Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 05-11-2002, 10:27 PM   #1
Bayliss

Bayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond repute

Here's what I propose for Game 5....

Raef/Bradley, Dirk/Najera, Fin, Buck/Griff, Nash/NVE

No more two point guards at the same time.

As bad as Dirk is defensively sometimes, Nash and NVE are ten times worse than Dirk. And besides that both of them aren't very good rebounders.

So if we always have Buck/Griff on the court then perhaps we can shut down one of their guards **and** get help on the boards.

Whatwould you use for game 5?
Bayliss is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-11-2002, 10:59 PM   #2
MavsFanFinley
Guru

MavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond repute

I agree with that Bayliss.

I'd like to see a starting lineup of Raef (Bradley-Wang), Dirk (Najera), Fin (Griffin), Nash (NVE) and Buckner (Griffin) assuming Peja is a no go for game 5 and Jackson starts in his place again.

If Peja starts, then I'd insert Griffin at sf and move Fin to sg.

But, Nelson needs to realize that the 2 point guard lineup isn't working and keep Griffin/Buckner in there at all times unless foul trouble dictates otherwise.
Old 05-12-2002, 12:18 AM   #3
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

I'd like to see.

Let's look at the matchups...

Divac - Raef (or Bradley/Evan)
Weber - Dirk (here is where we really miss Najera)
Hedo - ???
Christie - Finley
Bibby - Steve

The ???? is where we run into trouble. I would like to see someone like Bradley/Evan playing Divac. Let Raef move with weber. Dirk plays Hedo. Gives us the "biggest" lineup. I would like to see Shawn go ahead and play Divac straight up.

If we put griffin in then Grif plays Christie, Finley plays Hedo. Not to bad as well.

"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2002, 04:29 PM   #4
Lvubun1

Lvubun1 is on a distinguished road

<< Here's what I propose for Game 5....

Raef/Bradley, Dirk/Najera, Fin, Buck/Griff, Nash/NVE

No more two point guards at the same time.

As bad as Dirk is defensively sometimes, Nash and NVE are ten times worse than Dirk. And besides that both of them aren't very good rebounders.

So if we always have Buck/Griff on the court then perhaps we can shut down one of their guards **and** get help on the boards.

Whatwould you use for game 5?
>>

I partly agree, I would stick with the big 5 starting though, I don't think its too wierd that the first time Nellie started the big 5 in the playoffs, we finally got off to a good start. With Buck or Griff its way to risky because if we fall behind in the 1st quarter at Sac in a elimation game, its over. I do agree that most of the time atleast one of them should be in, depending on the situation. In the first half Nick and Nash were doing a pretty good job on defense, Bibby was in single digits and Jackson was 2-6, then they just got hot. I'm still not sure it made a difference who was guarding them, Jackson still scored 4 more points when Nick was pulled and Bibby still took it on Finley in OT and Jackson didn't even score in OT. They still played horrible defense but I agree with Mike Fisher, if the Mavs go out they should go out firing with all cylinders blazing not on a hunch or depending on Griff or Buck to win the series for us.
Lvubun1 is offline   Reply With Quote