Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > Other Sports Talk

Old 01-04-2005, 10:22 PM   #1
madape
Diamond Member

madape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to behold
Default Orange Bowl Thread

When will the Sooners stop humilating themselves on national television? How the hell can anyone take this bunch of losers seriosly when they keep getting blown out in the post-season year after years. All they do is take opportunities away from other, legitimate championship contenders. What a disgrace.
madape is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-04-2005, 10:30 PM   #2
endtroducing
Golden Member

endtroducing is on a distinguished road
Default RE:Orange Bowl Thread

no comment.

Old 01-04-2005, 10:40 PM   #3
madape
Diamond Member

madape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to behold
Default RE: Orange Bowl Thread

I can't decide what's more revolting, the way the Sooners are stinking up the game, or Ashley Simpson's banshee wail of a halftime performance. In a way, the Sooners and Simpson are one in the same. When it it counts, when everyone is watching, they show their ass. If America didn't learn from the Saturday night live performace that Simpson is a fake, untalented bitch, they know now. And if everyone didn't learn from last year's collapse that the Sooners are a fake, untalented bunch of bitches... they know now.
Old 01-04-2005, 10:51 PM   #4
Evilmav2
Diamond Member

Evilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond repute

This Oklahoma flotsam doesn't look like they deserve to share the field with USC's Orange-Bowl-touchdown-tying-record-holder,'Mr. Heisman' Matt Leinert and his associate, ''Mr. President' Reggie Bush. Maybe Auburn should have been playing in this game instead of the champion of the hollow and shallow Big 12...
Old 01-04-2005, 10:53 PM   #5
DubOverdose
Diamond Member

DubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant future

How can the Sooners be SO good but suck so much?
DubOverdose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2005, 10:54 PM   #6
Evilmav2
Diamond Member

Evilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond repute

A new Orange Bowl record! Five touchdowns for Leinert!
Old 01-04-2005, 10:58 PM   #7
GP

GP is a name known to allGP is a name known to allGP is a name known to allGP is a name known to allGP is a name known to allGP is a name known to allGP is a name known to allGP is a name known to all

I knew OU was in trouble when the talking heads all picked OU to win in a blowout. These guys are never, ever right on anything. I always thought that USC was the best team even though they played a "soft" schedule as all of these big time teams do. I am a bit surprised that OU didn't do better. I really thought they might be able to win this game. If Auburn was playing they'd be experiencing the exact same fate as OU is right now. I can't believe for a second that Auburn can stay within 35 of USC.
GP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2005, 11:10 PM   #8
Evilmav2
Diamond Member

Damned... Mr. President almost took it to the house on the last run...
Old 01-04-2005, 11:13 PM   #9
madape
Diamond Member

Utah would be doing the same thing to this pathetic group. USC is thanking their lucky stars that the BCS boobs served them up the Oklahoma straw house instead of the pulverizing ass-smashing power of the Utes.
Old 01-04-2005, 11:19 PM   #10
dirno2000
Diamond Member

dirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond repute

Can't say that I'm terribly upset with what's transpiring down in Florida.
Old 01-04-2005, 11:43 PM   #11
endtroducing
Golden Member

Quote:
Originally posted by: GP
I knew OU was in trouble when the talking heads all picked OU to win in a blowout. These guys are never, ever right on anything. I always thought that USC was the best team even though they played a "soft" schedule as all of these big time teams do. I am a bit surprised that OU didn't do better. I really thought they might be able to win this game. If Auburn was playing they'd be experiencing the exact same fate as OU is right now. I can't believe for a second that Auburn can stay within 35 of USC.
Virginia Tech did, kept it close, probably lost due to a bad call. and we beat them too. so I think it'd be a pretty even matchup...better than this crap fest.
Old 01-04-2005, 11:52 PM   #12
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

u2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally posted by: endtroducing
Virginia Tech did, kept it close, probably lost due to a bad call. and we beat them too. so I think it'd be a pretty even matchup...better than this crap fest.
I am actually really lamenting that it was not Auburn. I mean, this is the National Championship game and USC is wiping their hineys with OU.

I can't say I am not enjoying the beating.... but it would have been nice to have an actual game for the last College game of the season.

The first USC touchdown, that diving catch... that was freaking awesome. But it's been pretty downhill since then.
Old 01-05-2005, 12:13 AM   #13
dirno2000
Diamond Member

dirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond repute

Screw Big 12 pride and screw a competitive game...that smug ass Bob Stoops is getting embarrassed on the biggest stage in college football...i just can't see how that's not a good thing.

As for Auburn, they beat a good team last night, and would probably be a bit more competitive tonight, but I just don't see how there's any argument about the best team in college football at this point. May be that way for a while too as SC pulled in maybe the greatest recruiting class in college football history last year. We saw a couple of the guys tonight, but there’s more to come.

On a side note I wish Tommy Tuberville, Irvin Meyer and last years USC staff would have campaigned for a playoff system. It's hard to feel sorry for teams that get passed over when they don't work to better the system. Basically the want to keep the same unfair system, they just want it to work for them. And to show I ‘m not being biased, the same could be said for Mack Brown and his BCS rant.
Old 01-05-2005, 12:15 AM   #14
endtroducing
Golden Member

I was in New Orleans for the game, a disgusting city, by the way...and the score wasn't indicative of the way we dominated VT. VT played really dirty, too...someone scratched Carnell's cornea and their D was pulling on his ankle after plays. their DB tackled Mix after he had ran out of bounds, someone slapped Courtney Taylor in the head, someone grabbed Obomanu by his jersey and tried to choke him, Campbell was tackled 2 seconds after releasing the ball, our tight end was tackled going out for a pass. I noticed before the game that about 40 percent of the team were actually wearing visors, seemingly because our staff was tipped off of the eye raking...several players were victim to it.

Herring was burned early and often in the game, but on one of the long throws, he was pushed down by a receiver, and they called it on him. beats me.
Old 01-05-2005, 12:20 AM   #15
endtroducing
Golden Member

Tubs has been lobbying for a playoff for the past couple of years...but he is pure class, he really is. never said anyone didn't deserve to be there, never ran up the score on anyone, and never disrespected another team or coach. class guy...and you know, OU got there by running up the score a lot. that sways a lot of voters...but I'd rather be #2 and be a classy team (and man, these guys on this team are great, all Christian men, they walk out on the field arm in arm singing a gospel called "Hard Fighting Soliders") than be a jerk like Stoops ("ESPN HAS AN AGENDA FOR AUBURN!!! DURRR") and be in Miami.
Old 01-05-2005, 09:33 AM   #16
Dooby
Diamond Member

Dooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really nice

The real story is:

Ashlee Simpson's half time show was THE WORST THING EVER. At least the crowd had the decency to boo relentlessly when it was over. It was so bad, even my overly emotional eight months pregnant wife was compelled to say, "Holy crap...that was just terrible."

If she is not cute and has no talent, why is she on television?
At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

A fool's paradise is a wise man's hell. – Thomas Fuller
Dooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2005, 09:59 AM   #17
AnMan21

AnMan21 will become famous soon enough

i don't care if it was auburn, ou, utah, or any other number of quality teams, no one was beating USC last night. not only was their game plan perfect, but the players executed to a T. did anyone see that throw in the third quarter (i think) deep to the near sideline (about the 7 yard line) into double coverage?!? my jaw dropped with how accurate that pass was. i'll still hold my opinion that the PAC-10 as a whole is overrated, but USC proved they're for real.
AnMan21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2005, 01:28 PM   #18
endtroducing
Golden Member

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/6788468/

AU: #1 D
USC: #2 D

AU: All-NFL backfield (Campbell, Brown, Williams)
USC: All-NFL backfield (Leinart, White, Bush)

USC might've won had we played them, but boy, it would've been a hell of a game. our secondary has guys that can at least COVER the other team.
Old 01-05-2005, 05:35 PM   #19
ocelot_ark
Diamond Member

ocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud of

I don't know if Auburn's offense would have scored anymore points than OU, but they sure as hell wouldn't have surrendered that many points. Auburn's got the best defense in college football (regardless of stats).
Old 01-05-2005, 05:36 PM   #20
Mandyahl
Diamond Member

Mandyahl will become famous soon enoughMandyahl will become famous soon enough

whew, at least the pac-10 got some redemption after usc's complete domination. entro, you can say auburn would hang with usc all you want, but i think pretty much everyone knows that they wouldn't, especially after last night. usc is just incredible...no other way to say it.

and, lest anyone forget, mike williams, usc's best wide receiver, was ineligible the whole season because of the whole draft fiasco. and usc just continues to pull in incredible recruiting classes...say what you will, but players would rather play in southern california than in oklahoma or alabama.

now i will just go glory in the fact that stanford was the closest team to usc all year...they only beat us by 3. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]