Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Trade and Draft Board

Old 07-01-2008, 01:11 PM   #161
MaVs 41 BaLler
Golden Member

MaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud ofMaVs 41 BaLler has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by bao_down1
Some rumors have it thgat the Niggets want to trade Anthony.

I would like to see a move for anthony involving J-Ho.

pothead for a pothead??
MaVs 41 BaLler is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-02-2008, 02:44 PM   #162
quietsavant

quietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud of

Kings Tell Artest He Isn't in Long-Term Plans?

Posted: 7/2/2008 1:10:00 AM
Source: Sacramento Bee

When Ron Artest attended Game 6 of the NBA Finals in Boston, he instantly sparked speculation that he could be the missing piece alongside Kobe Bryant for a Los Angeles Lakers team that fell short in its title run.

But when the small forward and his agent, Mark Stevens, had a conference call with Kings basketball president Geoff Petrie on Tuesday morning, one day after Artest decided to play the final season of his contract with the Kings for $7.4 million, the hoops love Artest had been feeling was nowhere to be found.

Several sources close to the team said Artest entered with the hopes of discussing a lucrative, long-term extension – but was told the Kings were not prepared to take part in such talks.

The message, quite clearly, is that he was not a part of their long-term plans. Artest was told to play out the season and be prepared to either be traded or revisit the issue next summer, when he would be an unrestricted free agent. Not long after, Artest sent an e-mail to ESPN.com's Marc Stein expressing regret over his decision to stay.

"I think I made the biggest mistake by staying in my contract, and I have to live with it," Artest wrote. "I had some misleading information (in making the) decision on not opting out. …

"I don't see myself with (the) Kings beyond 2008-09."

Petrie acknowledged he had a "candid" conversation with Artest but said he "wasn't too inclined to (say) much further than that."

Stevens said he had considered the talk with Petrie "good" and was surprised by Artest's public venting when reached Tuesday afternoon.

"I'm not even near a TV, so I can't even respond to something I haven't seen," Stevens said. "Whatever (Artest's) reasons for feeling that way is – well, we'll just see."

Just as the Kings did in February, they are expected to entertain trade offers for Artest and take advantage of his rising value. The Lakers are a near certain possibility for talks this summer, with a long list of contending teams needing a piece such as Artest behind them.

Would Donnie and Mark be open to make a packaged deal to trade for this disgruntled player?

The good Ol days : Click
quietsavant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2008, 04:41 AM   #163
mbaur

mbaur will become famous soon enough

I have learned that here daydreamings are not welcome. But you dream everything of the title NBA, also the players. A ring is almost exactly important to you like the money.
Therefore, a few more dreams of me:

Elton Brand said with ESPN, he "dreams" with two other top players play and win as in Bosten has functioned successfully, for it he would renounce even money.

If Arenas from Washington wants away, we offer Stack back and Terry. Arenas can play SG, is very good from outsigth, good defender and young (26). Also for the time after Kidd.

Jefferson and Artest have likewise said that they want sooner or later in other / better teams. Thus maybe the Mavs can try to exchange Josh and Picks for Jefferson or Josh for Artest.

Diop/Dirk/Jefferson(Artest)/Areanas/Kidd.

And with the new German connection if it does not run with the Clippers next Season, well in the spring Kaman try to agree.

Do not dream, try :-)
mbaur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2008, 08:07 AM   #164
MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs
Diamond Member

MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant future

Quote:
Still looking to deal
While there should be no doubt in anyone's mind that Geoff Petrie intends to trade Ron Artest as soon as possible given Ron-Ron's recent outburst and dissatisfaction with his contract situation, don't expect anything to happen before the July 9th signing date. Petrie won't make a move until Beno Udrih formally rejoins the Kings. But that doesn't mean he hasn't compiled a trade wish-list or begun entertaining offers. The same teams that were intererested in Artest before he committed to the final year (and $7.4 million) of his contract continue to find him appealing, especially in light of his expiring contract. The Lakers, Miami Heat, Houston Rockets, Dallas Mavericks, among others, will be exchanging phone calls with in the near future.
http://www.sacbee.com/static/weblogs...es/013679.html

So this front office does have interest. Any chance we can beat out those other teams? What would we have to give up? Josh?

Last edited by MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs; 07-03-2008 at 08:07 AM.
MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2008, 08:09 AM   #165
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs
What would we have to give up? Josh?
Sounds good to me - git 'er done!

Artest would effectively end the "soft" label around here...

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2008, 05:36 PM   #166
BPo001
Diamond Member

BPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog
Sounds good to me - git 'er done!

Artest would effectively end the "soft" label around here...
You cant argue that! I think Artest would fit here nicely
BPo001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2008, 06:15 PM   #167
SeriousSummer
Golden Member

SeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant future

Either Stackhouse or Terry work for Artest even up. Maybe Sacramento would do Artest for Stackhouse if Dallas included a prospect or second round draft choice?
SeriousSummer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2008, 06:16 PM   #168
mbaur

On ESPN rumors which the Kings can fancy a Trade with Damp for Miller. Do it! And send Josh immediately for Artest!
Old 07-03-2008, 06:46 PM   #169
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeriousSummer
Either Stackhouse or Terry work for Artest even up. Maybe Sacramento would do Artest for Stackhouse if Dallas included a prospect or second round draft choice?
I think you're severely overrating Stackhouse (unless you meant to say Stackhouse AND Terry?)

EDIT: (value as a player...)

Last edited by Underdog; 07-03-2008 at 06:47 PM.
Old 07-03-2008, 06:51 PM   #170
SeriousSummer
Golden Member

SeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbaur
On ESPN rumors which the Kings can fancy a Trade with Damp for Miller. Do it! And send Josh immediately for Artest!
Damp/Terry works for Miller/Artest

Miller/Diop
Dirk/Bass
Artest/George/Green/R. Terry
Howard/Stack/Wright/Jones
Kidd/McLeod/Barea

I think that could be pretty good.
Old 07-03-2008, 06:56 PM   #171
SeriousSummer
Golden Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog
I think you're severely overrating Stackhouse (unless you meant to say Stackhouse AND Terry?)

EDIT: (value as a player...)
I don't think Stack is anywhere near the player that Artest is, but word is that Sacramento wants to get rid of Artest, absolutely. A trade for Stack lets them do that without taking on any significant new salary--and that may or may not be what Sac wants.
Old 07-03-2008, 06:58 PM   #172
Underdog

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeriousSummer
I don't think Stack is anywhere near the player that Artest is, but word is that Sacramento wants to get rid of Artest, absolutely. A trade for Stack lets them do that without taking on any significant new salary--and that may or may not be what Sac wants.
Seriously - you have to stop saying these things to a man who has suffered the past three post-seasons...

Last edited by Underdog; 07-03-2008 at 06:58 PM.
Old 07-03-2008, 07:01 PM   #173
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Stack may have to have a buddy for the flight to SAC in this deal, probably named Bass. THEN it is questionable if its worth it.
SMC0007 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2008, 03:21 AM   #174
mbaur

LAC sign Campy .. now my dreams come true .. Kaman to Mavs?!
Old 07-16-2008, 03:52 AM   #175
alby
Guru

alby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond repute

Not gonna happen. We just threw 30 million at Diop.

Contact Me
Twitter: www.twitter.com/alnguyen84
Facebook: www.facebook.com/alnguyen84
alby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2008, 09:14 AM   #176
vashjan

vashjan will become famous soon enoughvashjan will become famous soon enough

James Singleton is the new Najera..so Najera aint coming, he has signed with the Nets.
Old 07-16-2008, 11:27 AM   #177
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

http://dimemag.com/2008/07/josh-smit...-mike-woodson/

Josh Smith refuses to play for Woodson.. SnT?
SMC0007 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2008, 11:38 AM   #178
alby
Guru

alby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMC0007
http://dimemag.com/2008/07/josh-smit...-mike-woodson/

Josh Smith refuses to play for Woodson.. SnT?
In my dreams.

Contact Me
Old 07-16-2008, 12:15 PM   #179
bao_down1

bao_down1 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by DIRKNOWITZKI
CJ Miles, Mike Redd, Eduardo Najera, Big Man( jermaine/Dalembert), Corey Maggette?
I think a deal could be worked out with chicago for gordon or nocioni
thoughts?

u forgot Arteset

DIRK "guiding teams to championships"

-Thats what i do..
bao_down1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2008, 01:23 PM   #180
mbaur

Wow, Kaman / Nowitzi .. what a frontline .. (Tournament in Athen...)

Kaman make space for Nowitzi, he is a very good rebounder, can make his own shoots and post up very good!

How can we get him?
Old 07-21-2008, 01:27 AM   #181
ty
Diamond Member

ty has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Sources: Magic trade Dooling to Nets for cash considerations

The New Jersey Nets acquired guard Keyon Dooling from the Orlando Magic for cash considerations, pending league approval, according to sources.

Along with cash, New Jersey is sending to Orlando a $3.3 million trade exception that they acquired from Dallas in the Jason Kidd trade.

Dooling will receive a three-year deal, averaging about $3 million per year. Only the first two years are guaranteed.
There goes another one...

"I still go through it in my head," Nowitzki said. "One of my last nights in Germany [last month], I was trying to go to sleep, but I couldn't. I was thinking about the free throw I missed [late in Game 3], about different situations that happened in that series. I'll never forget it. It's going to stay in my mind until we win it all."
ty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2008, 01:28 AM   #182
ty
Diamond Member

ty has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbaur
Nowitzi
Heresy.

"I still go through it in my head," Nowitzki said. "One of my last nights in Germany [last month], I was trying to go to sleep, but I couldn't. I was thinking about the free throw I missed [late in Game 3], about different situations that happened in that series. I'll never forget it. It's going to stay in my mind until we win it all."
ty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2008, 09:03 AM   #183
AxdemxO
Diamond Member

AxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to behold

http://www.hoopsworld.com/Story.asp?story_id=9541

Josh for Josh?

Josh Smith proved to be the most valuable player of the Atlanta Hawks postseason run, so why aren't they chomping at the bit to bring the restricted free agent back? The Hawks, who need all the help they can get in their undersized front court, have yet to make Smith an offer. Perhaps they are waiting for interest from around the league to wane -- the Philadelphia 76ers and Los Angeles Clippers already opted for proven veterans over Smith -- or perhaps they are contemplating a bigger move.

Some NBA pundits are proposing that the Hawks should re-sign Smith and then trade him to the Dallas Mavericks for Josh Howard. The notion makes sense for the Mavs, who are in desperate need of a defensive-minded power player. Smith can run with the best of the west and at only 22 years old is a solid long-term investment.

Howard would bring one of the more underrated offensive games to Atlanta. The question is, though, what would the Hawks do with their current three, Marvin Williams? They had developed an emerging combination of Williams outside the paint, Smith attacking the rim, and Al Horford defending the basket. How would the addition of Howard shake things up? This deal is all speculation at this point, but as the summer goes on without an offer for Smith, a sign-and-trade could become a more viable option.

"It feels disrespectful when you watch these shows, TNT, ESPN, and they're talking, 'Walk through the Mavericks, that's who you want to play," Terry said. "OK. We'll see if that's who you want to play."

........GO MAVS

Last edited by AxdemxO; 07-21-2008 at 09:03 AM.
AxdemxO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2008, 11:50 AM   #184
alby
Guru

If there is any truth to this, the Dallas Mavericks' front office better be trying their very best to come up with a deal to acquire this 22 year old freak of a basketball player. Josh Smith with Jason Kidd? Yikes.

Contact Me
Old 07-21-2008, 11:53 AM   #185
BGMaverick9
Guru

BGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond repute

Apparently because of BYC issues, it'd be a complicated trade, but I guess it's worth digging into because he is a talent. Would he be more comfortable fitting in the 3 spot vs the 4?
Old 07-21-2008, 11:56 AM   #186
alby
Guru

If he plays the 3, stick JET at the 2 and Josh Smith might average 5 blocks a game =P

Contact Me
Old 07-21-2008, 12:01 PM   #187
BGMaverick9
Guru

BGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond repute

I'd offer anything other than Dirk and Kidd to get Smith...just laying it out there.
Josh, Jet, Damp, Bass, Stack, EJ, whatever combo it would take.
Old 07-21-2008, 01:42 PM   #188
Dirkenstien
Diamond Member

Dirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant future

I think I've said it before on another thread but if we got Josh Smith I would cry happy tears.

I have pitty on anyone facing a team with Josh Smith and Jason Kidd on the same team. Talk about putting butts in seats this would truly would be a marketing juggernaut for Cuban. Hell, I may even buy season tickets if this happened and I don't even live in Dallas right now!!

''Nowitzki'' is a German word that, translated, means, ''Good Lord, doesn't this guy ever miss?''

-Miami paper on Dirk Nowitzki

Last edited by Dirkenstien; 07-21-2008 at 01:42 PM.
Dirkenstien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2008, 04:47 AM   #189
Ring_for_Dirk

Ring_for_Dirk is on a distinguished road

Heat looking for a C and PG.

Trade: Haslem/Cook for Maigloire/Terry

Send Josh/Cook to SG, Dirk to SF and Haslem/Bass to the PF..

Perhaps in a least with a package Damp/Bass/Stack/Jones is something possible with the Bulls (Hinrich/Gordon) or with the Raptors (like Bargnani)..

Last edited by Ring_for_Dirk; 08-29-2008 at 04:55 AM.
Ring_for_Dirk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2008, 06:32 AM   #190
muzak

muzak is a glorious beacon of lightmuzak is a glorious beacon of lightmuzak is a glorious beacon of lightmuzak is a glorious beacon of lightmuzak is a glorious beacon of lightmuzak is a glorious beacon of lightmuzak is a glorious beacon of light

has there ever been a 7' SF; isn't that rather big, and perhaps slow?
muzak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2008, 11:18 AM   #191
alby
Guru

No thanks.

Contact Me
Old 08-29-2008, 03:19 PM   #192
AxdemxO
Diamond Member

AxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ring_for_Dirk
Heat looking for a C and PG.

Trade: Haslem/Cook for Maigloire/Terry

Send Josh/Cook to SG, Dirk to SF and Haslem/Bass to the PF..

Perhaps in a least with a package Damp/Bass/Stack/Jones is something possible with the Bulls (Hinrich/Gordon) or with the Raptors (like Bargnani)..
Wow talk about throwing away Terry, who by the way is much more valuable to us then either of those guys could be. Sooo NOOO

Why do people keep coming up with these type of trades..like

do this

then do this

then do this

and this is what you will have, like people are just gonna give us what we want and in most cases at the end we dont end up being better anyway.

"It feels disrespectful when you watch these shows, TNT, ESPN, and they're talking, 'Walk through the Mavericks, that's who you want to play," Terry said. "OK. We'll see if that's who you want to play."

........GO MAVS
AxdemxO is offline   Reply With Quote