Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

View Poll Results: What happens with Noel?
Gets a contract from us 15 78.95%
Agrees to QO, re-signs with us next season 2 10.53%
Agrees to QO, re-signs with someone else next season 1 5.26%
Gets a contract Mavs don't match 1 5.26%
Voters: 19. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-23-2017, 03:14 PM   #1
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Thespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac222b View Post
If Nerlens is in our long term plans it behooves us to make him feel as wanted, respected and appreciated as possible.
If he's the kind of player who- as a 22 year old with very pedestrian numbers and no career accomplishments whatsoever- would get his feathers ruffled by coming off the bench behind an all-time great, then he's headcase who doesn't deserve to be in the NBA, and the Mavs just made a mistake in acquiring him.
Thespiralgoeson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2017, 03:19 PM   #2
mac222b
Diamond Member

mac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thespiralgoeson View Post
If he's the kind of player who- as a 22 year old with very pedestrian numbers and no career accomplishments whatsoever- would get his feathers ruffled by coming off the bench behind an all-time great, then he's headcase who doesn't deserve to be in the NBA, and the Mavs just made a mistake in acquiring him.
I wouldn't say he has very pedestrian numbers. Defensively his numbers are quite good. For a big his steal numbers are Olajuwon great(in somewhat small sample size). He's a real rim protector.

Who knows whether it'd ruffle his feathers? Why start off the relationship on a weird foot? What's the upside in him coming off the bench other than continuity for this seasons "playoff push". We aren't paying him 20M per year this summer to come off the bench. So he'll be a starter next season at latest anyway.

Last edited by mac222b; 02-23-2017 at 03:20 PM.
mac222b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2017, 03:26 PM   #3
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Thespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac222b View Post
I wouldn't say he has very pedestrian numbers. Defensively his numbers are quite good. For a big his steal numbers are Olajuwon great(in somewhat small sample size). He's a real rim protector.
He's a fine young player, and I'm happy we got him, but when I say pedestrian, I mean they're simply nice. He's a nice piece of a young core. He's not a star. Not now, and I don't think he will be.

Quote:
Who knows whether it'd ruffle his feathers? Why start off the relationship on a weird foot?
I'm saying it's a silly thing to worry about. If that's the kind of thing would bother him, then he's an idiot and a locker room cancer, and the mavs should get rid of him ASAP. Only stars have the right to be offended by coming off the bench, and he aint no star. Now if you want to argue that it just makes more basketball sense to have him start for X's and O's reasons, I can buy that. But worrying about his ego being bruised? Doesn't make sense to me.
Thespiralgoeson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2017, 03:20 PM   #4
NewMexiMav

NewMexiMav is a splendid one to beholdNewMexiMav is a splendid one to beholdNewMexiMav is a splendid one to beholdNewMexiMav is a splendid one to beholdNewMexiMav is a splendid one to beholdNewMexiMav is a splendid one to beholdNewMexiMav is a splendid one to beholdNewMexiMav is a splendid one to beholdNewMexiMav is a splendid one to beholdNewMexiMav is a splendid one to beholdNewMexiMav is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thespiralgoeson View Post
I don't disagree with you, but please let's all keep the vibes positive right now. You're giving me Rondo flashbacks!
NewMexiMav is offline   Reply With Quote