Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Around the NBA

Old 12-19-2007, 09:45 PM   #121
alby
Guru

alby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond repute

what a ballgame.

With 34 seconds left, Pistons were up 6 points and Boston ties it with 18.9 seconds left after three pointers from Eddie House and Ray Allen.

Detroit then isolates Mr. Big Shot only to be rejected at the rim.
With over 5 seconds left, Pierce leaves a baseline jumper short.
With 1.7 seconds left, Detroit then calls Chauncey's number again and he just showed Tony Allen how to play down the stretch.

Detroit - 87
Boston - 85

20-3

Contact Me
Twitter: www.twitter.com/alnguyen84
Facebook: www.facebook.com/alnguyen84
alby is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-22-2007, 12:10 AM   #122
alby
Guru

alby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond repute

21-3

blowout victory against chicago tonight

Contact Me
Old 12-23-2007, 01:42 AM   #123
ty
Diamond Member

ty has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond repute

...can't wait til the 31st.

"I still go through it in my head," Nowitzki said. "One of my last nights in Germany [last month], I was trying to go to sleep, but I couldn't. I was thinking about the free throw I missed [late in Game 3], about different situations that happened in that series. I'll never forget it. It's going to stay in my mind until we win it all."
ty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2007, 09:07 PM   #124
alby
Guru

I found myself cheering for Dwight and the Magic tonight. They were down 20+ in the third, but fought back to bring the game back to single digits midway through the fourth, but Boston was just too good. The colorman for the Celtics may be the biggest homer in Boston not named Bob Ryan.

Boston beats the team that beat them earlier in the year

Magic - 91
Celtics - 103

22-3

Contact Me
Old 12-24-2007, 11:00 AM   #125
minkbarn

minkbarn is a name known to allminkbarn is a name known to allminkbarn is a name known to allminkbarn is a name known to allminkbarn is a name known to allminkbarn is a name known to allminkbarn is a name known to allminkbarn is a name known to allminkbarn is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by alby
I found myself cheering for Dwight and the Magic tonight. They were down 20+ in the third, but fought back to bring the game back to single digits midway through the fourth, but Boston was just too good. The colorman for the Celtics may be the biggest homer in Boston not named Bob Ryan.

Boston beats the team that beat them earlier in the year

Magic - 91
Celtics - 103

22-3
Bob Ryan? That guy's been ripping the Celtics for years. He's complained about and criticized everything Ainge has done. He wrote a column about the Celtics lack of depth after the big trades and up until very recently said they had a lot of holes.

Now of course he's acting like he's been leading the parade all along. He's shameless.

As a sidenote, we Celtic fans love Tommy Heinsohn. I understand why fans of other teams don't but you must understand— when you're watching a Celtic home broadcast, it's aimed at us.

Anyway I am looking forward very much to the first Mavs game vs. Boston. It should be a great one.
minkbarn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2007, 02:58 AM   #126
alby
Guru

Celtics 89
Kings 69

23-3

Contact Me
Old 12-28-2007, 02:55 AM   #127
alby
Guru

Pierce scores 37 in Ray Allen's return to Seattle

24-3

Contact Me
Old 12-29-2007, 11:29 PM   #128
alby
Guru

so they go on a west coast road trip and they continue to win

pierce with 24 and ray allen with 23 in Utah for a 104-98 win.

25-3

Contact Me
Old 12-30-2007, 12:40 AM   #129
And1

And1 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
so they go on a west coast road trip and they continue to win

pierce with 24 and ray allen with 23 in Utah for a 104-98 win.

25-3

so you think the lakers will take them?

hmm, that's going to be a good game tomorrow.
Old 12-30-2007, 11:18 AM   #130
minkbarn

minkbarn is a name known to allminkbarn is a name known to allminkbarn is a name known to allminkbarn is a name known to allminkbarn is a name known to allminkbarn is a name known to allminkbarn is a name known to allminkbarn is a name known to allminkbarn is a name known to all

The Laker game tonight will be very tough. The Lakers are playing their best, and the Celtics are on the second night of a back to back and the 4th game in 5 nights on the road.

In Boston the Celtics toyed with the Lakers, but Bynum got in early foul trouble and was no factor. Perkins had probably his best game of the season.

Then again, the Celtics have showed great heart all year. Last night's game in Utah was the type they should have lost. Boston was tired and didn't play their usual suffocating defense. Utah was fired up after getting blown out in LA and was shooting an amazing percentage. The Jazz are a strong home team. Still, Boston came back and won.

Tonight's game should be fierce.
Old 12-31-2007, 02:16 PM   #131
ty
Diamond Member

ty has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond repute

Short shorts lose.

"I still go through it in my head," Nowitzki said. "One of my last nights in Germany [last month], I was trying to go to sleep, but I couldn't. I was thinking about the free throw I missed [late in Game 3], about different situations that happened in that series. I'll never forget it. It's going to stay in my mind until we win it all."
Old 12-31-2007, 03:11 PM   #132
alby
Guru

what a letdown, Celtics are just way out of the Lakers' league. 29 point win in LA.

26-3

Contact Me
Old 12-31-2007, 03:12 PM   #133
ty
Diamond Member

Quote:
what a letdown, Celtics are just way out of the Lakers' league. 29 point win in LA.

26-3
6/8 Western Conference powerhouses to go.

Old 12-31-2007, 03:15 PM   #134
alby
Guru

everyone was saying how they need to go on a westcoast road trip

well, they played 4 games in 5 days and left with a 4-0 record.

Contact Me
Old 12-31-2007, 03:23 PM   #135
ty
Diamond Member

The Truth has the flu.

Old 12-31-2007, 04:07 PM   #136
alby
Guru

because he was sick owning up Kobe?

Contact Me
Old 01-02-2008, 10:14 PM   #137
alby
Guru

KG is the MVP, with Dwight Howard as a close second.

Boston 27-3

on pace to lose 10 games.

Contact Me
Old 01-04-2008, 05:02 AM   #138
alby
Guru

Did you guys know Chicago was 41-3 during their 72 win season

Contact Me
Old 01-04-2008, 09:01 AM   #139
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Thespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
KG is the MVP, with Dwight Howard as a close second.
He's definitely got my vote.
Thespiralgoeson is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2008, 07:05 AM   #140
alby
Guru

Ray Allen shoots 0-9 but the other Allen (Tony) picks up the slack.

28-3

on pace for 74 wins

Contact Me

Last edited by alby; 01-05-2008 at 07:05 AM.
Old 01-05-2008, 10:10 PM   #141
alby
Guru

Big Baby was the clear cut best player on the floor tonight.

Boston Celtics: 29-3

Contact Me
Old 01-09-2008, 02:36 AM   #142
rabbitproof
Diamond Member

rabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond repute

omg. my boston friend is predicting boston by 5 on jan 31 and dirk gets blanketed to 14 vs kg.

can we please beat these media sweethearts.

watch your thoughts, they become your words
rabbitproof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2008, 03:33 AM   #143
Dirkgreatness
Platinum Member

Dirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to behold

Dang, can't wait till we play them.
Old 01-09-2008, 10:06 PM   #144
Tokey41
Platinum Member

Tokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to behold

What is it with the Celtics and the Bobcats? I mean granted they didn't have Ray Allen, but then again... it's the Bobcats. Double digit loss.
Tokey41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2008, 10:10 PM   #145
alby
Guru

Jrich baby

Boston: 29-4

Contact Me
Old 01-09-2008, 10:33 PM   #146
DOMINATOR

DOMINATOR is a glorious beacon of lightDOMINATOR is a glorious beacon of lightDOMINATOR is a glorious beacon of lightDOMINATOR is a glorious beacon of lightDOMINATOR is a glorious beacon of lightDOMINATOR is a glorious beacon of lightDOMINATOR is a glorious beacon of light

yeah and last time ray allen had to hit a lucky 3 to beat the bobcats.
Old 01-09-2008, 10:35 PM   #147
alby
Guru

Boston v. Charlotte, 1 v. 8 matchup? =p

Contact Me
Old 01-09-2008, 11:10 PM   #148
DOMINATOR

DOMINATOR is a glorious beacon of lightDOMINATOR is a glorious beacon of lightDOMINATOR is a glorious beacon of lightDOMINATOR is a glorious beacon of lightDOMINATOR is a glorious beacon of lightDOMINATOR is a glorious beacon of lightDOMINATOR is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Boston v. Charlotte, 1 v. 8 matchup? =p
i dont think boston will choke like the Mavs.
Old 01-09-2008, 11:18 PM   #149
Tokey41
Platinum Member

Tokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to behold

And I dont think the Bobcats will make the playoffs... guess they have something in common with the Rockets.
Tokey41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2008, 11:18 PM   #150
alby
Guru

you're the one that said they got lucky, not me. calm down and keep playing the knicks to make you feel better.

Contact Me
Old 01-09-2008, 11:28 PM   #151
fluid.forty.one

fluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond repute

haha 12 point loss to the bobcats
fluid.forty.one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2008, 10:10 PM   #152
fluid.forty.one

fluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond repute

boston loses again
Old 01-12-2008, 10:47 PM   #153
horse900703
Diamond Member

horse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud of

hey they lost against the Wizards~~haha
horse900703 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2008, 12:18 AM   #154
AxdemxO
Diamond Member

AxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to behold

Wizards are playing good BB, if i was them id hope tht Arenas doesnt come bak this year, Cuz i think Jamison and Butler can lead tht team further..at least to the second round in the east

"It feels disrespectful when you watch these shows, TNT, ESPN, and they're talking, 'Walk through the Mavericks, that's who you want to play," Terry said. "OK. We'll see if that's who you want to play."

........GO MAVS
AxdemxO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2008, 04:18 AM   #155
alby
Guru

Caron is one of the most underrated players in the NBA

Contact Me
Old 01-15-2008, 01:31 AM   #156
fluid.forty.one

and boston loses AGAIN
Old 02-05-2008, 10:45 PM   #157
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Boston just lost a squeaker against Cleveland as LeBron scored 33 and was 1 rebound shy of a triple double...

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2008, 03:37 PM   #158
minkbarn

The Celtics are fine. Garnett will take the time he needs to come back form the abdominal pull. Pierce played with the flu last night. Both Allens are getting healthier and better. And Rondo keeps improving.

When everyone's back, they'll run off a bunch of wins again.
Old 02-08-2008, 11:19 PM   #159
minkbarn

Perkins is out with a shoulder injury. He got hurt during the Minnesota game tonight. He has a history of shoulder trouble. No word on how long he'll be out.

The Celtics have lost Garnett, Pollard, and Perkins. They have no one over 6'8" now.

They managed to squeak by Minnesota on a game winner at the buzzer by Leon Powe.

Boston is now 15-0 against the west, but play the Spurs next. With only Big Baby and Powe left for big men, the streak against the west could easily end Sunday.

They'll need Rondo to take advantage of Parker being out.

Last edited by minkbarn; 02-08-2008 at 11:20 PM.