Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > The Lounge

Old 06-14-2007, 01:21 PM   #1
MavsX
Diamond Member

MavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond repute
Arrow WOLFMOTHER

Hi guys. There is a band from Australia named Wolfmother, and they rock the house. They are a rock band and surprisingly sound a lot like Led Zeppelin. I actually saw this band at a festival called "Virgin Fest" last summer('06) Anyway i have been rocking them non-stop at my work during the day, so i thought i would spread the wealth and tell the world to try them out. I know some people have heard of them but they are awesome, and i recommend them to boys and girls and kids of all ages.(not really, but maybe)

Now, discuss....
MavsX is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-14-2007, 02:04 PM   #2
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

can they place this shrimp on the barby for me?

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2007, 02:40 PM   #3
DubOverdose
Diamond Member

DubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant future

Good band. I think we already have a thread on them. Speaking of bands from Australia, check out John Butler Trio. They're AWESOME. Its a different sound, mostly accoustic, a little funk, etc. I've been rocking out to them for a year and a half now. Just saw them play Tuesday night at House of Blues in Dallas.
DubOverdose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2007, 03:07 PM   #4
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

u2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond repute

White Unicorn is awesome
Old 06-14-2007, 03:19 PM   #5
bernardos70
Diamond Member

bernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond repute

She's gonna set you freeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee yeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah
*fast guitar licks*

Very cool band, very easy song to play on the guitar.
Old 06-14-2007, 03:26 PM   #6
MavsX
Diamond Member

MavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DubOverdose
Good band. I think we already have a thread on them. Speaking of bands from Australia, check out John Butler Trio. They're AWESOME. Its a different sound, mostly accoustic, a little funk, etc. I've been rocking out to them for a year and a half now. Just saw them play Tuesday night at House of Blues in Dallas.
no other thread on them, i searched the forum before hand. They are mentioned in the "whats spinning in your Car thread", and i mentioned them in that giant picture of bands by BBL,

EDIT: i am just trying to spread the holy gospel word according to Andrew Stockdale . (lead singer and guitar)

Last edited by MavsX; 06-14-2007 at 03:28 PM.
Old 06-15-2007, 02:56 PM   #7
SaltwaterChaffy
Platinum Member

SaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud ofSaltwaterChaffy has much to be proud of

Love Train, Woman, and The Joker and the Thief kick ass. Remind me of Zep a bit. I like 'em.

SaltwaterChaffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2007, 04:02 PM   #8
Just211
Platinum Member

Just211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to all

good band, sounds a lot like led zep meets white stripes.
Old 06-15-2007, 09:23 PM   #9
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

So I can download Wolfmother(2006) or Dimensions(2005). Suggestions? Here is the list of favorite songs.

Woman
White Unicorn
Joker and the thief
Pleased to Meet You

Hmm...just listened to a few. I've heard woman before.

They sound a little bit like Styx to me.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2007, 10:17 PM   #10
MavsX
Diamond Member

well i know wolfmother 2006 is their main release

i am not sure what dimensions is. i am pretty sure they only have 1 album out!
Old 06-16-2007, 01:28 PM   #11
MavsX
Diamond Member

watch this video, it rocks

http://www.ifilm.com/video/2771047
Old 06-16-2007, 09:19 PM   #12
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by MavsX
well i know wolfmother 2006 is their main release

i am not sure what dimensions is. i am pretty sure they only have 1 album out!
No Yahoo Music had two albums. Listening to them today they seem sort of like a cross between Styx and Ozzie.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wolfmother#Albums
Quote:
EPs

* Wolfmother EP (2004) – #35 Australia
* Dimensions (2006)

[edit] Singles
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2007, 10:40 PM   #13
MavsX
Diamond Member

hmm...i'll have to check them out. Thanks.
Old 06-17-2007, 11:06 AM   #14
mqywaaah
Diamond Member

mqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant futuremqywaaah has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by sike
can they place this shrimp on the barby for me?

You betcha! They definitely could! hahaha

Follow me on Twitter http://twitter.com/gloriosomacky
mqywaaah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2007, 11:54 AM   #15
MavsX
Diamond Member

alright so wolfmother released a DVD of a concert plus some bonus stuff. It just came out a few weeks ago. I read a review and the guy said "this is the closest thing to actually being at the concert, i've been twice." Thats what he said, I MavsX have been to 1 wolfmother concert, so i figured i'd get the DVD.

Anyway i bought it its being shipped as we speak from amazon.com

here is a link to the item.

http://www.amazon.com/Please-Experie...6700854&sr=8-2