Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 04-29-2006, 07:54 PM   #481
WraithXx
Diamond Member

WraithXx has a brilliant futureWraithXx has a brilliant futureWraithXx has a brilliant futureWraithXx has a brilliant futureWraithXx has a brilliant futureWraithXx has a brilliant futureWraithXx has a brilliant futureWraithXx has a brilliant futureWraithXx has a brilliant futureWraithXx has a brilliant futureWraithXx has a brilliant future

yeah what's up with Law and order and no post-game? damn man c'mon
Old 04-29-2006, 07:55 PM   #482
mary
Troll Hunter

mary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond repute

Dirk = big ones

"I don't know what went wrong," said guard Thabo Sefolosha. "It's hard to talk about it."
mary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2006, 07:56 PM   #483
candid_snoop41
Golden Member

candid_snoop41 is a jewel in the roughcandid_snoop41 is a jewel in the roughcandid_snoop41 is a jewel in the roughcandid_snoop41 is a jewel in the rough

dirk is CLUTCH...the third game was even more impressive than the first two meetings. he hit the descicive 3ball at the end of regulation and scored another 5 in ot...ladies and gentleman here is the true MVP!!! I'm so glad dirk is a mav....

great support by damp and jt...gotta love this team
Old 04-29-2006, 07:56 PM   #484
The Crippler
Diamond Member

The Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant future

media conspiracy against our mavs. That's fine, let 'em hate. We have Dirk, Jet, Damp, Professor Griff, and others.
"I say 'Hey Lama, how about a little something ya know', for the effort?' And he says 'oh, there won't be any money, but when you die, on your deathbed you will receive total consciousness.' So I got that going for me...which is nice."
The Crippler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2006, 07:57 PM   #485
ilMavvento

ilMavvento is a jewel in the roughilMavvento is a jewel in the roughilMavvento is a jewel in the roughilMavvento is a jewel in the rough

Adrian Griffin was a monster out on the court today. I think he could have easily taken a few more of Stack's minutes.
ilMavvento is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2006, 07:59 PM   #486
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by endrity
Yeah I definetely wanted to see what Barkley was gonna say:
"If you are 7feet tall and can shoot the lights out from the perimeter and the team is down by 3 you do...... well you get your ass on the low block just like I used to, and that is how a team wins in the playoffs"
He'larious.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2006, 08:00 PM   #487
G-Man
Platinum Member

G-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond repute

I'm glad we won, but I feel sorry for the Grizz, if they go 3 years with no playoff wins. Plus, I have a ticket for game 5.
Old 04-29-2006, 08:01 PM   #488
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-Man
I'm glad we won, but I feel sorry for the Grizz, if they go 3 years with no playoff wins. Plus, I have a ticket for game 5.
Sorry...no let-up...Need to give 'em another one and take it home.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
Old 04-29-2006, 08:06 PM   #489
MavKikiNYC
Diamond Member

MavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drbio
I would hope that the league would review that flagrant call against Dirk and revoke it. They have done it both ways this season and certainly it would be reasonable in this case to overturn it.

Quote:

Agreed. That was a great foul!! One that separates us from all the years so far.
That kind of call is sickening. Leave it to Joey Crawford, whose head looks like an ass wart.

Really wish the league would get all the zebras on the same page about that kind of call, and if they miss a call that badly, they're out of the playoffs--be it Bavetta or Violet Palmer.
MavKikiNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2006, 08:08 PM   #490
The Crippler
Diamond Member

The Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant future

i would love to pistol whip joey crawford...and that wuss derek stafford. scrawny little peons...
"I say 'Hey Lama, how about a little something ya know', for the effort?' And he says 'oh, there won't be any money, but when you die, on your deathbed you will receive total consciousness.' So I got that going for me...which is nice."
The Crippler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2006, 08:10 PM   #491
dude1394
Guru

Nice to see the softest player in the leageu (Bobby Jackson) show his worth. 1-3, 2TO's..
Old 04-29-2006, 08:10 PM   #492
G-Man
Platinum Member

G-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dude1394
Sorry...no let-up...Need to give 'em another one and take it home.
I know you're right. But it would be fun to be there when they clinch the series. I have tickets for every other game, so I only get game 2 against SA.

We will be glad we had this grind it out challenge when we challenge the champs.
Old 04-29-2006, 08:12 PM   #493
dude1394
Guru

Quote:
I know you're right. But it would be fun to be there when they clinch the series. I have tickets for every other game, so I only get game 2 against SA.

We will be glad we had this grind it out challenge when we challenge the champs.
So G-MAN are you from memphis? I know it's tough there. Small market and getting this kind of bad notoriety.
Old 04-29-2006, 08:14 PM   #494
rakesh.s
Golden Member

rakesh.s is a glorious beacon of lightrakesh.s is a glorious beacon of lightrakesh.s is a glorious beacon of lightrakesh.s is a glorious beacon of lightrakesh.s is a glorious beacon of lightrakesh.s is a glorious beacon of lightrakesh.s is a glorious beacon of light

Guys

NBA.COM has LIVE POSTGAME...for free. Check the mainpage.

That flagrant was a joke..I hope it is rescinded. Dirk intentionally trying to hurt someone - that'd be a first.
rakesh.s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2006, 08:16 PM   #495
dude1394
Guru

Avery Johson.

"When the MVP comes out and hits the game tying shot". AJ is really a funny guy... He usually talks up most of the other players but tonight he just flatly said how the MVP did this, did that.

Nice avery.
Old 04-29-2006, 08:17 PM   #496
G-Man
Platinum Member

Memphis is at worst the 6th best team in the NBA. So many teams would have collapsed if they ended a half the way the MAVS did. Total guts all night.

Pretty cool to have Dirk shine like this while waiting for the official announcement that the trophy is heading to the collapsing team in the desert.
Old 04-29-2006, 08:20 PM   #497
jleefilled
Platinum Member

jleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by rakesh.s
Guys

NBA.COM has LIVE POSTGAME...for free. Check the mainpage.

That flagrant was a joke..I hope it is rescinded. Dirk intentionally trying to hurt someone - that'd be a first.
where on the mainpage do you access the live postgame?
jleefilled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2006, 08:21 PM   #498
raefformvp
Golden Member

raefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant future

My blood pressure has got to be sky high. And my tmj is really acting up due to excessive teeth grinding. But in the end, it's so worth it. If I have a heart attack tonight, at least I die happy. That 3 by Dirk to send it to overtime proved to me that destiny could be on the Mavs side this year. G-Man, I too have tickets to game 5, but I'll gladly stay home that night in favor of a sweep. Terry and Dirk were just greatness tonight! The difference between Dirk in this series and last year's round 1 is astounding, and I'm loving every second of it!

my boy cheering on the Mavs with his Mavs maraca and wearing his Jason Terry headband.
raefformvp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2006, 08:22 PM   #499
G-Man
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dude1394
So G-MAN are you from memphis? I know it's tough there. Small market and getting this kind of bad notoriety.
No way. I been going to Mavs games since '82, including every bad year since '93. I just remember how hard it is when you root for a bad team, and how great we felt when the Mavs got back to the playoffs and beat Utah 1st time out. Just imagine of the Mavs went 3 years without a win. Our 3rd year in the playoffs, I think we were in the WCF. So, now that we're up by 3, I wouldn't mind giving the Grizz one, especially if it means I could see them clinch a game 5 at AAC.
Old 04-29-2006, 08:25 PM   #500
rakesh.s
Golden Member

rakesh.s is a glorious beacon of lightrakesh.s is a glorious beacon of lightrakesh.s is a glorious beacon of lightrakesh.s is a glorious beacon of lightrakesh.s is a glorious beacon of lightrakesh.s is a glorious beacon of lightrakesh.s is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by jleefilled
where on the mainpage do you access the live postgame?
Look under "nba broadband" ..it'll say "live dal-mem press conference"

Dirk just finished.

Don't worry if you miss it, they'll archive it.
Old 04-29-2006, 08:27 PM   #501
jleefilled
Platinum Member

jleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant future

Yeah, I saw that, but for some reason nothing happens when I click on the link.
Old 04-29-2006, 08:27 PM   #502
jleefilled
Platinum Member

I guess I'll just check it out later when they archive it.
Old 04-29-2006, 08:29 PM   #503
dude1394
Guru

Quote:
No way. I been going to Mavs games since '82, including every bad year since '93. I just remember how hard it is when you root for a bad team, and how great we felt when the Mavs got back to the playoffs and beat Utah 1st time out. Just imagine of the Mavs went 3 years without a win. Our 3rd year in the playoffs, I think we were in the WCF. So, now that we're up by 3, I wouldn't mind giving the Grizz one, especially if it means I could see them clinch a game 5 at AAC.
Doh...for some reason I didn't compute about you have game 5 tickets.
Old 04-29-2006, 08:29 PM   #504
rakesh.s
Golden Member

you have a pop up blocker? use IE, if firefox doesn't work.

It opens up a separate window that uses windows media
Old 04-29-2006, 08:30 PM   #505
dude1394
Guru

Quote:
Look under "nba broadband" ..it'll say "live dal-mem press conference"

Dirk just finished.

Don't worry if you miss it, they'll archive it.
Gasol right now is doing the yeoman's work of stepping out there and representing the team. Always a tough job.
Old 04-29-2006, 08:30 PM   #506
jleefilled
Platinum Member

Quote:
you have a pop up blocker? use IE, if firefox doesn't work.

It opens up a separate window that uses windows media
ah I see... I'm an idiot!
Old 04-29-2006, 08:39 PM   #507
Stranger
Golden Member

Stranger is a name known to allStranger is a name known to allStranger is a name known to allStranger is a name known to allStranger is a name known to allStranger is a name known to allStranger is a name known to allStranger is a name known to allStranger is a name known to allStranger is a name known to allStranger is a name known to all

Milwaukee is up pretty big on Detroit right now. We could be the sole team to sweep in the first round... which is all the more impressive considering we have maybe the toughest draw of any team with home-court advantage. I would love to have our guys watching tape of San Antonio while they are dealing with Ron Artest.
Stranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2006, 12:30 AM   #508
dude1394
Guru

So the mavs are what? 6 in a row against the grizzlies.

My wife doesn't go to many games, but she went to the one where gasol went off and beat the crap out of the mavs.

I'm hoping for a sweep.
Old 04-30-2006, 01:12 AM   #509
nashtymavsfan13
Diamond Member

nashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant future

That three by Dirk was just beautiful, I went crazy!!!

And then to hit another one in OT to cap a wonderful performance was awesome. He had a great 36-9-5-1 line tonight, he had a great MVP worthy effort.

"He's as valuable as anyone. The most unusual thing is that they lose last year's MVP and still get better. It's unheard of."

"For a team as good as the Mavs, the regular season is just 82 practice games until the real season begins." -G-Man

"We wanted this for Dirk because of his heart, his class, his work ethic, his humility, his sense of humor, his respect for the game, and his respect for people."
nashtymavsfan13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2006, 01:14 AM   #510
nashtymavsfan13
Diamond Member

nashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant future

I totally agree, that flagrant foul call was bs. Dirk went for the block and fortunatley hit Gashole right in the face :P

But really, it was unintentional and definetly was just a good hard foul. I seem to remember in game two Gasol grabbing Damp's arm and slinging him to the floor. If that wasn't a flagrant, this certainly wasn't.

"He's as valuable as anyone. The most unusual thing is that they lose last year's MVP and still get better. It's unheard of."

"For a team as good as the Mavs, the regular season is just 82 practice games until the real season begins." -G-Man

"We wanted this for Dirk because of his heart, his class, his work ethic, his humility, his sense of humor, his respect for the game, and his respect for people."
nashtymavsfan13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2006, 02:22 AM   #511
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

I'm sure its been pointed out, but After horrible shooting for much of the game....Dirk finished 12-25.

M

V

P

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2006, 09:49 AM   #512
dude1394
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by sike
I'm sure its been pointed out, but After horrible shooting for much of the game....Dirk finished 12-25.

M

V

P

There is one thing that dirk has learned in the last few without nash/finley. He can NOT stop shooting the ball when missing a few, he just can NOT. It's been another big stepping up for him.
Old 04-30-2006, 12:59 PM   #513
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

You know what? I don't think the flagrant call was BS. I think it was VERY flagrant. Very flagrant. Did you see the endline view of Gasol after he got mauled by Nowitzki? Did you see how contorted his face was, and how punished his body was? Nowitzki HAMMERED him. That was freakin' flagrant.

And I couldn't be happier. That was EXACTLY the kind of foul that AJ has been asking for. And, that Dirk has been quite hesitant to deliver up to this point in his career.

Not any more, evidently. This is the next evolution in Dirk's game. It's more important than developing low-post skills. This is Dirk saying that he will assert his force and ability and sheer will, to beat you in EVERY way. This is Dirk saying that you better think twice before taking it inside against him, 'cause you might get whacked upside the head.

Hell yes, it was flagrant. And it was beautiful. That was leadership out there.
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2006, 01:03 PM   #514
Five-ofan
Guru

Five-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond repute

Greatness chum though no it wasnt a flagrant. It was extremely hard but it wasnt flagrant.
Five-ofan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2006, 12:04 AM   #515
dude1394
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Five-ofan
Greatness chum though no it wasnt a flagrant. It was extremely hard but it wasnt flagrant.
Must I say it...SCOREBOARD!..

Quote:
Nowitzki's flagrant foul is downgraded by league

Dirk Nowitzki's flagrant foul against Grizzlies forward Pau Gasol in Game 3 was reduced to a personal foul by the NBA office after film of the play was reviewed.

Nowitzki will not be fined and will not be assessed any points. Players are suspended if they accrue more than four flagrant-foul penalties in the playoffs.

Eddie Sefko
Old 05-02-2006, 12:15 AM   #516
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

Dirk clearly made a play on the ball...I think the downgrade was predictable.

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
Old 05-02-2006, 12:46 AM   #517
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

In game 3, we did what Reggie Evans did to Chris Kaman to the Grizz. Except this time something came off in our hands.

In Game 4, we did what Chris Kaman did to Evans in response-- knocked them on their collective butts.

Last edited by EricaLubarsky; 05-02-2006 at 12:47 AM.
EricaLubarsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2006, 12:50 AM   #518
sike
The Preacha

^^^ word.