Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Around the NBA

Old 01-12-2006, 10:12 PM   #1
TripleDipping
Diamond Member

TripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud of
Default Spurs VS. Pistons

Seems like Pistons are heading for the season sweep. Too bad we lost yesterday... sigh.
TripleDipping is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-12-2006, 10:28 PM   #2
Bookit
Diamond Member

Bookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud ofBookit has much to be proud of

The Spurs got crushed...at home. Yep, the Mavs blew it last night. Ughh.
Bookit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2006, 10:30 PM   #3
TripleDipping
Diamond Member

TripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud of

Is it me or has Detroit figured SA out? Both games this season were low scoring bore fests. Seems almost like Detroit is beating SA at its' own game.
Old 01-12-2006, 10:39 PM   #4
dirno2000
Diamond Member

dirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond repute

I really hope that Avery can get some consistency out of his team because the Spurs are ripe for the picking.

It's clear that Duncan isn't himself and plantar faciatis(sp) doesn't just magically disappear.

That West is ours for the taking if we want it.
Old 01-12-2006, 10:42 PM   #5
MavsFanFinley
Guru

MavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond repute

I can't imagine what must be going through Pop's head. The Pistons have manhandled the Spurs this season. The Spurs might have made a run but it's like Detroit was just toying with them.

I've watched both games and it's amazing how flat the Spurs have played against them. They've been outhustled and outrebounded. You can almost excuse missed shots but to come out completely flat against a team that is going to bring it is just terrible.

Finley has been terrible offensively the last 5 games. Pop's said he'll put Manu back in the starting lineup and was surprised he didn't do so tonight. They need that energy from the start and no one is better at it than Ginobli. Fin did a good job while Manu was out but he wasn't brought in to start and no way Pop can justify starting Fin over Manu now that he's healthy.

Pop reminds me of Nellie this year. He's toying with rotations and using different lineups game to game. He's treating Nazr like Bradley even though he makes a difference in the game. You have to wonder at what point Pop nails down the rotation and sticks with it. It's like guys don't know their roles. Not to mention that Pop isn't sticking with what he knows works and is making adjustments based on what the other coach is doing.

As Dirno said, the Mavs need to make there move now because they need to before the Spurs figure it out. No better time than now to overtake them.

Last edited by MavsFanFinley; 01-12-2006 at 10:44 PM.
MavsFanFinley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2006, 10:44 PM   #6
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Yea the spurs boards are ripping Mike and Little Nicky big-time. But whaddya' expect from fans.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2006, 10:48 PM   #7
MavsFanFinley
Guru

MavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond repute

NVE has been terrible all year. I just fear he'll follow in Horry's footsteps and bring it playoff time.

Fin has had stretches where he played well despite poor shooting and stepped up when Manu was out but he's been crap the last 5 games offensively. It's just like it was here when he was on he was the man and when he wasn't he was junk.
Old 01-12-2006, 11:08 PM   #8
TripleDipping
Diamond Member

The Spurs will play a home-and-home series with Memphis next and I fully expect them to lose one. Time for the Mavs to gain a tie.

Yeah, pretty short-sighted, I know.
Old 01-12-2006, 11:51 PM   #9
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Dtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant future

I've been watching the Spurs a lot this season and it seems they are still trying to figure it out. By no means is that team finished developing. I suppose this is how it always is with the Spurs though. Usually takes it easy at the beginning of the season and like MFF said, Pop toys with his lineup I guess to figure out which works better for him. Pistons are playing great ball. As of right now they're the best team in the league without question. Everyone says their winning is a fluke because they are facing teams with bad records but you can't deny a Spurs team who has one of the best records in the NBA. The Pistons are playing some great ball. I do think the Pistons have hit their peak though. I don't think they can play any better than they currently are. I don't think you can say the same for the Spurs, Mavs, Grizz or Suns. I think all 4 of those teams will be getting better as the season goes on. Sucks Mavs lost last night. WTF is up with us losing everytime the Spurs lose? And this isn't something that just started happening. It happens every year it seems.
Dtownsfinest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2006, 12:04 AM   #10
DubOverdose
Diamond Member

DubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant future

Too bad we lost last night.
DubOverdose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2006, 12:06 AM   #11
MavsFanFinley
Guru

Dtownsfinest, you're right. It's not just this year that the Mavs have failed to take advantage of Spurs losses. It's disappointing to see them come up a couple games short of winning the division.

The Pistons are the only team I've seen the Spurs have zero answers for.

We might not want to believe it but you figure the Spurs will figure it out and start playing like they've done in the past. I keep hearing that they have that big road trip coming up but isn't that when they typically put it all together and make their run?

If the Mavs can't take over they must win 1 or both of those games in SA. That might be tough to do.
Old 01-13-2006, 04:09 AM   #12
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Thespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by MavsFanFinley
D
If the Mavs can't take over they must win 1 or both of those games in SA. That might be tough to do.
I worry that's what it'll come down to, those two games... Still, I firmly believe that the Spurs are going down this year.
Thespiralgoeson is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2006, 11:09 AM   #13
George Gervin

George Gervin is infamous around these partsGeorge Gervin is infamous around these partsGeorge Gervin is infamous around these partsGeorge Gervin is infamous around these parts

we played soft and got our a$$es handed to us again. no excuses. we will not win the western conference if we continue to play soft and with less than 100% energy. the secret's out on how to beat the spurs. don't double duncan and sag all the other guys towards the lane. make parker a perimiter player (if you can call him that) and watch him go game after game without 1 assist. Oh by the way please don't pass this on to avery.. deal?
George Gervin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2006, 11:21 AM   #14
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point

The Spurs are probably suffering from Mavs-itis of the past. They seem (like someone said above) to be having difficulty having their players on the court at the same time and finding their set rotations. Plus, Duncan being at about 75% hasn't helped.

The Spurs will have to improve greatly if they expect to win a championship this year. Of course, they could just as easily turn it on in the playoffs, but that is unlikely.

Last edited by Drbio; 01-13-2006 at 11:21 AM.
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2006, 12:25 PM   #15
vjz

vjz is just really nicevjz is just really nicevjz is just really nicevjz is just really nicevjz is just really nicevjz is just really nice

The Pistons look pretty awesome. They look to be on a mission. Flip Saunders has figured out how to use the team effectively, and they could win 70 games.

I hope our loss to the Knicks shows our team that we need to play 48 minutes, not just the last 10 minutes.
vjz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2006, 03:32 PM   #16
alby
Guru

alby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond repute

the spurs have not yet hit their stride (neither have the mavs)
while detroit is peaking early

no big deal

Contact Me
Twitter: www.twitter.com/alnguyen84
Facebook: www.facebook.com/alnguyen84
alby is offline   Reply With Quote