Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > Other Sports Talk

Old 07-01-2001, 08:27 PM   #1
LonestarROB
Patient # 312412

LonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to all

To a 5 year deal. He ain't no Jeremy Roenick but he's a damn good player in his own right. Turgeon led the St. Louis Blues in scoring last season.

Link

Stars also sign Rob DiMaio to a 3 year deal.

Website - www.thegamesector.com
Hell bent 100% Texan 'til I die.
LonestarROB is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-01-2001, 08:53 PM   #2
djb
Administrator

djb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond repute

Turgeon's a freakin stud! Great move by the Stars! Now I hope they re-sign Hull..
djb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2001, 11:28 PM   #3
MFFL
Guru

MFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond repute

Good move by the Stars.
MFFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2001, 11:42 PM   #4
Flying Tiger
Golden Member

Flying Tiger will become famous soon enoughFlying Tiger will become famous soon enough

WHOA...dj, how did you do that!?
Old 07-01-2001, 11:44 PM   #5
djb
Administrator

djb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond repute

Well I told Hicks and Hitchcock to sign him up and they did.

Oh wait what was your question? [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
Old 07-01-2001, 11:46 PM   #6
Flying Tiger
Golden Member

Flying Tiger will become famous soon enoughFlying Tiger will become famous soon enough

Sorry...I was commenting on your icon change. Isn't that new?
Old 07-01-2001, 11:48 PM   #7
djb
Administrator

Yea though I'll probably go back to frosty in a little bit [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] I'll be adding this icon to the system soon so others can choose it.
Old 07-01-2001, 11:50 PM   #8
Flying Tiger
Golden Member

Oh...any other new ones? Maybe a tiger?
Old 07-01-2001, 11:51 PM   #9
Flying Tiger
Golden Member

...with wings?
Old 07-01-2001, 11:54 PM   #10
djb
Administrator

Sorry haven't found any tigers! This will probably be the only icon I add for a while though. Having too many icons can become a bandwidth nightmare. But like I told Rob earlier, I'm thinking of letting Elite Members have the option of using their own unique icons. What do you all think of the idea? Just something I'm considering (so it might or might not happen).
Old 07-01-2001, 11:56 PM   #11
Flying Tiger
Golden Member

I say it's a good idea...if you give me a couple months.
Old 07-01-2001, 11:57 PM   #12
LonestarROB
Patient # 312412

LonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to all

That's cool with me. Just as long as TheKid can't copy me again [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] .

Old 07-02-2001, 05:01 PM   #13
LonestarROB
Patient # 312412

Stars sign right winger Donald Audette to 4 year deal

Link

Old 07-02-2001, 05:40 PM   #14
MFFL
Guru

MFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond repute

Unique icons would be cool.
Old 07-02-2001, 10:53 PM   #15
LonestarROB
Patient # 312412

Bret Hull, Mike Keene not returning next season, so says Bob Gainey.

But the Stars have also reached a tentitive agreement with Left Winger Valeri Kamensky though.

Old 07-02-2001, 11:14 PM   #16
Flying Tiger
Golden Member

Who is Bob Gainey?
Old 07-02-2001, 11:19 PM   #17
LonestarROB
Patient # 312412

The Stars GM.

Old 07-02-2001, 11:34 PM   #18
Flying Tiger
Golden Member

Oh...then I guess he would know, huh.
Old 07-03-2001, 07:19 AM   #19
MFFL
Guru

posted link-free for flying tigger!
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
By LARRY BROOKS
NY Post
July 3, 2001 -- Jaromir Jagr will not be going to Dallas, a well-placed source yesterday told The Post. And while that in and of itself doesn't guarantee that No. 68 is Broadway bound, Ranger chances for pulling off a blockbuster with Pittsburgh grew exponentially with the elimination of one of the few teams out there with both the financial and player personnel resources to make such a trade.

It had been believed that the Stars, who last week were willing to deal Darryl Sydor and Brendan Morrow to the Flyers for Eric Lindros, were prepared to augment that package in order to get Jagr. But a source yesterday said that Dallas' free-agent signings of Pierre Turgeon and Donald Audette signaled the end of their summer business, though the team is nosing around Valeri Kamensky.

There is a possibility that Detroit might jump in with a package featuring Sergei Fedorov and Chris Osgood, especially if the Red Wings succeed in signing free agent Alexander Mogilny. And, silly as it may seem on the surface, there is a chance that the Blues, who still have a truckload of prospects and are barely (if at all) improved after essentially swapping Turgeon, Jochen Hecht, Marty Reasoner and Roman Turek for Doug Weight and Fred Brathwaite, will become a factor.

But if those teams stay out of the picture, the Rangers are likely to have no legitimate opposition in their bid to get the 29- year-old, four-times running Art Ross Trophy winner. In that case, it will be a matter of Glen Sather satisfying Craig Patrick.

"I phoned Craig [Sunday] and he was out mowing the lawn, so I don't know that there's any urgency on his part," Sather said. "Other than that, I don't have anything more to say about Jagr."