Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Trade and Draft Board

Old 01-07-2009, 02:22 AM   #1
twistaeffect2004
Diamond Member

twistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant future
Default Rumor: Josh Howard to Toronto

Rumored Deal:

Josh Howard, DeSagana Diop and Antoine Wright

for

Andrea Bargnani and Anthony Parker

http://www.hoopsworld.com/Story.asp?story_id=11144

Again, just a rumor, but supposedly these are the principles according to the article. The Raptors would be taking back too much salary so in order for this deal to go down the Mavs would receive another player or two.

Last edited by twistaeffect2004; 01-07-2009 at 02:25 AM.
twistaeffect2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-07-2009, 02:29 AM   #2
Windmill360
Diamond Member

Windmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond repute

i'd be excited about anthony parker TBH

that guy can hit the tre

Last edited by Windmill360; 01-07-2009 at 02:30 AM.
Windmill360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009, 02:30 AM   #3
Zki41

Zki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to allZki41 is a name known to all

This could work... not as huge as getting Kaman for Josh but I guess filling in the role that we wanted .. plus getting a decent guard to maybe start at SG and maybe play some SF.
Zki41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009, 02:31 AM   #4
MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs
Diamond Member

MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant future

I hope it goes down.

Edit: Oh damn, clicked the link and it's Bill Ingram. That's guys an idiot. It's probably not true.

Last edited by MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs; 01-07-2009 at 02:31 AM.
MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009, 02:34 AM   #5
BGMaverick9
Guru

BGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond repute

Ugh...Bill Ingram...

You're telling me that we can get rid of Diop's contract, Howard and a young prospect and get someone who's a FA after the year and someone who can be gone for the summer of 2010? Plus it can solve our SG issue and he plays defense?

Oh Billy..
Old 01-07-2009, 02:38 AM   #6
Thomas86
Golden Member

Thomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to all

WOW! I hope this trade goes down....man I'm excited!!!
Thomas86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009, 02:39 AM   #7
MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs
Diamond Member

MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant future

This is the kind of crap you get from hoopsworld. Don't believe it.

Quote:
The Dominoes are Falling
By Mario Morgan and Eric Pincus
for HOOPSWORLD.com
Aug 30, 2005, 23:00

After an off-season that has went on spurts of its own, it appears the final push is being made. Close sources to HOOPSWORLD.com has learned that moves are in motion that will finish up a large portion of the free agent market

First, the big fish left in the pond is Michael Finley. He is expected to name the Miami Heat as the winner for his services. The sides are believed to be close to a 3-year deal at the MLE which will keep Finley in South Beach, supplementing his long-term buyout plan with Dallas. Maverick's owner Mark Cuban is believed to offer accelerated the payment schedule with Finley because of his move to the Eastern Conference. The Heat would then be shooters around Shaquille O'Neal, with Finley added to Dwyane Wade, Antoine Walker, Jason Williams, and James Posey. No word yet on whether the Heat will petition the NBA to play with two balls at the same time.
Old 01-07-2009, 02:40 AM   #8
BGMaverick9
Guru

BGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond repute

Don't forget his scoop that Beno was on his way to Dallas...
Old 01-07-2009, 02:42 AM   #9
MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs
Diamond Member

Yeah it's like the Weekly World News of Basketball News. You only read it for a laugh.
Old 01-07-2009, 02:44 AM   #10
BGMaverick9
Guru

A trade where you even send Josh out of the country???

Just looking at it from my earlier perspective, it sounds WAY too good to be true.
Old 01-07-2009, 02:45 AM   #11
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

I don't like this deal much at all. But, fortunately for me, Bill Ingram is always wrong.

"Your'e a low-mentality drama gay queen!!" -- She_Growls
LonghornDub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009, 02:55 AM   #12
Thomas86
Golden Member

Thomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to all

The salaries don't even match so that means Toronto would have to add another player if this trade rumor is true.
Thomas86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009, 03:00 AM   #13
Robillion
Golden Member

Robillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant future

Isn't Anthony Parker getting old? ... and Bargnani.. isnt he a Dirk wanna be with no where near shooting skill?
Robillion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009, 03:03 AM   #14
walter

walter is just really nicewalter is just really nicewalter is just really nicewalter is just really nicewalter is just really nicewalter is just really nice

Eh, I dunno. The trade doesn't blow me away, but it could do some good. Bargnani, Parker, and Kapono for Howard, Diop, and Wright works. Jamario Moon as a throw in works in that trade as well. Could be something to look into
walter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009, 03:07 AM   #15
Robillion
Golden Member

Robillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant futureRobillion has a brilliant future

Yeah I would want another quality player in the deal for us.. like Kapono or at least Moon thrown in for me to be excited about it. A high draft pick would do as well

Last edited by Robillion; 01-07-2009 at 03:11 AM.
Old 01-07-2009, 03:10 AM   #16
alby
Guru

alby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond repute

Andrea is a very underrated basketball talent. He would learn a lot under Dirk. But this move doesn't really "do it" for me. It is an upgrade because Anthony Parker fills the two guard role very nicely. But we still have dead weight in Stackhouse that needs to go and IMHO, Bass (with the emergence of Singleton).

Contact Me
Twitter: www.twitter.com/alnguyen84
Facebook: www.facebook.com/alnguyen84
alby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009, 03:13 AM   #17
fluid.forty.one

fluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond repute

hell, I wish salaries matched on a Howard for Kapono trade straight up.
fluid.forty.one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009, 03:16 AM   #18
alby
Guru

alby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond repute

Can we add Stack, Bass, and Kapono and/or Moon to this deal?

Contact Me
Old 01-07-2009, 03:16 AM   #19
Robillion
Golden Member

Bass is still > than Singleton.. but I could see Bargnani > Bass. But where would we play Bargnani? SF? He doesnt really have any post game. Might as well. Or play him off the bench for SF, PF, and C backup. The good thing about this trade is that it opens us up to trade Stack + Bass for something decent as well.
Old 01-07-2009, 03:17 AM   #20
BGMaverick9
Guru

I think Andrea could be serviceable and who better to learn from than Dirk. I don't know how he would fit when it comes to playoff time in the West but he's intriguing.

Parker sounds great from what I've read. He would fill the SG role nicely and hold up his end of the bargain on the defensive side of the court.

I agree that we would need something more from them, any of the players that were mention sound good...Kapono would be sweet. Plus you still have wiggle room with Stack and Bass.
Old 01-07-2009, 03:17 AM   #21
alby
Guru

Bass > Singleton

but if you include salaries, they are a wash.

Contact Me
Old 01-07-2009, 03:18 AM   #22
alby
Guru

Kapono would be the perfect guy to play alongside Kidd/Dirk, he would probably shoot 50 percent from three and average about 14-15 a game.

Contact Me
Old 01-07-2009, 03:19 AM   #23
alby
Guru

Kidd, Parker, Kapono, Dirk would be an awfully skilled offensive group.

Contact Me
Old 01-07-2009, 03:21 AM   #24
Robillion
Golden Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fluid.forty.one View Post
hell, I wish salaries matched on a Howard for Kapono trade straight up.
Are you serious? All Kapono is good for is 3's. He is no where near the talent Howard is. (even though Howard hasnt shown us much this year compared to previous years). Kapono is not a good defender either.. I wouldnt want him the starting lineup. Though he would be great to have in late game situations a la Brent Barry.

Anyways.....I want Howard gone as much as the next guy. But, I think he should return more than what Toronto would give up alone, besides Diop and Wright being added.
Old 01-07-2009, 03:22 AM   #25
BGMaverick9
Guru

I agree that Bass > Singleton but it's not a dramatic difference to where you're crippled if Bass leaves and Singleton has to step up.

It would really be interesting to see how the offense would roll with the bench. You've got a LOT of perimeter oriented guys: Jet, Andrea, Kapono. At least they're efficient guys.
Old 01-07-2009, 03:24 AM   #26
Robillion
Golden Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by alby View Post
Kidd, Parker, Kapono, Dirk would be an awfully skilled offensive group.
So.. Toronto with a real center, a better coach, and a better sixth man...
Old 01-07-2009, 03:25 AM   #27
Robillion
Golden Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BGMaverick9 View Post
I agree that Bass > Singleton but it's not a dramatic difference to where you're crippled if Bass leaves and Singleton has to step up.

It would really be interesting to see how the offense would roll with the bench. You've got a LOT of perimeter oriented guys: Jet, Andrea, Kapono. At least they're efficient guys.
You cant forget that Parker shoots like 44% or something awesome like that from three and Kidd should nearly 40%.
Old 01-07-2009, 03:26 AM   #28
alby
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robillion View Post
So.. Toronto with a real center, a better coach, and a better sixth man...
and a better superstar (Dirk).

Contact Me
Old 01-07-2009, 03:28 AM   #29
BGMaverick9
Guru

Quote:
You cant forget that Parker shoots like 44% or something awesome like that from three and Kidd should nearly 40%.
Yeah, Parker seems like a nice find. Considering Jet for the most part is our bench scoring, it'd be nice to have some more punch with Kapono and Bargnani.
Old 01-07-2009, 03:30 AM   #30
BGMaverick9
Guru

just for the other side's perspective:
http://www.realgm.com/boards/viewtop...st=0&sk=t&sd=a
Old 01-07-2009, 03:33 AM   #31
cinemablend

cinemablend is a name known to allcinemablend is a name known to allcinemablend is a name known to allcinemablend is a name known to allcinemablend is a name known to allcinemablend is a name known to allcinemablend is a name known to allcinemablend is a name known to allcinemablend is a name known to allcinemablend is a name known to all

Call me crazy, but I think we can get a lot better than this for Josh.
cinemablend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009, 03:35 AM   #32
mac222b
Diamond Member

mac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Isn't Anthony Parker getting old? ... and Bargnani.. isnt he a Dirk wanna be with no where near shooting skill?
Not sure how much validity there is to this but it's fun to wonder. Parker is 33 and his shooting pcts. have declined 3yrs. running. But we would only be renting him for a year or 2 anyway and he plays D and shoots 42% from 3. And he's an excellent free throw shooter-consistently over 80%.
Bargnani's not a bad shooter. He just hasn't shown as much overall improvement as they'd hoped. We could audition him and if he doesn't fit our plans he along w/Stack and a 1st could get us a damn good player in return this June. J-Ho/Diop for Bargnani,Parker,Graham, Solomon works. Would leave us w/ only Dirk, Jet on the books w/ Bargnani as an extremely desirable expiring contract with upside. Sounds too good to be true.
mac222b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009, 03:42 AM   #33
BGMaverick9
Guru

Parker would be a legit rental. I'm sure he's declining but he's definitely a fill-in for the short term and probably the better/complete option we would have with what we've got.

I think if Bargnani goes to another team (other than Toronto) and gets minutes, he has a pretty good shot of being a steal for that team. There was just too much hope and hype for him in Toronto. There is too much pressure placed on a number pick, add on top of that it's a foreign player. As long as you keep building him up, he could be a nice piece.
Old 01-07-2009, 03:44 AM   #34
Robillion
Golden Member

Something of this nature better be real... I am too tired to keep posting about it but I am so intrigued.
Old 01-07-2009, 03:46 AM   #35
BGMaverick9
Guru

Bill is such a tease but this is a nice alternative to sleep.
Old 01-07-2009, 03:52 AM   #36
mac222b
Diamond Member

mac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Parker would be a legit rental. I'm sure he's declining but he's definitely a fill-in for the short term and probably the better/complete option we would have with what we've got.

I think if Bargnani goes to another team (other than Toronto) and gets minutes, he has a pretty good shot of being a steal for that team. There was just too much hope and hype for him in Toronto. There is too much pressure placed on a number pick, add on top of that it's a foreign player. As long as you keep building him up, he could be a nice piece.
I agree. Parker could be our Raja Bell, Bowen(Bruce not Ryan) type we've been after. A better Buckner. And Bargnani could totally flourish in the right situation. I still think it sounds too good to be true. I think we would have to pull the trigger on this one.
Old 01-07-2009, 03:53 AM   #37
mac222b
Diamond Member

Quote:
Bill is such a tease but this is a nice alternative to sleep.
It is kind of like dreaming
Old 01-07-2009, 04:09 AM   #38
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

I know that getting out of Diop's 4-year-27-million-dollar contract is something to aim for, but trading Howard for an expiring, over-the-hill sharpshooter and the only guy in the league that makes Raef LaFrentz look like Karl Malone in his prime? It just doesnt do anything for me.

Maybe its mad genius-- the kind of mad genius that got Nellie to the playoffs having three point threats at every position, but it just looks like a mediocre move aimed at economic security rather than on-court progression.

Of course this is all conjecture, but I think the rumor has a splinter of truth in it-- this team is fiscally bloated and Howard isnt fetching anything more than third tier players like Bargnani.If we are pulling off a trade this season it will look a lot more like this rumor than the kind of blockbusters that the Lakers or Celts pulled.

Last edited by EricaLubarsky; 01-07-2009 at 04:22 AM.
EricaLubarsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009, 04:17 AM   #39
quietsavant

quietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud of

Im not too HIGH on this one. (pun intended)...I mean as BAD as JHO has been this season, And I use bad loosely, he still has averaged a better PPG 18.0, RPG 5.2, APG 1.7, SPG 0.6, and has a higher FG% than bargnani. If the guy is so great, why are they so eager to give him away, a former 1st round pick I might add. Now thats a rhetorical question because I know they are hoping change of scenery will help him out, and so are we. Plus we get a 7 lengthy SF/PF. But It is my belief that we need to get tougher and Bargnani doesnt add to that. Instead we are more prone to going towards that jump shooting clique we try to avoid all too often. Besides, If we passed on Garnett because of Howard, Doggone it we better stick the course and not give this kid away for scraps. I use scraps very loosely btw.

The good Ol days : Click

Last edited by quietsavant; 01-07-2009 at 04:33 AM.
quietsavant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009, 05:08 AM   #40
mac222b
Diamond Member

Bargnani is quite talented offensively. He isn't just a perimeter shooter. There's a reason he was the #1 pick. He'll never be Dirk. But he could be a really good player someday.

Tags
blueberries, i hate hoopsworld.com, pointed, pointless