Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > The Lounge

Old 01-13-2005, 10:59 AM   #1
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute
Default the Sikeys are here....late as usual..worth the wait??? You decide

Well its been a good quarter, very few new trolls, quality posting from the usuals, and a decent season so far for the good guys….

We did something new for this past quarter for deciding the winners, there is now a secret Sikey voting panel who decides the winners of the six “coveted” awards…

As always feel free to disagree with us and offer your own votes for all or any of the specific awards and know that no winner won unanimously so there were many who were only one vote away from wining…and remember this is just for fun…so no hurt feelings

Our first “award” goes for the “Classiest Poster” of the quarter…..and the Sikey goes to…………………kg!!!!! kg is without a doubt one of our most important posters….without him here there would be no one to call out Mike Fisher! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] Congrats…

Our second category is for the “Most Underrated Poster”, which is category dedicated to honoring an individual who has proven time and again how valuable he/she is by contributing with intelligence and balance to the overall forum but for whatever reason has not seemed to get the props that are deserved…and the Sikey goes to…..chumdawg!!!! Congrats dawg!!! There are a handful of posters I always make an effort to read and dawg’s humor and insight have placed him on that short list…

The third “award” is for the category of “We Need More of This Poster”, which goes to a high quality and contributing poster who we feel needs to post more often….and the Sikey goes to……………….MaxPower!!!!! Max is quality no doubt and has been strangely absent this last quarter…come on maxy, get your type on!

“Mod of the Quarter”…..and the Sikey goes to………………….U2!!!!! “My Man” deserves this award for all he does on this forum around the Holidays alone, but as one of our voters pointed out, U2 has the guts to stand “up to two respected posters with anger management issues” and this should not be overlooked. I have noticed that some mods will let the more established poster blatantly break forum policy while at the same unfairly hammer the newer guys for the same offenses…Consistency is to honored…

Always my favorite category, the “Funniest Poster Award” is always hotly contested and this year was no different…the winner by a three to two margin is…………..madape!!!!! His hotly pronounced opinions and bold/crass style have won him the favor of our voting panel..what can you say about the undisputed “rant champion” of our little family?….Congrats funny man. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

And now for the highest “award” of the quarter, “Poster of The Quarter”………and the Sikey goes to…………………..I’m so nervous………….palms sweaty……………..pit stains enlarging……………..struggling to open the envelope………..and the Poster of the Quarter is grndmstr_c!!!!!!!!!! With his trusty +/- always as his guide, C has been proving himself one of our best basketball posters. He always support his argument with well thought out comment and statistical proof…and has had an exceptional quarter without a doubt….Congrats C!!!!

If you did not win, its because you suck…go somewhere and cry loser! (I just realized I’ve never won….that’s it, don’t try and stop me, I’m jumping)

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-13-2005, 11:03 AM   #2
Dooby
Diamond Member

Dooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really nice
Default RE:the Sikeys are here....late as usual..worth the wait??? You decide

You know, I have never even been nominated for one of these things. So, screw it.
At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

A fool's paradise is a wise man's hell. – Thomas Fuller
Dooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2005, 11:25 AM   #3
Dooby
Diamond Member

Dooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really nice

Apparently, I have been nominated; just never won. Still, screw it.
At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

A fool's paradise is a wise man's hell. – Thomas Fuller
Dooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2005, 11:47 AM   #4
XERXES
Diamond Member

XERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud of

I was robbed I tell you. I had the Sikey right there in my grasp...
Old 01-13-2005, 12:34 PM   #5
Chiwas
Guru

Chiwas is infamous around these partsChiwas is infamous around these parts
Default RE: the Sikeys are here....late as usual..worth the wait??? You decide

It's all about the hype, like in Oscar, who win the trophies? Tom Hanks and the hyped.

We don't have Tom Hank's though.

Btw, it wouldn't be bad to have a Michael Moore once in a while winning a sikey. "Shame on you, sike, shame on you!".
Old 01-13-2005, 12:48 PM   #6
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

if that fat man won a Sikey it would be the "Who Sike would most like to kick his teeth out" award...

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
Old 01-13-2005, 01:57 PM   #7
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Well, I'm humbled. Only in America, the great Land of Opportunity, can a skinny kid from Irving, Texas grow up to win one of the most coveted awards in all of sports messageboards.

They can abuse me, torture me, take away all my earthly riches--but they will never be able to take that Sikey off my...er, mantle.

A big thanks to Sike and the rest of the esteemed selection committee! [img]i/expressions/beer.gif[/img]
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2005, 04:53 PM   #8
Caliente
Diamond Member

Caliente is a name known to allCaliente is a name known to allCaliente is a name known to allCaliente is a name known to allCaliente is a name known to allCaliente is a name known to allCaliente is a name known to allCaliente is a name known to allCaliente is a name known to all

No justice, no peace............
Old 01-13-2005, 05:52 PM   #9
Max Power
Banned

Max Power is on a distinguished road

I finally win one for NOT posting?!?

That's a weird form of recognition. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
Max Power is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2005, 06:08 PM   #10
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

u2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally posted by: Max Power

That's a weird form of recognition. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
I think it means you are missed.

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

And thanks to the voters for making me the "Mod" of the Quarter... however I must say that I don't do anything moderator-wise on this site without the input/backup of my fellow mods. Well, unless I see the F word or S word.... But thank you very much. When I accepted the moderator job I thought it might make my time on this site be less enjoyable. But for the most part, that has not been the case. Sometimes you have to do things you would otherwise not want to do, but overall it is a small price to pay to do what you can in supporting a site that you really like to be a part of.
Old 01-14-2005, 11:36 AM   #11
kg_veteran
Old School Balla

kg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond repute

I don't know if I'm classy or not, but thank you for the award nonetheless. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

I agree completely with your other selections. This is a really great board with a broad range of talented, entertaining, and informative posters. I just enjoy being along for the ride.
Old 01-14-2005, 11:51 AM   #12
sike
The Preacha

Quote:
Originally posted by: kg_veteran
I don't know if I'm classy or not, but thank you for the award nonetheless.
the voting panel has spoken....and they are the sovereign councel of who is and who is not classy [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

and to Maxy's comment, it does just mean we wish you would post more because of the quality of your style and insight....its certainly not based upon your looks.... [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 01-14-2005, 12:35 PM   #13
madape
Diamond Member

madape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to behold

I love accolades. They give me a reason to drink. Thanks Sike. Cheers!
madape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2005, 04:53 PM   #14
Psychedelic Fuzz
Platinum Member

Psychedelic Fuzz is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally posted by: Max Power

It means that you have been added to the list of venerated individuals who have won this award as recognition of the fact that this place is better for having their insight and humor and would welcome more of it (see last quarter's sikeys)[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]

Psychedelic Fuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2005, 06:35 PM   #15
Chiwas
Guru

A sikey award without Xerxes, twelli, mary, mavdog, dude1394, 55, 23, cal, Psyche, evil, reeds, novice, dooby, big boy laroux, MFF, epitome -among some others (along the lines), might only mean that this is all about good bribes.
Old 01-14-2005, 07:01 PM   #16
Mandyahl
Diamond Member

Mandyahl will become famous soon enoughMandyahl will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally posted by: madape
I love accolades. They give me a reason to drink. Thanks Sike. Cheers!
you never need a reason to drink...
Old 01-14-2005, 07:10 PM   #17
Chiwas
Guru

Mandyahl!

(you owe me a PM, btw)
Old 01-14-2005, 07:25 PM   #18
DubOverdose
Diamond Member

DubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant future

KG is SO overrated! I can't believe you fell for the hype Sike! JK
DubOverdose is offline   Reply With Quote