Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > The Lounge

View Poll Results: Which team consisting fully of players who only play 1 position would win?
1 - Point Guard 0 0%
2 - Shooting Guard 1 33.33%
3 - Small Forward 1 33.33%
4 - Power Forward 1 33.33%
5 - Center 0 0%
Voters: 3. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-09-2021, 06:39 PM   #1
NeedlesKane
Platinum Member

NeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant future
Default Hypothetically, who would be the toughest squad?

Feel free to elaborate for why you chose to vote the way you did. There's no right or wrong answer. Just curious what the majority thinks and why.

Clearly, a team of versatile players who can play multiple positions, like in today's NBA, would be ideal. We're not dealing with versatile players in this poll though.
Old 04-09-2021, 06:46 PM   #2
NeedlesKane
Platinum Member

NeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant future

My reasoning for voting for Small Forward:

Pretty good ball handling skills, good at scoring, usually have good enough speed to not have huge problems with point guards and shooting guards and usually faster than power forwards and centers, and they can still rebound the ball. I'm a big fan of players like Scottie Pippen, Shawn Marion, and Jamal Mashburn. Also I know he's not an all-time great, but I like our guy Dorian Finney-Smith too.
Old 04-09-2021, 07:25 PM   #3
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

I’d say shooting guard, but it totally depends. SF might be good too.

A full team of SFs like Marion? They’d be terrible. Four marions and a LeBron/Doncic? That team would be dominant.

Also you could make the argument that Jokic is a PG. Or Luka is. Is Luka a SF because of his size or a PG because of his game? What about Jokic?

Last edited by EricaLubarsky; 04-09-2021 at 07:32 PM.
EricaLubarsky is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2021, 08:50 PM   #4
NeedlesKane
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricaLubarsky View Post
I’d say shooting guard, but it totally depends. SF might be good too.

A full team of SFs like Marion? They’d be terrible. Four marions and a LeBron/Doncic? That team would be dominant.

Also you could make the argument that Jokic is a PG. Or Luka is. Is Luka a SF because of his size or a PG because of his game? What about Jokic?
I don't think of Marion and Pippen as anything but small forwards. I think of players like the ones you're mentioning as too versatile and can play at least a few positions. Reason I made my statement about versatile players not qualifying.

Edit: I do want to let you know that I do love those players, but I think it's too difficult to select a roll for them. We could just classify them by height I guess... but not my original intentions.

Last edited by NeedlesKane; 04-09-2021 at 09:04 PM.
NeedlesKane is offline   Reply With Quote