Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Around the NBA

Old 03-02-2006, 07:24 PM   #1
jayC
Diamond Member

jayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nice
Default The rated R AK47

aazz Notes: Wife gives Kirilenko woman 'allowance'
By Phil Miller
The Salt Lake Tribune

Andrei Kirilenko
Andrei Kirilenko has been granted restricted free agency - by his wife.
Masha Lopatova, a former Russian pop star who has been married to the Jazz forward for nearly six years, understands the temptation NBA players are faced with as they travel around the country for seven months a year. And she believes that forbidding something only makes it more tempting. That's why, she revealed in a story in the current issue of ESPN The Magazine, she allows Kirilenko an "allowance" of one night per year with another woman.
"What's forbidden is always desirable. And athletes, particularly men, are susceptible to all the things they are offered," Lopatova said before the Jazz's loss to Charlotte on Wednesday. "It's the same way raising children - If I tell my child, 'No pizza, no pizza, no pizza,' what does he want more than anything? Pizza.
"So this is the arrangement that Andrei and I have," she said, adding, in the spirit of openness, that she does not have a reciprocal agreement with her husband. "If I know about it, it's not cheating."
Kirilenko, according to the magazine story written by Salt Lake City freelance writer Chad Nielsen, has no plans to exercise his "allowance."
"Of course it was a surprise," Kirilenko said. "I'm not planning to do anything. But she said, 'If you want to do it, you can do it.' "
Lopatova said she doesn't worry about revealing something so personal, even in conservative Salt Lake City. "Me and Andrei, we're very open people. I barely have secrets. It's not like I'm one person in Salt Lake City and a different person in Moscow. My whole life is on the surface," said Lopatova, a celebrity in Russia who has a 4-year-old son, Fedor, with the Jazz veteran. "I find that people in this country are really interested in athletes and their [families], for some reason. They don't want to know what kind of books I read, but they prefer to know what kind of underwear I wear."
Now that the not-so-secret is out, Lopatova joked in the ESPN story, "Girls will be lining up outside his hotel door."

Kirilenko expects to be back in three days

Kirilenko's back is "getting stronger, but still a little bit sore," he said Wednesday, and the injury forced him to miss his 11th game of the season.
"It's less pain than it was before [when he suffered the same injury in December], but it's weak. So all moves, like up and down, slash or run, make me weak," Kirilenko said as he arrived at the Delta Center for treatment. "In December, it was much worse. Right now I feel much stronger, but it keeps me out of any moves."
His expectation for being able to play again? "Three days, probably," Kirilenko said. The Jazz went 0-3 in December when Kirilenko's back pain first flared up, and they are now 2-9 this season without him in the lineup.
The injury wasn't the result of anything that happened on the floor during Monday's 117-108 victory over Golden State, Kirilenko said. He could feel the soreness coming on that morning, but tried to play anyway.
"I felt the weakness, so I wore [support] belt, worked with massage therapist," said Kirilenko, who played only eight minutes and took himself out of the game at halftime. "I tried to run, then I force myself to run. At end of quarter, I felt like I just couldn't move."

In the same boat as Williams

After using a high draft pick on an experienced college point guard, the coach has had to interrupt the rookie's training in order to play him at the shooting-guard position.
Hey, Jerry Sloan's not the only one.
Raymond Felton has been playing an unfamiliar position alongside veteran Brevin Knight in the Charlotte backcourt, much like Deron Williams has done for the Jazz, and Bobcats coach Bernie Bickerstaff believes the rookie will be the better for it.
"When he goes back to [the point], he has that experience in the offense to draw on," Bickerstaff explained. "The tough part is making the mental transition, but he is learning to handle that."
Mostly, Bickerstaff said, teams with young point guards - and their fans - "have to understand the importance of patience. There's going to be some ups and downs. . . . The feel for the game, all the rest, that will come in time. But I don't think you can rush that."
jayC is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-02-2006, 07:39 PM   #2
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Thespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond repute

Wow, I wonder if Jackie Christie has the same arrangement with Doug maybe?
Thespiralgoeson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2006, 07:44 PM   #3
sixeightmkw
Golden Member

sixeightmkw is a glorious beacon of lightsixeightmkw is a glorious beacon of lightsixeightmkw is a glorious beacon of lightsixeightmkw is a glorious beacon of lightsixeightmkw is a glorious beacon of lightsixeightmkw is a glorious beacon of lightsixeightmkw is a glorious beacon of light

where can I find a wife like that?
Old 03-02-2006, 08:15 PM   #4
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point

This is disgusting.
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2006, 08:22 PM   #5
Arne
Golden Member

Arne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud of

Haha, I'm laughing my ass off right now... What a stupid thing to do... So she treats Kirilenko like her child...

"Truth is treason in the empire of lies." - Ron Paul The Revolution - A Manifesto
Arne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2006, 09:09 PM   #6
bernardos70
Diamond Member

bernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thespiralgoeson
Wow, I wonder if Jackie Christie has the same arrangement with Doug maybe?
The answer is yes, but the arrangement has an additional clause: she'll slice his penis off after he's done it with the other woman. And by "done it," I mean looked at her for over 3 consecutive seconds on 10 seconds total ever.
Old 03-03-2006, 03:01 AM   #7
Nash13
Diamond Member

Nash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drbio
This is disgusting.

I agree. As entertaining as this sounds, i was upset watching PTI and Around the Horn to see them actually like the idea of this. I'm not married, but isn't fidelity and trust the whole point of marriage?
The wind rises electric. She's soft and warm and almost weightless. Her perfume is sweet promise that brings tears to my eyes. I tell her that everything will be all right; that I'll save her from whatever she's scared and take her far far away. I tell her that I love her. The silencer makes a whisper of the gunshot. I hold her close until she's gone. I'll never know what she was running from. I'll cash her check in the morning.

~The Salesman
Nash13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2006, 03:05 AM   #8
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

I still want him to play in Dallas
EricaLubarsky is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2006, 11:34 PM   #9
jayC
Diamond Member

jayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nice

His wife is gorgeous. Who would want to cheat on her?
jayC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2006, 11:48 PM   #10
mary
Troll Hunter

mary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond repute

I don't really care one way or the other......but does that really need to be shared with the rest of the world?

"I don't know what went wrong," said guard Thabo Sefolosha. "It's hard to talk about it."
mary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2006, 11:50 PM   #11
mary
Troll Hunter

mary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayC

Maybe this was a rhetorical question, but I don't think there's any correlation between having an attractive partner and infidelity.

"I don't know what went wrong," said guard Thabo Sefolosha. "It's hard to talk about it."
mary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2006, 09:57 AM   #12
MavKikiNYC
Diamond Member

MavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayC

Different strokes.....
MavKikiNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2006, 12:57 PM   #13
Dirkenstien
Diamond Member

Dirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant future

This is sad. To be in a marriage and not know the joy of being committed to and loved by one person is pointless.

Additionally, what happens after the "one night" is used up? Does she truly expect that temptation to simply subside because he is all out of tickets? It is never what it appears to be. You think you have it all figured out but in reality, when you give in to sin it will always take you further than you wanted to go, and keep you longer than you wanted to stay.

''Nowitzki'' is a German word that, translated, means, ''Good Lord, doesn't this guy ever miss?''

-Miami paper on Dirk Nowitzki
Dirkenstien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2006, 06:51 PM   #14
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

Big Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond repute

to AK's credit, he said:

"Of course it was a surprise," Kirilenko said. "I'm not planning to do anything. But she said, 'If you want to do it, you can do it.' "

sounds to me like he didn't even ask for it, she just presented it to him.