Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Around the NBA

Old 01-11-2006, 09:48 AM   #1
kg_veteran
Old School Balla

kg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond repute
Default Carmelo Anthony -- All-Star?

Carmelo Anthony is really playing some ball lately (particularly in crunch-time), which led me to pose this question:

Is he an All-Star?

He won't be a starter, because it appears those honors will go to McGrady and either Garnett or Duncan. One would assume that both Garnett and Duncan are making it either way. Nowitzki is a lock to make the team as well. That's 4 forwards. The other serious candidates for reserve spots are Gasol, Brand, Marion. Unfortunately, I think Carmelo gets edged out, because all of those guys are having great years -- but you never know.

Thoughts?

***This thread is dedicated to dirno2000.***
Old 01-11-2006, 09:54 AM   #2
aexchange
Boom goes the Dynamite!

aexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant future

think brand and marion get the nods. marion and brand have both been studs.
aexchange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2006, 10:39 AM   #3
MavsFanFinley
Guru

MavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond repute

Melo is playing like one this year but I think he gets left off because of other guys KG mentioned.
Old 01-11-2006, 10:53 AM   #4
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute
Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by aexchange
think brand and marion get the nods. marion and brand have both been studs.
bingo

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2006, 11:01 AM   #5
Stranger
Golden Member

Stranger is a name known to allStranger is a name known to allStranger is a name known to allStranger is a name known to allStranger is a name known to allStranger is a name known to allStranger is a name known to allStranger is a name known to allStranger is a name known to allStranger is a name known to allStranger is a name known to all

There are so many great forwards in the West. Could the coaches add Carmello as an alternate guard? He can play shooting guard when necessary, and he really deserves to go to the game this year.
Stranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2006, 11:11 AM   #6
dirno2000
Diamond Member

dirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks KG. He’s starting to look like the player I thought he’d be when he pretty much single handedly knocked TJ and the Longhorns out of the final four.

This is a tough one. As good as his number look now, they look even better when you consider that he got off to a relatively slow start. Look at the last two months:

December:
29.3 pts
5.3 reb
47% fro the field
11.1 FTA's per game

Jan:
27.2 pts
7 reb
49% from the field
8.8 fta's

He definitely playing like an All-Star. His problem (and this is the problem for all the borderline forwards) is that the league moved McGrady to forward on the ballot. There are now too many good forwards in the West.

Of the top of my head I’d take Nash, Bryant, Parker and Allen at guard spots. That leaves 8 open positions. If Yao or Camby aren’t healthy enough to play then it’s easy because you have 4 forwards that are 7 footers and can play center. If they both play then I’d send Duncan, Dirk, Garnett, Gasol, and Marion. That leaves Anthony and Brand. I’d break the tie by sending the player from the team with the better record.

I have a feeing that one of the centers or McGrady won’t be able to play so it may not be an issue.
Old 01-11-2006, 11:34 AM   #7
kg_veteran
Old School Balla

kg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond repute

dirno- Let's hope so. I was one who was a HUGE fan of Anthony's game after the NCAA title run, then I kind of soured on his ability to do more than score well at the pro level. He has made a believer out of me again. He is knocking down clutch shots over and over again, and he's really starting to lead his team. If they weren't devastated by injuries, they'd be a pretty formidable team.
Old 01-11-2006, 01:07 PM   #8
DubOverdose
Diamond Member

DubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant future

TMac might be out for the ASG, so it could create a spot for Melo to fill in. We'll just have to wait and see who is healthy come all star break.
DubOverdose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2006, 02:09 PM   #9
DeusDeOmini
Banned

DeusDeOmini is infamous around these partsDeusDeOmini is infamous around these partsDeusDeOmini is infamous around these partsDeusDeOmini is infamous around these partsDeusDeOmini is infamous around these parts

I think Pau and Marion deserve it more. That makes it tough, even if t-mac can't play, you have:
KG
TD
Dirk
Pau
Marion

plus
Nash
Kobe
Allen
Parker

Then
Camby
Yao

That leaves one spot for Brand/Melo/AK47/Okur

I guess if Camby or Yao can't play he'll make it, otherwise I doubt it.
DeusDeOmini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2006, 04:14 PM   #10
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Dtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant future

Though the All Star game doesn't determine the best players in the league they've got to find a spot for Elton Brand. He's been getting screwed over every year he's been in the league.
Dtownsfinest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2006, 05:23 PM   #11
V2M
Diamond Member

V2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to beholdV2M is a splendid one to behold

I agree with the thought that Melo should be taken in as a SG. Brand & Marion are having a great year and I'd put 'em ahead of Melo as Forwards.
V2M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2006, 03:28 PM   #12
alby
Guru

alby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond repute

tmac yao and camby will not be playing most likely

this gives melo a spot on the team

Contact Me
Twitter: www.twitter.com/alnguyen84
Facebook: www.facebook.com/alnguyen84
alby is offline   Reply With Quote