Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 03-16-2017, 02:38 PM   #1
BPo001
Diamond Member

BPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Mavs Free Agency

I imagine we won't be big spenders this summer as far as bringing in outside talent, but who are the potential free agents this summer that we could keep an eye on? I'm not sure who we could potentially be looking at.
BPo001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-14-2017, 04:39 PM   #2
Bryan_Wilson
Diamond Member

Bryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond repute

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2...-agent-targets
Bryan_Wilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2017, 07:39 PM   #3
sefant77
Guru

sefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond repute

Holiday or Teague

One of them we throw a max contract. Maybe Hill if the other two are gone...
sefant77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2017, 07:42 PM   #4
yahyes
Banned

yahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud of

Holiday while trying to trade Devin to an east team. No need to draft a PG if there are good enough starting free agent vets right now.
yahyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2017, 10:24 PM   #5
rimrocker
Diamond Member

rimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond repute

I just don't see how Holiday makes us any kind of a contender. I also wonder what this means about the draft......do the Mavs think a PG won't slip to them? Do they have a non-PG pick in mind? Do they plan to trade down?
If we're loading up with guys in their late 20s we might as well trade the pick for another mid-to-late 20s immediate contributor because waiting 3 or 4 years for our draft pick to develop doesn't make a lot of sense.

Last edited by rimrocker; 06-14-2017 at 10:25 PM.
rimrocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2017, 10:40 PM   #6
mac222b
Diamond Member

mac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by rimrocker View Post
I just don't see how Holiday makes us any kind of a contender. I also wonder what this means about the draft......do the Mavs think a PG won't slip to them? Do they have a non-PG pick in mind? Do they plan to trade down?
If we're loading up with guys in their late 20s we might as well trade the pick for another mid-to-late 20s immediate contributor because waiting 3 or 4 years for our draft pick to develop doesn't make a lot of sense.
Their "plan" seems to be changing from moment to moment. I understand the need to remain fluid and flexible. But if we are going to try like hell for the 7 or 8 seed to get swept by GSW or the Spurs...even more incumbent to have tanked fully this past season. We have been lurking on the edges or right where you don't want to be- or at least as Cuban has put it in the past. Not contenders but not picking high enough to get franchise altering stars.

Holiday and Hill are both really good players and would make this coming season more entertaining. Would love to see Dirk back in the playoffs one more time. But there is this lingering disconnect between the MBT doing what they think/know is right and what they actually do. Very frustrating
mac222b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2017, 09:23 AM   #7
saclare
Platinum Member

saclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant future

Unless Isaac slips to us draft night, then no thanks to the free agent PGs. I would rather have DSJ or Frank.

None of these FA PGs puts us over the top with a Monk, Markkanen, or Collins type if all the other PGs are there and we would be stuck with an overpaid PG on a treadmill of mediocrity, chasing the 7/8th seed and getting bulldozed first round.
saclare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2017, 10:40 AM   #8
mac222b
Diamond Member

mac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by saclare View Post
Unless Isaac slips to us draft night, then no thanks to the free agent PGs. I would rather have DSJ or Frank.

None of these FA PGs puts us over the top with a Monk, Markkanen, or Collins type if all the other PGs are there and we would be stuck with an overpaid PG on a treadmill of mediocrity, chasing the 7/8th seed and getting bulldozed first round.
Honestly, I want BPA even say we sign Holiday(s) and Frank or DSJ are the BPA take 'em and figure it out later. This roster is pretty bereft of talent. Holiday and Hill can slide to shooting guard some if its DSJ and Frank wont be ready for 2-3 yrs anyway
Old 06-15-2017, 10:55 AM   #9
saclare
Platinum Member

saclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac222b View Post
Honestly, I want BPA even say we sign Holiday(s) and Frank or DSJ are the BPA take 'em and figure it out later. This roster is pretty bereft of talent. Holiday and Hill can slide to shooting guard some if its DSJ and Frank wont be ready for 2-3 yrs anyway
I get it, but then you have $0 to improve elsewhere in FA. Unless we are phoning home the next two seasons. I'd rather build with a young PG with a high ceiling. I guess I'm just not sold on Holiday, Hill, or Teague, especially at the price. But again, that's the way the NBA has headed and may be what is necessary to overpay for fine players, just not definite difference makers, IMO.
Old 06-17-2017, 10:32 AM   #10
tap2390
Diamond Member

tap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond repute

No just no to paying Teague, Hill, or Holiday. They don't put us over the top, will be overpaid, and hinder our ability to build through the draft.

Just say no to mediocrity, either be a #1-6 seed or suck. But not that dreaded in-betweeen no mans land.
Old 06-19-2017, 12:43 AM   #11
spreedom
Diamond Member

spreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond repute

The seemingly annual Rubio rumors coming up again... I think I'm in the minority around here in saying I'd love for him to be the long-term solution at PG for us. From everything I'm hearing from people who closely follow the Wolves, they feel his trade value is pretty low right now with the glut of good point guards in the league today. I know he isn't as high on everyone's wish list as he is on mine, but in the hypothetical scenario in which we traded for Rubio, what's the least (realistic) package you'd trade for him?

Personally, I'd love to do something like Powell straight up for him, but that might not be realistic. Maybe Powell/DFS for Rubio/top-10 protected 1st? I say that as a big DFS fan... Or would the Wolves have any interest in a straight up Matthews trade?
spreedom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2017, 12:45 AM   #12
spreedom
Diamond Member

spreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond repute

Also, I second the notion of passing on Hill/Holiday and especially Teague, with each of them likely commanding $20M+ per year. I'd prefer Rubio (as mentioned above) at under $15M per, or Mills at $10-12M over any of those guys...
spreedom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2017, 03:41 AM   #13
Bryan_Wilson
Diamond Member

Bryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by spreedom View Post
The seemingly annual Rubio rumors coming up again... I think I'm in the minority around here in saying I'd love for him to be the long-term solution at PG for us. From everything I'm hearing from people who closely follow the Wolves, they feel his trade value is pretty low right now with the glut of good point guards in the league today. I know he isn't as high on everyone's wish list as he is on mine, but in the hypothetical scenario in which we traded for Rubio, what's the least (realistic) package you'd trade for him?

Personally, I'd love to do something like Powell straight up for him, but that might not be realistic. Maybe Powell/DFS for Rubio/top-10 protected 1st? I say that as a big DFS fan... Or would the Wolves have any interest in a straight up Matthews trade?
I agree with what Tap said in the draft thread. The only way I'm on board with a Rubio trade is if at the end of it we are the owners of the 7th pick and moved in front of the Knicks to secure "our guy". I have no clue realistically how that package would look. I really don't think Wes is worth the 60th pick in the draft atm so it's hard for me to believe he could help us move up 2 spots in the top 10, same with Powell. But no thank you to any kind of long term plans for Rubio and his career 37% shooting. That's as bad as Wes as a Maverick except Wes at least has the excuse of firing off 7 3's a game and being overworked leading us in minutes while checking the best player on defense.
Old 06-19-2017, 11:17 AM   #14
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Wes is a bench player now and isn't going to provide much value for us. A solid team might have interest in a dump to us for him and bring him off their bench but we are taking on more than we need to mess with in return. We can't have a guy out on the floor who is a broken shooter and expect him just to stop other teams best player. With the ever-growing severe lack of carrying calls the better defensive choice is to make the other best player actually work and guard someone as well, and run their ass all over the floor. It's so important to have guys who can really handle the ball well and he is most definitely not one of them.

you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY
SMC0007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2017, 11:58 AM   #15
saclare
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMC0007 View Post
Wes is a bench player now and isn't going to provide much value for us. A solid team might have interest in a dump to us for him and bring him off their bench but we are taking on more than we need to mess with in return. We can't have a guy out on the floor who is a broken shooter and expect him just to stop other teams best player. With the ever-growing severe lack of carrying calls the better defensive choice is to make the other best player actually work and guard someone as well, and run their ass all over the floor. It's so important to have guys who can really handle the ball well and he is most definitely not one of them.
I disagree. Wes is still a starter in this league. His defense alone is good enough for that. I agree on the offense side of the ball. However, perhaps with an added piece via draft, he won't be tasked to do as much on offense and can go back to being purely off ball and closer to 40% shooter from deep. I just can do without his iso game, and subpar handles.
Old 06-19-2017, 12:19 PM   #16
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I disagree. Wes is still a starter in this league. His defense alone is good enough for that. I agree on the offense side of the ball. However, perhaps with an added piece via draft, he won't be tasked to do as much on offense and can go back to being purely off ball and closer to 40% shooter from deep. I just can do without his iso game, and subpar handles.
Yea, He's an elite defender for sure, but there aren't many top teams that I would replace my starting SG with him. Possibly the Cavs and Clips?

Old 06-19-2017, 02:08 PM   #17
saclare
Platinum Member

Quote:
Yea, He's an elite defender for sure, but there aren't many top teams that I would replace my starting SG with him. Possibly the Cavs and Clips?
Them and a whole host of worse teams (Nets, Knicks, 76ers, Pistons, etc.). He soured on us a little here last season but still a good player and really good locker room presence. It speaks volumes when the trade rumors pop up and every one connected to sources and/or FO peeps outright deny anything revolving around trading him. (Edit: which of course can be smokescreen, but I'm of the thinking they aren't trading him unless blown away by something.)

Last edited by saclare; 06-19-2017 at 02:09 PM.
Old 06-19-2017, 03:23 PM   #18
rimrocker
Diamond Member

rimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond reputerimrocker has a reputation beyond repute

My biggest concern with keeping Wes is that RC will overplay him. We are to a point where 30+yo guys should never play 30+ minutes.
I get the whole locker room thing with Wes but it is beginning to look like it will come at the cost of losing Curry.
rimrocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2017, 03:32 PM   #19
SMC0007
Guru

Quote:
Them and a whole host of worse teams (Nets, Knicks, 76ers, Pistons, etc.). He soured on us a little here last season but still a good player and really good locker room presence. It speaks volumes when the trade rumors pop up and every one connected to sources and/or FO peeps outright deny anything revolving around trading him. (Edit: which of course can be smokescreen, but I'm of the thinking they aren't trading him unless blown away by something.)
Right, well when you are trying to build as those teams you mentioned, why add a guy who appears to be on the way down who is well overpayed. If you aren't trying to compete and need that niche guy, you don't need Wes very much unless it's on the cheap (which he isn't) or if you get to dump bad contracts in return. We would be trading a 3 legged dog for a different breed 3 legged dog in regards to moving him.

Old 06-19-2017, 03:33 PM   #20
SMC0007
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by rimrocker View Post
My biggest concern with keeping Wes is that RC will overplay him. We are to a point where 30+yo guys should never play 30+ minutes.
I get the whole locker room thing with Wes but it is beginning to look like it will come at the cost of losing Curry.
So we have to protect Rick from doing Rick things, and trade him?

Old 06-19-2017, 03:58 PM   #21
saclare
Platinum Member

Quote:
Right, well when you are trying to build as those teams you mentioned, why add a guy who appears to be on the way down who is well overpayed. If you aren't trying to compete and need that niche guy, you don't need Wes very much unless it's on the cheap (which he isn't) or if you get to dump bad contracts in return. We would be trading a 3 legged dog for a different breed 3 legged dog in regards to moving him.
Which is why I don't think we trade him. Some younger teams, like the Timberwolves, might need a veteran presence who happens to provide excellent defense. For sure if the latest Rubio trade rumors pan out and they prefer LaVine to run PG instead of Dunn. There's also the concept of the salary floor which could be enticing to add Wes along with other reasons mentioned. On the other hand, he's more likely to not be moved at all, for reasons you've mentioned above. Just providing other hypothetical situations.
Old 06-19-2017, 04:37 PM   #22
tap2390
Diamond Member

tap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Which is why I don't think we trade him. Some younger teams, like the Timberwolves, might need a veteran presence who happens to provide excellent defense. For sure if the latest Rubio trade rumors pan out and they prefer LaVine to run PG instead of Dunn. There's also the concept of the salary floor which could be enticing to add Wes along with other reasons mentioned. On the other hand, he's more likely to not be moved at all, for reasons you've mentioned above. Just providing other hypothetical situations.

We absolutely should not take Rubio off Minny's hands without getting #7 because it gives them more incentive to take a player we want there (DSJ or Ntilikina (sp?)).
Old 06-19-2017, 04:59 PM   #23
BPo001
Diamond Member

BPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond repute

RealGM @RealGM
Kevin Durant Will Re-Sign With Warriors: (link: http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap...-With-Warriors)

Adrian Wojnarowski @WojVerticalNBA
Sources: Chicago’s price for Jimmy Butler remains elevated, but Minnesota has assets and interest. Sides made preliminary contact this week.

Marc Stein @ESPNSteinLine
The Cavaliers, per league sources, have been working today on assembling multi-team trade scenarios to try to acquire Chicago's Jimmy Butler

Grant Afseth @GrantAfseth
Paul George's camp is informing teams that he is purely a rental, no matter who trades for him

Translation: Paul George's camp is attempting to sabotage the Indiana Pacers.
BPo001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2017, 05:12 PM   #24
saclare
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tap2390 View Post
We absolutely should not take Rubio off Minny's hands without getting #7 because it gives them more incentive to take a player we want there (DSJ or Ntilikina (sp?)).
Of course.
Old 06-19-2017, 05:12 PM   #25
saclare
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BPo001 View Post
RealGM @RealGM
Kevin Durant Will Re-Sign With Warriors: (link: http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap...-With-Warriors)

Sources: Chicago’s price for Jimmy Butler remains elevated, but Minnesota has assets and interest. Sides made preliminary contact this week.

The Cavaliers, per league sources, have been working today on assembling multi-team trade scenarios to try to acquire Chicago's Jimmy Butler

Paul George's camp is informing teams that he is purely a rental, no matter who trades for him

The mill, it be a spinnin'...
Old 06-19-2017, 05:16 PM   #26
tap2390
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BPo001 View Post
RealGM @RealGM

Kris Dunn, Zach LaVine, Future First, & #7 for Butler? Works because T-Wolves are under the cap.

PG13 is killing the Pacers. If he was really interested in helping them out he would have quietly approached their brain trust to let them gauge interest instead of letting this all play out in the media. I know several Pacers fans who hated PG13 off the floor even before this.
Old 06-19-2017, 05:44 PM   #27
saclare
Platinum Member

Quote:
Kris Dunn, Zach LaVine, Future First, & #7 for Butler? Works because T-Wolves are under the cap.

PG13 is killing the Pacers. If he was really interested in helping them out he would have quietly approached their brain trust to let them gauge interest instead of letting this all play out in the media. I know several Pacers fans who hated PG13 off the floor even before this.
Seems there's a leak somewhere, whether it is within the Pacers FO or George's camp. Either way, I'm willing to bet they met in private before this got out. Pacers are absolutely hamstrung now, unless a team like the Cavs or otherwise sell out in an effort to convince George he's better off with them next year. Wouldn't any team that trades for him retain bird rights, and, in addition, be able to sign him for more money and go over the cap?
Old 06-19-2017, 08:42 PM   #28
mac222b
Diamond Member

Quote:
Seems there's a leak somewhere, whether it is within the Pacers FO or George's camp. Either way, I'm willing to bet they met in private before this got out. Pacers are absolutely hamstrung now, unless a team like the Cavs or otherwise sell out in an effort to convince George he's better off with them next year. Wouldn't any team that trades for him retain bird rights, and, in addition, be able to sign him for more money and go over the cap?
It's gotta be PG's camp. No way Pritchard or Macmillan etc leak this.
PG already seems kind of entitled. His throwing Miles under the bus after that Cavs loss was weak. He pissed his pants at the first sign of the hard double and panic tossed it to Miles and then expected the ball back with like 2secs left on the clock 30 ft from the hoop. Love his game but he seems like another Hollywood clown. This is just a ploy to get him to Cleveland for this season and then team up with Bron in LA. Or something. Otherwise what's the point of leaking it?

These dudes make it too easy to root against them. His 20+ million and being treated so well in Indy isn't enough for him to do the franchise that drafted him and helped him grown into a great player a solid by keeping his mouth shut for like 3 weeks. One of the reasons he didn't get the All-NBA(and super max) is he coasted through the season and had a down year.

Last edited by mac222b; 06-19-2017 at 08:43 PM.
Old 06-19-2017, 09:24 PM   #29
tap2390
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac222b View Post
It's gotta be PG's camp. No way Pritchard or Macmillan etc leak this.
PG already seems kind of entitled. His throwing Miles under the bus after that Cavs loss was weak. He pissed his pants at the first sign of the hard double and panic tossed it to Miles and then expected the ball back with like 2secs left on the clock 30 ft from the hoop. Love his game but he seems like another Hollywood clown. This is just a ploy to get him to Cleveland for this season and then team up with Bron in LA. Or something. Otherwise what's the point of leaking it?
I agree completely. He drove the price down on purpose so he wouldn't end up with Minny or somewhere else cold. My guess is he's trying to make it to LA. I hope he's forced to play out the year on Indy because Indy can't get a decent offer. (Probably won't happen but I can dream).

On a side note, we are truly blessed to have a franchise player like Dirk. One in a million on and off the court.
Old 06-20-2017, 11:16 AM   #30
Songbard

Songbard is just really niceSongbard is just really niceSongbard is just really niceSongbard is just really niceSongbard is just really niceSongbard is just really nice

Porzingas being shopped?
Songbard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2017, 11:19 AM   #31
Songbard

Songbard is just really niceSongbard is just really niceSongbard is just really niceSongbard is just really niceSongbard is just really niceSongbard is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Songbard View Post
Porzingas being shopped?
Any word whether or not the Mavs are enquiring about him?
Songbard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2017, 12:02 PM   #32
mac222b
Diamond Member

Quote:
We can't afford him. Celtic can give #3, smart and another 1st next year
And even throw in Crowder. Cubes compared to Ainge is playing minor league ball. We practically gave them Crowder for a defective headcase rental

Last edited by mac222b; 06-20-2017 at 12:07 PM.
Old 06-20-2017, 01:25 PM   #33
sefant77
Guru

sefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Dont have the assets.
Old 06-20-2017, 01:32 PM   #34
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sefant77 View Post
Dont have the assets.
Knicks are awful. Sounds like KP wants to leave badly but Knicks keep asking for multiple first rounders. Not even sure #9, a 2019, and 2021 could get it done.
EricaLubarsky is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2017, 01:39 PM   #35
Bryan_Wilson
Diamond Member

https://twitter.com/Gambo987/status/877222109637824512
Old 06-20-2017, 01:57 PM   #36
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryan_Wilson View Post
Is that a legit source? If so, it means that Kirstaps is available which would be huge news if true.

DevinHarriswillstart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2017, 02:14 PM   #37
Bryan_Wilson
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevinHarriswillstart View Post
Is that a legit source? If so, it means that Kirstaps is available which would be huge news if true.
I got that from the Knicks forum. No idea if he is legit or not, seems like he's a radio host. I think it means he's not untouchable but it would take a King's ransom to get him.
Old 06-20-2017, 02:42 PM   #38
sefant77
Guru

Quote:
I agree completely. He drove the price down on purpose so he wouldn't end up with Minny or somewhere else cold. My guess is he's trying to make it to LA. I hope he's forced to play out the year on Indy because Indy can't get a decent offer. (Probably won't happen but I can dream).
George is an ass. He is sabotages his trade value and makes sure no other team trades for him. He wants that the Pacers trade him allready this season for 2nd round garbage to the Lakers.
Old 06-20-2017, 02:44 PM   #39
sefant77
Guru

Celtics should use #3 + filler for Butler and trade the 18 Nets + filler for Porz

Thomas
Butler
Crowder
Porz
Horford
Old 06-20-2017, 03:05 PM   #40
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sefant77 View Post
Celtics should use #3 + filler for Butler and trade the 18 Nets + filler for Porz

Thomas
Butler
Crowder
Porz
Horford
Thats the rumor

Rumor also is that Butler is requesting a trade to Cleveland.
EricaLubarsky is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
sticky situation