Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > Political Arena

Old 11-06-2007, 11:36 AM   #1
FishForLunch
Platinum Member

FishForLunch is a glorious beacon of lightFishForLunch is a glorious beacon of lightFishForLunch is a glorious beacon of lightFishForLunch is a glorious beacon of lightFishForLunch is a glorious beacon of lightFishForLunch is a glorious beacon of lightFishForLunch is a glorious beacon of lightFishForLunch is a glorious beacon of light
Default Green is Universal Week

Did you guys see the halftime stunt that NBC pulled during Cowboys game, by switching off the studio lights and using candles and flashlights

How many of you guys will follow their lead and switch of lights in your house and use candles and flashlights like the activists in the NBC management dreamed up this week.

When Matt Lauer was taking about some of the greatest minds in the subject of Global Warming was Nobel Prize winner Al Gore, I nearly threw up.
FishForLunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-06-2007, 11:42 AM   #2
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

I will use candles from now on, when I broadcast all of my half time shows.
Old 11-06-2007, 12:05 PM   #3
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

u2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond repute

My wife uses candles whenever someone makes a bombing run......
Old 11-06-2007, 12:06 PM   #4
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by u2sarajevo
My wife uses candles whenever someone makes a bombing run......
I think Al Gore just smiled a little, wherever he is.
Old 11-06-2007, 01:46 PM   #5
Smiles
Diamond Member

Smiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud of

They didn't have to make the set THAT dark, but I suppose it helped enhance the "impact" of NBC's point.

I'm all for saving the planet, but a little miffed that NBC announced they were going to power down the lights on the set "from now on" when they are off air. Supposedly, it's already very common practice for networks to "power down" at those times (maybe it wasn't for NBC). But, NBC acts like they're at the forefront taking strong measures for the good of the planet.

I'm all for conservation, but it's too bad so much of it is done for publicity, or for political gain.
Old 11-06-2007, 01:49 PM   #6
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

I was just glad they explained why everything was green. I spent quite a bit of time trying to convince myself that that stupid peacock wasn't green because we were playing the Eagles.....

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2007, 03:30 PM   #7
kg_veteran
Old School Balla

kg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond repute

Being green is overrated.
Old 11-06-2007, 04:05 PM   #8
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Oh and the title sequence for Heroes was all in green instead of the usual orange/yellowish eclipse colors.

That was too far.
Old 11-06-2007, 04:07 PM   #9
mcsluggo
Golden Member

mcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant future

Yeah? When I went to put cream cheese on my bagel this morning, it was green (and kinda furry).... THAT was going tooo far, the dirt munchin bastards.

(in retropect, I wish I hadn't eaten it)
mcsluggo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2007, 04:18 PM   #10
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Quote:
Originally Posted by u2sarajevo
And sike with his green pee this morning. Gross.
This is very political.
Old 11-06-2007, 04:31 PM   #11
Mavdog
Diamond Member

Mavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud of

get ready for more of this type of stuff, madison avenue has discovered that "being green" is a positive.
Mavdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2007, 04:38 PM   #12
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

I hope you're enjoying my green signature. I know mother nature is.
Old 11-06-2007, 05:12 PM   #13
irontoad
Golden Member

irontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flacolaco
I hope you're enjoying my green signature. I know mother nature is.
I'm green with envy, you bastard!! :0
Old 11-06-2007, 05:51 PM   #14
kg_veteran
Old School Balla

kg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mavdog
get ready for more of this type of stuff, madison avenue has discovered that "being green" is a positive.
As long as we recognize it for what it is.
Old 11-06-2007, 06:04 PM   #15
Mavdog
Diamond Member

Mavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by kg_veteran
As long as we recognize it for what it is.
...and that would be what exactly?

a needed focus on how we are f*ing up our environment?

a new hook in advertising strategy?

a horrible commercialization of a social trend that embraces a sustainable environment?

or is there something else you had in mind?
Mavdog is offline   Reply With Quote