Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Around the NBA

Old 06-06-2021, 01:38 PM   #401
BPo001
Diamond Member

BPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeus View Post
That combined with the fact that their front office actually added guys we could have tried to sign - Bogdonavich, Sweet Lou Williams etc. They have quickly assembled in 12 months a contender around Trae Young where as the MBT has farted away draft choices and passed on quality mid level free agents in hopes that 2021 would be a big summer of free agency.... Whoops.
Low Williams was traded to Atlanta. Hard to sign free agents when you don’t have cap room.
BPo001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-06-2021, 02:11 PM   #402
Stylistic
Golden Member

Stylistic is a glorious beacon of lightStylistic is a glorious beacon of lightStylistic is a glorious beacon of lightStylistic is a glorious beacon of lightStylistic is a glorious beacon of lightStylistic is a glorious beacon of lightStylistic is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeus View Post
That combined with the fact that their front office actually added guys we could have tried to sign - Bogdonavich, Sweet Lou Williams etc. They have quickly assembled in 12 months a contender around Trae Young where as the MBT has farted away draft choices and passed on quality mid level free agents in hopes that 2021 would be a big summer of free agency.... Whoops.
Like stated earlier, Lou was traded there. But your point stands. Their FO did a fantastic job building around Trae. This Summer is probably the biggest in the Cuban/Donnie era.
Stylistic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2021, 09:34 PM   #403
Dallas41
Diamond Member

Dallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stylistic View Post
Like stated earlier, Lou was traded there. But your point stands. Their FO did a fantastic job building around Trae. This Summer is probably the biggest in the Cuban/Donnie era.
I expect Dragic will be the big name at the end of day.
Dallas41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2021, 10:28 AM   #404
Jayinem
Banned

Jayinem will become famous soon enoughJayinem will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dallas41 View Post
I expect Dragic will be the big name at the end of day.
Last time Heat burned us on that deal, are we sure they just want to give him to us now? Not that he's great and he's old, but they did make the Finals 12 months ago and he was their leading scorer.
Jayinem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2021, 07:39 PM   #405
BPo001
Diamond Member

BPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond repute

Marc Stein: Denver’s Nikola Jokic will be formally announced as the league’s MVP on TNT tonight at 7:30 PM ET, sources say. – via Twitter TheSteinLine

Does the NBA always announce aware winners over the span of like 2-3 weeks? I feel like I’ve heard news about award winners for coach of the year, DPOY, 6th man etc. every few days.
Old 06-09-2021, 09:18 AM   #406
purplefrog
Platinum Member

purplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond repute

Watched Utah and LA Clippers last night. The Jazz play great defense. Impressive. Helps to have an athletic 7 ft. giant with an 8 ft. wingspan, but the perimeter defenders were also magnificent.
Old 06-14-2021, 09:46 AM   #407
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

I'm sure Rockets fans are glad they traded Chris Paul for Russell Westbrook. That has to be one of the top 5 worst trades in NBA history.

DevinHarriswillstart is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2021, 10:33 AM   #408
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Dtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevinHarriswillstart View Post
I'm sure Rockets fans are glad they traded Chris Paul for Russell Westbrook. That has to be one of the top 5 worst trades in NBA history.
That's not a bad trade at all. Hell at least they got a star for him....what did the Thunder get for Paul?
Dtownsfinest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2021, 11:09 AM   #409
spreedom
Diamond Member

spreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dtownsfinest View Post
That's not a bad trade at all. Hell at least they got a star for him....what did the Thunder get for Paul?
I think they got two picks/two swaps from the Rockets when they traded for him, and a Suns pick when sending him to Phoenix. They did just fine.
spreedom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2021, 12:07 AM   #410
mac222b
Diamond Member

mac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond repute

Rondo didn’t dress for Game 4 after being dropped from the rotation. I thought he was a great teammate now?
mac222b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2021, 02:00 PM   #411
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Dtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac222b View Post
Rondo didn’t dress for Game 4 after being dropped from the rotation. I thought he was a great teammate now?
I think I'd be pissed too if they were giving Beverly more burn than me.
Old 06-15-2021, 08:34 PM   #412
BPo001
Diamond Member

I know Bucks are winning, but I don’t know why Lopez or Giannis aren’t just parking themselves in the post against Brooklyn. Griffin is the only guy with a bit of size playing for the Nets.
Old 06-16-2021, 12:10 AM   #413
mac222b
Diamond Member

mac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I think I'd be pissed too if they were giving Beverly more burn than me.
You’d throw a bratty fit and abandon your teammates? They have won 2 out of 3 since he was benched after Game 1. Kennard and Bev are better shooters and Mann is a better player at this point.
Old 06-16-2021, 12:14 AM   #414
mac222b
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BPo001 View Post
I know Bucks are winning, but I don’t know why Lopez or Giannis aren’t just parking themselves in the post against Brooklyn. Griffin is the only guy with a bit of size playing for the Nets.
Bucks are chumps. Chuck called their performance “and embarrassment to the game of basketball” on TNT lol

They should’ve ditched Bud after the bubble but Giannis probably wanted him there. I’ve said this before: Giannis is bad at basketball. World class athlete. Seems like a great dude. They should run p’n’r and post Brooklyn up until they fold. They are just soft and play iso ball with no movement. Either Bud is dumb and drunk or the players don’t even listen to him because it’s happening over and over game after game…
Old 06-16-2021, 12:52 AM   #415
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Quote:
Bucks are chumps. Chuck called their performance “and embarrassment to the game of basketball” on TNT lol

They should’ve ditched Bud after the bubble but Giannis probably wanted him there. I’ve said this before: Giannis is bad at basketball. World class athlete. Seems like a great dude. They should run p’n’r and post Brooklyn up until they fold. They are just soft and play iso ball with no movement. Either Bud is dumb and drunk or the players don’t even listen to him because it’s happening over and over game after game…
I think people give Giannis too much flack. He's a big man. He's closer to Shaq than he is KD....he just looks more like KD than he does Shaq. He's getting flack today and he had 34 and 12 boards lol.....
Old 06-16-2021, 12:53 AM   #416
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Quote:
You’d throw a bratty fit and abandon your teammates? They have won 2 out of 3 since he was benched after Game 1. Kennard and Bev are better shooters and Mann is a better player at this point.
They aren't better players than Rondo.....if they were they would've never traded for him. I honestly don't understand why Cousins and Rondo don't get more playing time but maybe its beyond me.
Old 06-16-2021, 07:27 AM   #417
BPo001
Diamond Member

Quote:
I think people give Giannis too much flack. He's a big man. He's closer to Shaq than he is KD....he just looks more like KD than he does Shaq. He's getting flack today and he had 34 and 12 boards lol.....
Agreed. Giannis needs to stop playing around the perimeter and just bully his way around the hoop. He could be dominate if he would stop shooting 3’s.
Old 06-16-2021, 07:45 AM   #418
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Quote:
Agreed. Giannis needs to stop playing around the perimeter and just bully his way around the hoop. He could be dominate if he would stop shooting 3’s.
He's been told be critics to develop his jumper....its silly to me. The guy is dominant. No one ever asked Shaq to develop a 3 point shot lol.
Old 06-16-2021, 07:54 AM   #419
BPo001
Diamond Member

Tweet

Shams Charania
@ShamsCharania
·
15m
Phoenix Suns All-NBA guard Chris Paul has entered COVID-19 health and safety protocols and is sidelined for an indefinite period of time, sources tell
@TheAthletic

@Stadium
Old 06-16-2021, 10:11 AM   #420
BPo001
Diamond Member

Adrian Wojnarowski: ESPN Sources with @Andrew Lopez: After one season, Stan Van Gundy is out as the New Orleans Pelicans coach. – via Twitter wojespn

Brian Windhorst: Kawhi Leonard is expected to miss Game 5 against the Jazz tonight with a knee injury suffered in game 4, sources tell @ramonashelburne & me. His status for rest of series is in doubt as well. – via Twitter WindhorstESPN

Edit: Clips fear it’s a torn ACL for Kawhi.. yikes

Last edited by BPo001; 06-16-2021 at 12:13 PM.
Old 06-16-2021, 10:39 AM   #421
BPo001
Diamond Member

Going to be a lot of coaches in new places next season.

Adrian Wojnarowski
@wojespn
Washington and coach Scott Brooks couldn't come to an agreement on a new deal and are agreeing to part ways, sources tell ESPN. Brooks' deal expired after the playoffs.
Old 06-16-2021, 04:48 PM   #422
purplefrog
Platinum Member

purplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond repute

For once, I agree with LeBron. The condensed NBA schedule caused many more injuries than what is typical. Playoffs have become a test of team health and depth more than anything else.

https://sports.yahoo.com/le-bron-jam...rc=fp_deeplink
Old 06-16-2021, 09:42 PM   #423
BPo001
Diamond Member

Damn huge comeback win by ATL
Old 06-16-2021, 09:56 PM   #424
Jack.Kerr
Golden Member

Jack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Damn huge comeback win by ATL
Another epic meltdown by a DocRivers-coached team. Probably a coincidence, but...

The catalyst for the comeback was Trae Young, who already has one playoff series win under his belt (Luka, 0). Young obviously knows how to involve his teammates at the right time, and actually makes good players better.

Yeah, I'd say the Hawks are definitely feeling pretty good about the trade about now. Young goes dishin', Luka goes fishin'.
"Here's a guy that thinks that he can win every possession of every game. ... I think part of his maturity is again knowing how to balance all those kill shots with involving teammates at the right time....That's just part of the maturity process. I think as we move forward you'll see more of an inclusive effort overall on those fronts. I do know that their supposed rift, tiff, whatever you want to call it, is way overblown." - Donnie Nelson, ex-Mavs GM

Last edited by Jack.Kerr; 06-16-2021 at 10:01 PM.
Jack.Kerr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2021, 12:06 AM   #425
Dallas41
Diamond Member

Dallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud of

These playoffs are so depressing to watch now knowing that the Mavs had a great opportunity up 2-0 with 3 home games left to get past the Clippers.

It's frustrating watching Atlanta and Phoenix do what they are doing right now and the Mavs sitting at home.

Then KL gets injured the series right after we play them (so frustrating)

Luka puts up video game numbers and they still lose the series.

I think the Mavs really blew a great chance to advance this post season.
Dallas41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2021, 12:15 AM   #426
Jack.Kerr
Golden Member

Jack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dallas41 View Post
Luka puts up video game numbers and they still lose the series.

I think the Mavs really blew a great chance to advance this post season.
A lot of people are starting to wonder whether the Mavs lose the series BECAUSE Luka puts up video game numbers.

But Luka got his All-NBA fake-honor, and will get the super-max, which was his real goal all along.

Luka Doncic: Cornerstone or Cancer?
"Here's a guy that thinks that he can win every possession of every game. ... I think part of his maturity is again knowing how to balance all those kill shots with involving teammates at the right time....That's just part of the maturity process. I think as we move forward you'll see more of an inclusive effort overall on those fronts. I do know that their supposed rift, tiff, whatever you want to call it, is way overblown." - Donnie Nelson, ex-Mavs GM
Jack.Kerr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2021, 03:59 AM   #427
Zeus

Zeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to beholdZeus is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack.Kerr View Post
A lot of people are starting to wonder whether the Mavs lose the series BECAUSE Luka puts up video game numbers.

But Luka got his All-NBA fake-honor, and will get the super-max, which was his real goal all along.

Trae Young burner account? A lot of people.... Bull shit
Zeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2021, 07:42 AM   #428
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack.Kerr View Post

Naw I won't say cancer but I think here's something to the video game numbers...if you look at Lebron...he could easily average a triple double a game like Westbrook. But he's managed to preserve his body the best he can at his age. James Harden does it to an extent....yes they both are hurt now but to me that's more of another pressing issue.

But Luka can't keep upholding this type of production and being fresh by the 4th quarter. I Won't say Luka is a cancer because to me its not his doing.
Old 06-17-2021, 11:08 AM   #429
spreedom
Diamond Member

spreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by purplefrog View Post
For once, I agree with LeBron. The condensed NBA schedule caused many more injuries than what is typical. Playoffs have become a test of team health and depth more than anything else.

https://sports.yahoo.com/le-bron-jam...rc=fp_deeplink

I just looked it up, and only ELEVEN players appeared in all 72 regular season games for their team. That's insane.
spreedom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2021, 08:25 AM   #430
BPo001
Diamond Member

Adrian Wojnarowski: The Celtics are trading Kemba Walker, the No. 16 overall pick in the 2021 draft and a 2025 second-round draft pick to Oklahoma City for Al Horford, Moses Brown and a 2023 second-round pick, sources tell ESPN. 1 min ago – via Twitter wojespn

I don’t know anything about Moses Brown, but sure seems like Boston got fleeced?
Old 06-18-2021, 08:35 AM   #431
JustJay

JustJay is a jewel in the roughJustJay is a jewel in the roughJustJay is a jewel in the roughJustJay is a jewel in the roughJustJay is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Adrian Wojnarowski: The Celtics are trading Kemba Walker, the No. 16 overall pick in the 2021 draft and a 2025 second-round draft pick to Oklahoma City for Al Horford, Moses Brown and a 2023 second-round pick, sources tell ESPN. 1 min ago – via Twitter wojespn

I don’t know anything about Moses Brown, but sure seems like Boston got fleeced?
Kemba has a bad knee. I guess Boston thinks he's done. Both Horford and Kemba have 2 years left on their contract they save some cap space because Horford's partially guaranteed in the 2nd year.

Last edited by JustJay; 06-18-2021 at 08:43 AM.
JustJay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2021, 10:00 AM   #432
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJay View Post
Kemba has a bad knee. I guess Boston thinks he's done. Both Horford and Kemba have 2 years left on their contract they save some cap space because Horford's partially guaranteed in the 2nd year.
Yeah and if I'm guessing correctly I think they are just going to give Kemba the Hortford role....Hortford I think wants to play and they coudlnt' just sit him for no reason next year. So ship him out and bring in a guy with injury issues they can sit to tank.
Old 06-18-2021, 10:02 AM   #433
BPo001
Diamond Member

Quote:
Yeah and if I'm guessing correctly I think they are just going to give Kemba the Hortford role....Hortford I think wants to play and they coudlnt' just sit him for no reason next year. So ship him out and bring in a guy with injury issues they can sit to tank.
They have 19 1st round picks over the next 7 years. How much more tanking does he need to do?
Old 06-18-2021, 10:04 AM   #434
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Quote:
They have 19 1st round picks over the next 7 years. How much more tanking does he need to do?
I mean those picks suck for the most part. Their draft pick is the one that's going to be the highest....I'm just not sure how much a Clippers draft pick is worth....
Old 06-18-2021, 12:19 PM   #435
mac222b
Diamond Member

Quote:
I mean those picks suck for the most part. Their draft pick is the one that's going to be the highest....I'm just not sure how much a Clippers draft pick is worth....
A big part of their worth is for maneuvering though. If they love someone out of reach they can send 3 or 4 picks to move up (like we wanted to do for Halliburton) or they can trade those picks for players eventually. I think they have 16&18 in addition to their pick of Houston’s lands in the top4. They have a nice young core. They could be scary in a few years. Wish we had Presti.

Last edited by mac222b; 06-18-2021 at 12:20 PM.
Old 06-18-2021, 01:00 PM   #436
JustJay

JustJay is a jewel in the roughJustJay is a jewel in the roughJustJay is a jewel in the roughJustJay is a jewel in the roughJustJay is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
A big part of their worth is for maneuvering though. If they love someone out of reach they can send 3 or 4 picks to move up (like we wanted to do for Halliburton) or they can trade those picks for players eventually. I think they have 16&18 in addition to their pick of Houston’s lands in the top4. They have a nice young core. They could be scary in a few years. Wish we had Presti.
Maybe but draft picks don't necessarily equal greatness down to the road look at the Celtics they were hoarding picks for years and they did hit on Tatum and Brown but they left in the first round just like us and we were more competitive in our first round series than them while in the West vs. East.

Last edited by JustJay; 06-18-2021 at 01:02 PM.
Old 06-18-2021, 01:05 PM   #437
JustJay

Quote:
With RC gone Rondo to Dallas!

Joking. Don't want him.
Old 06-18-2021, 01:53 PM   #438
mac222b
Diamond Member

Quote:
With RC gone Rondo to Dallas!

Joking. Don't want him.
Rondo as Player/Coach! 😳
Old 06-18-2021, 01:55 PM   #439
JustJay

Quote:
Rondo as Player/Coach! 😳
Luka demands trade!
Old 06-18-2021, 02:01 PM   #440
mac222b
Diamond Member

Quote:
Maybe but draft picks don't necessarily equal greatness down to the road look at the Celtics they were hoarding picks for years and they did hit on Tatum and Brown but they left in the first round just like us and we were more competitive in our first round series than them while in the West vs. East.
Oh I agree. But Presti has been pretty good at drafting. They have a great young core already SGA, Dort, Poku, maybe Bazley and some others I’m forgetting. Maledon. They are getting a top 5 pick in a top heavy 5 player draft and if they like someone that slips with their capital they can probably get back into the top 10 again if they want. They could draft in the top 5 this year and next and then in a couple years still have 15 first round picks to maneuver or trade for a star. It’s unprecedented.

Where they could run into trouble is with the coming expansion draft if they have this huge collection of young guys and can only keep 8.