Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Trade and Draft Board

Old 11-24-2003, 06:42 PM   #1
Dallasworld

Dallasworld is on a distinguished road
Default What do you think of this trade CLE / DAL?

Cleveland trades: SF Ricky Davis (15.3 ppg, 5.9 rpg, 4.9 apg in 36.1 minutes)
C Zydrunas Illgauskas (15.5 ppg, 6.9 rpg, 1.6 apg in 32.7 minutes)
Cleveland receives: PG Tony Delk (10.1 ppg, 3.9 rpg, 1.1 apg in 23.0 minutes)
C Shawn Bradley (3.0 ppg, 2.7 rpg, 0.2 apg in 10.1 minutes)
SG Michael Finley (14.0 ppg, 4.8 rpg, 3.0 apg in 38.8 minutes)
Change in team outlook: -3.7 ppg, -1.4 rpg, and -2.2 apg.

Dallas trades: PG Tony Delk (10.1 ppg, 3.9 rpg, 1.1 apg in 23.0 minutes)
C Shawn Bradley (3.0 ppg, 2.7 rpg, 0.2 apg in 10.1 minutes)
SG Michael Finley (14.0 ppg, 4.8 rpg, 3.0 apg in 38.8 minutes)
Dallas receives: SF Ricky Davis (15.3 ppg, 5.9 rpg, 4.9 apg in 14 games)
C Zydrunas Illgauskas (15.5 ppg, 6.9 rpg, 1.6 apg in 14 games)
Change in team outlook: +3.7 ppg, +1.4 rpg, and +2.2 apg.

Dallas could send $3 million cash or a pick

TRADE ACCEPTED

Why for Cleveland?
Because they get an all star caliber player in Finley with experience and leadership to play close James. Besides, the Cavs gets a PG who can score and run the team. Probably, Zydruna's value wil never be as hign as now. This is the moment to trade him.

Why for Dallas?
Because they get the real center they are looking for. Besides, the Mavs gets a young athletic SG to replace FIN.

Cavaliers roster & line up
Delk/Ollie/Bremer
James/Wagner/Newble
Finley/Miles/Kapono
Boozer/Mihm
Diop/Bradley/Sundov/Stewart

Mavericks roster & line up
Nash/Best/Daniels
Davis/Howard/Wahad
Walker/Jamison/
Nowitzki/Najera
Illgauskas/Fortson
Old 11-24-2003, 06:46 PM   #2
grndmstr_c
Diamond Member

grndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE:What do you think of this trade CLE / DAL?

No. Bradley's defense is more valuable to us than Z's offense would be, and I wouldn't trade Fin for Davis, let alone Fin AND Delk.
Old 11-24-2003, 07:10 PM   #3
Simon2
Diamond Member

Simon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to allSimon2 is a name known to all

I think I would rather do

TAW and Jamison for Ricky Davis and Z?

It works under Realgm.
Old 11-24-2003, 07:51 PM   #4
Jamisonite
Golden Member

Jamisonite is on a distinguished road
Default RE: What do you think of this trade CLE / DAL?

Simon you better ship the Cavs some good weed if you expect them to pull the trigger on that deal. And in the mist of all of these BIG Z deals i would like to say one thing. Z can barely keep up with the Cavs do you really think he can keep up with us. Simply put...no. We are having trouble getting our guys touches as it is. Sending one guy who doesnt care if he has the ball in Fin to get two guys that crave the rock is just ignorant. If i make a deal with Cleveland id want to get Mihm, Boozer, Ollie, I think Davis COULD thrive in our system but not with all the pieces we have now.
Old 11-24-2003, 09:20 PM   #5
Walkerforthree
Golden Member

Walkerforthree is on a distinguished road

I would love Boozer.
Walkerforthree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2003, 11:05 PM   #6
XERXES
Diamond Member

XERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud of

I would do this deal. But there is NO WAY Cleveland would! Yes they want to move Davis...but, they thoroughly LOVE Big Z. Wishful thinking...

oh...if you wouldn't trade Bradley for Z...you either:

a) should be institutionalized

b) live in Utah and practice polygamy.

c) or both.

Old 11-24-2003, 11:36 PM   #7
grndmstr_c
Diamond Member

grndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond repute

As much as having seven wives and getting free drugs both sound pretty cool, I'll have to decline. I didn't comment one way or the other on a trade of Z for the Mantis because that's not what was proposed. I stated that Bradley's D was more valuable than Z's offense for this team, and I'll stand by that. No question Z's a better scorer, but that's not exactly what this team is hurting for. If you think differently, you either:

a) don't know basketball

b) don't know basketball

c) or both
Old 11-24-2003, 11:40 PM   #8
bogey
Banned

bogey is a jewel in the roughbogey is a jewel in the roughbogey is a jewel in the roughbogey is a jewel in the roughbogey is a jewel in the rough

I'm not sure I've ever seen anyone argue by multiple choice before. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
bogey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2003, 11:47 PM   #9
Psychedelic Fuzz
Platinum Member

Psychedelic Fuzz is on a distinguished road

not sure which is worse

a) the fact that i guessed three of the players involved before i ever opened this thread

b) the fact that people are arguing via multiple choice

c) the fact that someone actually responed to this thread in the first place

Psychedelic Fuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2003, 11:52 PM   #10
grndmstr_c
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally posted by: Psychedelic Fuzz
not sure which is worse

a) the fact that i guessed three of the players involved before i ever opened this thread

b) the fact that people are arguing via multiple choice

c) the fact that someone actually responed to this thread in the first place
I vote (c). Wait! That was me that replied first.

Oh well, thanks for keeping me company, Psych.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
Old 11-25-2003, 12:18 AM   #11
MavsFanFinley
Guru

MavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond repute

Finley is one of the most unselfish players in the league.

Davis has to be one of the most selfish.

Old 11-25-2003, 12:52 AM   #12
LRB
Guru

LRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally posted by: XERXES
I would do this deal. But there is NO WAY Cleveland would! Yes they want to move Davis...but, they thoroughly LOVE Big Z. Wishful thinking...

oh...if you wouldn't trade Bradley for Z...you either:

a) should be institutionalized

b) live in Utah and practice polygamy.

c) or both.
Well no way I pull the trigger on a trade of Bradley for Big Z. We need more defense at the center positon not less. And as grndmstr_c
has brillantly stated we hardly need more offense on this team. Throw in the fact that Big Z is more like the Big IR. He's hurt more than he's healthy. Of course I'm sure Nellie would love to be in the position of choosing between Tony Delk and Travis Best as our starting center, but it only makes me want to break out another case of Pepto Bismo.

And while I think that I'm a really great guy, I just can't see building an instituion in my honor. As for the other choice, one wife was more than I could handle. No, not in a million years.
Old 11-25-2003, 02:21 AM   #13
Dirkenstien
Diamond Member

Dirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant future

No. This trade ships away our heart and brings in pieces that lack the required attributes needed for Dallas to flourish.

''Nowitzki'' is a German word that, translated, means, ''Good Lord, doesn't this guy ever miss?''

-Miami paper on Dirk Nowitzki
Dirkenstien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2003, 02:50 AM   #14
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally posted by: grndmstr_c
No. Bradley's defense is more valuable to us than Z's offense would be, and I wouldn't trade Fin for Davis, let alone Fin AND Delk.
Psssst. Dont tell Nellie.
EricaLubarsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2003, 09:39 AM   #15
kg_veteran
Old School Balla

kg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond repute

I want Ricky Davis in Dallas about as much as I want Keyshawn Johnson here.

No thanks.
Old 11-25-2003, 12:09 PM   #16
XERXES
Diamond Member

XERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud of

I'm enjoying the Multiple Choice format of this thread.

And I'm not really that keen on having Ricky Davis in a Mavs uni - but I would definitely (and I feel certain every GM in the league would) trade Bradley for Z. It almost seems foolish to argue that point...it's like argueing with someone that 2 plus 2 equals 4...It's too simple.

I love this forum b/c so many people know so much about hoops - but the one thing that constantly irks me is how many people overrate Bradley. He is what he is. A defensive stopper? No. Occasional help side defender? Sure. He's sure not a better defender than Raef was - and Raef was pretty bad...anyway...

But (sound the battle cry) "Bradley lovers unite..."
Old 11-25-2003, 12:21 PM   #17
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

If I were to trade for a center, I wouldn't want to get rid of the only other true center on the team. I believe that you need a couple of centers on your team. In my opinion, that isn't Fortson or Najera. I would prefer it not to be Dirk either.

I would prefer to keep the Mantis unless the Mavs trade for a center that can log 30-35 minutes a night AND play far superior defense to anything the Mavs have on the inside.

Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2003, 12:59 PM   #18
kg_veteran
Old School Balla

kg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond repute

Cleveland's not going to make that deal straight-up, Xerxes. And even though Ilgauskas is the better player, why would we trade the only center currently on the roster?

Ilgauskas puts up pretty decent numbers on a horrible team, but he really doesn't show me that much. I'm not sure how much he makes your interior better.

Also, please don't disrespect Shawn by comparing him to the waif Raef.
Old 11-25-2003, 06:42 PM   #19
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
[i]Originally posted by: [b]Psychedelic Fuzz c) the fact that someone actually responed to this thread in the first place

I'll take "C".....and would like to go on record as being one of the first to say that this trade and Draft board is becoming a pain.....TOO MUCH CRAP!....NOT ENOUGH ACTUAL FODER......

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2003, 11:56 AM   #20
SeriousSummer
Golden Member

SeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant future

A more reasonable Dallas-Cleveland trade is:

Tony Delk for Chris Mihm.

Delk helps Cleveland because he's a short two guard (who can guard the point) to pair with LeBron. Delk can also score.

Dallas gets another center. Granted, Mihm's not that great, but he is a UT guy and he's still young. We don't need Delk anyway because Howard will have all his minutes by the end of the year.
SeriousSummer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2003, 01:31 PM   #21
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally posted by: SeriousSummer

Delk helps Cleveland because he's a short two guard (who can guard the point) to pair with LeBron. Delk can also score.

Dallas gets another center. Granted, Mihm's not that great, but he is a UT guy and he's still young. We don't need Delk anyway because Howard will have all his minutes by the end of the year.
Id like to see that happen- it won't but it would be good for Dallas. Mihm isnt going to stop Shaq or change games on his own but he isnt fodder like Wang is. Mihm has the body of LaFrentz as a rookie and the mindset (and low talent level) of Najera.
EricaLubarsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2003, 01:54 PM   #22
LRB
Guru

LRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to behold

Quote:

I vote for this trade just because it give Nellie less SMALL BALL options.
Old 12-01-2003, 09:45 AM   #23
mavsfan4life

mavsfan4life is on a distinguished road

good trade
Old 12-02-2003, 10:29 AM   #24
MavsFanatik33
Platinum Member

MavsFanatik33 has a spectacular aura aboutMavsFanatik33 has a spectacular aura about

I would consider it if Delk was not in the trade, but I don't think Ricky Davis could fill Finley's shoes AT ALL.
MavsFanatik33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2003, 07:58 PM   #25
dirkformvp

dirkformvp is on a distinguished road

michael finley is more of a team player, ricky davis is a ball hog, he hardly ever passes the ball and he has a character problem
dirkformvp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2003, 12:00 PM   #26
Walkerforthree
Golden Member

Walkerforthree is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally posted by: dirkformvp
michael finley is more of a team player, ricky davis is a ball hog, he hardly ever passes the ball and he has a character problem
is that why ricky avg. more asist per game and averages around the same shots?
Walkerforthree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2003, 02:19 PM   #27
SeriousSummer
Golden Member

SeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant future

Back with another Dallas-Cleveland trade:

Dallas trades: SG Michael Finley (16.0 ppg, 4.7 rpg, 3.0 apg in 38.2 minutes)
SF Antawn Jamison (14.2 ppg, 6.7 rpg, 1.2 apg in 29.2 minutes)
Dallas receives: C Zydrunas Illgauskas (16.1 ppg, 7.5 rpg, 1.6 apg in 32.8 minutes)
C Michael Stewart (1.3 ppg, 2.7 rpg, 0.0 apg in 9.7 minutes)
SF Darius Miles (9.5 ppg, 4.6 rpg, 2.7 apg in 27.6 minutes)
[1st Round Draft Pick, Protected against the top 3]
Change in team outlook: -3.3 ppg, +3.4 rpg, and +0.1 apg.

Cleveland trades: C Zydrunas Illgauskas (16.1 ppg, 7.5 rpg, 1.6 apg in 32.8 minutes)
Cleveland receives: SG Michael Finley (16.0 ppg, 4.7 rpg, 3.0 apg in 19 games)
SF Antawn Jamison (14.2 ppg, 6.7 rpg, 1.2 apg in 19 games)
Change in team outlook: +3.3 ppg, -3.4 rpg, and -0.1 apg.

TRADE ACCEPTED

Dallas gets a big guy (well, two if you count Stewart) and a guy who will never fulfill his potential in Miles. Dallas also gets three contracts with only one more year on them to help in trades for next year. Dallas's new lineup:

Nash/Best/Daniels
Howard/Delk
Walker/Miles
Nowitzski/Najera
Ilgauskas/Bradley/Fortson

Dallas's cap situation is improved and, with luck, the Mavs get a pretty high draft choice.

Stewart joins TAW and Stefansson on the injured list.

Cleveland--who cares?
SeriousSummer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2003, 04:27 PM   #28
LRB
Guru

Quote:
Back with another Dallas-Cleveland trade:

Dallas trades: SG Michael Finley (16.0 ppg, 4.7 rpg, 3.0 apg in 38.2 minutes)
SF Antawn Jamison (14.2 ppg, 6.7 rpg, 1.2 apg in 29.2 minutes)
Dallas receives: C Zydrunas Illgauskas (16.1 ppg, 7.5 rpg, 1.6 apg in 32.8 minutes)
[1st Round Draft Pick, Protected against the top 3]
Change in team outlook: -3.3 ppg, +3.4 rpg, and +0.1 apg.

Cleveland trades: C Zydrunas Illgauskas (16.1 ppg, 7.5 rpg, 1.6 apg in 32.8 minutes)
Cleveland receives: SG Michael Finley (16.0 ppg, 4.7 rpg, 3.0 apg in 19 games)
SF Antawn Jamison (14.2 ppg, 6.7 rpg, 1.2 apg in 19 games)
Change in team outlook: +3.3 ppg, -3.4 rpg, and -0.1 apg.

TRADE ACCEPTED

Dallas gets a big guy (well, two if you count Stewart) and a guy who will never fulfill his potential in Miles. Dallas also gets three contracts with only one more year on them to help in trades for next year. Dallas's new lineup:

Nash/Best/Daniels
Howard/Delk
Walker/Miles
Nowitzski/Najera
Ilgauskas/Bradley/Fortson

Dallas's cap situation is improved and, with luck, the Mavs get a pretty high draft choice.

Stewart joins TAW and Stefansson on the injured list.

Cleveland--who cares?

I'd say no to this one. I'm not high on Miles at all. And I'd take Mihm over Big Z if given the choice, but neither one would I say was worth either Fin or Jamison much less both. I'd rather see no trade than to see this one.