Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 11-17-2010, 01:25 AM   #121
BGMaverick9
Guru

BGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond repute

Alright, sorry guys, it was a busy day but I stayed up to get it taken care of.
http://ballinwithbryan.podomatic.com/

90 minutes of the Report...here's what was discussed!

Intro - Recapping Boston, Memphis and Philly
20:25 - Rotation Pros and Cons and Ask the Hosts
48:30 - New Orleans
1:06:05 - Look Ahead to Chicago and Atlanta
1:19:10 - Mystery Segment

Notice the timing, we dig DEEP into these topics!

Be sure to send in your questions and comments
MavericksOutsiderReport@gmail.com
Old 11-17-2010, 01:21 PM   #122
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by BGMaverick9 View Post
A Utah Jazz Podcast is ranked 8th in the Sports Podcast, we are 38th. We need to show we're better than that!
The universe has a way of "course correcting", keep up the good work and get on iTunes and the Outsider will do just fine.

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2010, 01:59 PM   #123
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

really good episode, guys.

I enjoyed the in depth butler/marion and lineup discussion... and the New Orleans discussion was good stuff.

Also, I really like the Outsider at the 90 minute runtime its been at the past 2 weeks...its long enough to discuss everything, but not so long that I have to break it up over several different listening intervals.

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
Old 11-18-2010, 09:09 AM   #124
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

Very solid episode. You guys are really hitting your stride. And you both gave the answer I wanted from my question, so extra marks for that.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2010, 09:50 AM   #125
BGMaverick9
Guru

BGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthig32 View Post
Very solid episode. You guys are really hitting your stride. And you both gave the answer I wanted from my question, so extra marks for that.
Thanks! I really can get a feel for the episode right away and I texted Rhylan as I got to the AAC that it was definitely a good one!

I figured you'd like the answer(s) as well

Keep sending the questions our way!
Old 11-20-2010, 06:12 PM   #126
BGMaverick9
Guru

Keep sending the emails!

Here's what we've got on tap:
Recapping the week and looking ahead to the big, BIG week.
1/8 of the season done, it's time to totally come up with a rapid reaction: Buy, Sell or Hold
Rhylan has some NBA nuggets ready
The Carmelo Speculation

all of that and more on Monday, 2 hours!

Last edited by BGMaverick9; 11-20-2010 at 06:12 PM.
BGMaverick9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2010, 05:18 PM   #127
BGMaverick9
Guru

We've got ideas for Buy, Sell and Hold but what do you guys have?

email MavericksOutsiderReport@gmail.com with your buy sell or hold proposals!
Old 11-22-2010, 01:50 PM   #128
BGMaverick9
Guru

Championships are hard to come by, especially in the DFDub...
Would you give up your thumbs for a ring???

email MavericksOutsiderReport@gmail.com, tell us what you would give up for one championship!
Old 11-22-2010, 02:30 PM   #129
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Championships are hard to come by, especially in the DFDub...
Would you give up your thumbs for a ring???

email MavericksOutsiderReport@gmail.com, tell us what you would give up for one championship!
Can I just post here, instead of emailing you?

I would give up the Cowboys winning the next 10 Super Bowls in a row for one Mavericks' championship. Seriously.

As far as giving up something I already actually have.....hmmm. I would give up my entire music collection (various CD's and 11,000+ mp3's built up over 13+ years) for a championship.

"Your'e a low-mentality drama gay queen!!" -- She_Growls
LonghornDub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 02:32 PM   #130
BGMaverick9
Guru

Sure thing buddy.

I just throw it out here before the show to start getting attention and give it some time. Once the show gets rolling, I can't look on here too much so that's where the email comes in to play.

Very nice answer!
Old 11-22-2010, 05:18 PM   #131
Usually Lurkin
Diamond Member

Usually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornDub View Post
Can I just post here, instead of emailing you?

I would give up the Cowboys winning the next 10 Super Bowls in a row for one Mavericks' championship. Seriously.
ha. I'm not a football fan at all, so Id give up the Cowboys. period. I'd send them to LA for the Lakers future championships.

Last edited by Usually Lurkin; 11-22-2010 at 05:23 PM.
Usually Lurkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 05:33 PM   #132
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Usually Lurkin View Post
ha. I'm not a football fan at all, so Id give up the Cowboys. period. I'd send them to LA for the Lakers future championships.
Well, I am a football fan, and a Cowboys fan specifically, and I'd still give it up.

Old 11-22-2010, 06:55 PM   #133
sike
The Preacha

get that thing up...I wanna here it.

Old 11-22-2010, 07:38 PM   #134
BGMaverick9
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by sike View Post
get that thing up...I wanna here it.
Good thing you added the ending...
It's being put onto the site right now. It should hopefully be up by 730.

We ran heavy on the opening part of the show so the Carmelo talk will come up over the next two weeks, it's not like that's a time-sensitive issue!
Old 11-22-2010, 08:53 PM   #135
sike
The Preacha

Quote:
Good thing you added the ending...
It's being put onto the site right now. It should hopefully be up by 730.

We ran heavy on the opening part of the show so the Carmelo talk will come up over the next two weeks, it's not like that's a time-sensitive issue!
Is it posted yet?

Old 11-22-2010, 09:36 PM   #136
BGMaverick9
Guru

yup!

Last edited by BGMaverick9; 11-22-2010 at 09:37 PM.
Old 11-22-2010, 11:23 PM   #137
sike
The Preacha

You guys are lame....I would give up ANY food for at least a year for a Mavs Championship.

Old 11-22-2010, 11:27 PM   #138
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

I'd give up Sike for a Mavs Championship...

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 12:02 AM   #139
LonghornDub

Quote:
You guys are lame....I would give up ANY food for at least a year for a Mavs Championship.
"Any" meaning all food (aka, you would willingly die after 5-6 days in exchange for a Mavs championship), or "any" meaning any one particular type of food that we get to choose?

Old 11-23-2010, 12:07 AM   #140
BGMaverick9
Guru

Quote:
We seriously talked about burgers during most of breaks today, can't imagine either of us giving them up a long period of time.

We'll dig into the Melo stuff next week and Rhylan already sent me an incredibly fun topic on a new NBA and based off of it, who dominates who...
Good stuff!!

Enjoy the show
Old 11-23-2010, 12:19 PM   #141
sike
The Preacha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog View Post
I'd give up Sike for a Mavs Championship...
You WISH you could quit me.

Old 11-23-2010, 12:22 PM   #142
sike
The Preacha

Talking

Quote:
"Any" meaning all food (aka, you would willingly die after 5-6 days in exchange for a Mavs championship), or "any" meaning any one particular type of food that we get to choose?
You are dumb. I obviously meant option 1.

Old 11-23-2010, 01:16 PM   #143
LonghornDub

Quote:
You are dumb. I obviously meant option 1.
...your face is dumb.

Old 11-23-2010, 01:21 PM   #144
FINtastic
Diamond Member

FINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
If it's just food that we are depriving sike of, he doesn't have to die necessarily. If we still allow him drinks, he could always go on a slim-fast and beer diet as he watches the Mavericks waltz their way to the championship. Win-win.

"Ok, Go Mavericks!"
-Avery Johnson
FINtastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 02:15 PM   #145
LonghornDub

Quote:
Originally Posted by FINtastic View Post
If it's just food that we are depriving sike of, he doesn't have to die necessarily. If we still allow him drinks, he could always go on a slim-fast and beer diet as he watches the Mavericks waltz their way to the championship. Win-win.
I'm counting slim fast as a liquid food, much like milk. Beer is allowable.

Old 11-23-2010, 03:21 PM   #146
sike
The Preacha

Go Mavs...

Old 11-27-2010, 04:42 PM   #147
BGMaverick9
Guru

I think we need a healthy segment of ask the hosts for this week's show, Mavs questions or comments for Monday? send them here or email MavericksOutsiderReport@gmail.com
Old 11-28-2010, 03:23 AM   #148
BGMaverick9
Guru

Sike might be the MVE, most valuable emailer...he's sending in gold.

Guys, fire away, you've got til Monday. I talked to Followeezy today about coming on board and if things work out, he'll be on for a bit during the show on the 6th. I'm working on lining up guests for future shows as well.
Old 11-29-2010, 02:23 PM   #149
BGMaverick9
Guru

90 minute edition of the Mavericks Outsider Report

Rhylan is on assignment covering the pros and cons of Cyber Monday, I'm not sure if he's got a Mavericks angle on it, but that's what he's doing

On the show today:
Recapping the historic week for the Mavericks
The bread and butter of the team right now...?
Roddy and looking ahead
The Good, the Bad and the Ugly: Dirk Nowitzki
Preview this Week's slate of Games
Mystery Segment

Be sure to tune in and download!
Old 11-30-2010, 02:52 AM   #150
BGMaverick9
Guru

Intro - Recapping the Historic Week for the Mavericks
21:50 - The Bread and Butter of the Ream Right Now...?
38:00 - Roddy and Looking Ahead
50:00 - The Good, the Bad and the Ugly: Dirk Nowitzki
1:03:30 - Preview This Week's Slate of Games
1:16:10 - Mystery Segment

December is looking like a STRONG month for Interviews. Mark Followill will be coming on the show for an interview next week, Jeff "Skin" Wade will come on in the later part of the month and I'm in the process of booking Maverick PLAYERS to come on to the show.

Exciting times ahead for the show.
Old 12-03-2010, 05:19 PM   #151
BGMaverick9
Guru

Hope everyone has a wonderful weekend!

Just a reminder, Mark Followill will be our guest around 3:20 on Monday and we'll have lots of goodies to talk about with the man.

Any questions or comments Mavs wise? MavericksOutsiderReport@gmail.com
Monday: 2 hours and Rhylan is back from assignment!
Old 12-06-2010, 08:27 PM   #152
BGMaverick9
Guru

Here's what is on tap for this synergistic episode of Mavericks Outsider Report:

Intro - Recapping the Winning Wweek
21:40 - Mark Followill Interview (gold)
47:35 - Entering the DoJo
1:05:00 - Carlisle Love
1:24:45 - Previewing the First 1/2 of the Home-stand
1:43:33 - Mystery Segment(with New and Improved Theme Music)

this entire episode was sponsored by @JerusalemJ

Last edited by BGMaverick9; 12-06-2010 at 08:28 PM.
Old 12-07-2010, 12:17 AM   #153
Rhylan
Minister of Soul

Rhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond repute

Fine show, but what was up with that caller? He got a whole segment?
Rhylan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010, 12:22 AM   #154
BGMaverick9
Guru

When you're golden...it's worthy of a segment!
Old 12-11-2010, 03:06 AM   #155
Rhylan
Minister of Soul

Rhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond repute

Thig and others... we have submitted the Mavericks Outsider Report Podcast to iTunes and should be listed soon. I'll let you know when it shows up.

I'll apologize in advance for the large file size for episodes dated through 12/6/10.. starting this week that'll be a little more manageable.
Old 12-11-2010, 09:17 AM   #156
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhylan View Post
Thig and others... we have submitted the Mavericks Outsider Report Podcast to iTunes and should be listed soon. I'll let you know when it shows up.

I'll apologize in advance for the large file size for episodes dated through 12/6/10.. starting this week that'll be a little more manageable.
Excellent! I'd actually been meaning to ask about the file size. Takes forever to download on my phone. Thanks for the update.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 01:02 AM   #157
BGMaverick9
Guru

Rhylan is working on the edits for today's show, should hopefully be up in the next 24 hours. It might sound a little foolish since we talked about how the streak will never die, Cliff Lee will sign with the Rangers and Favre would play tonight...

Ok, only one of those actually happened.
Old 12-14-2010, 01:05 AM   #158
sike
The Preacha

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthig32 View Post
Excellent! I'd actually been meaning to ask about the file size. Takes forever to download on my phone. Thanks for the update.
true. that thing has been a beast.

Old 12-14-2010, 01:08 AM   #159
Rhylan
Minister of Soul

I actually was a little tentative about ending the homestand streaking... but it was more because I'm having a hard time putting a finger on what Phoenix and Portland are right now.

Basketball. It'll getcha.

I'm editing the audio right now.
Old 12-14-2010, 01:09 AM   #160
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Rhylan is working on the edits for today's show, should hopefully be up in the next 24 hours. It might sound a little foolish since we talked about how the streak will never die, Cliff Lee will sign with the Rangers and Favre would play tonight...

Ok, only one of those actually happened.
Which one?

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.

Last edited by Underdog; 12-14-2010 at 01:09 AM.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote