Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > The Lounge

Old 07-29-2006, 09:28 PM   #1
XERXES
Diamond Member

XERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud of
Default Lost: Season 3 (SEXREX)

Any word on Season 3? I think that the first episode is the first Wed in October.

I read that Kate will "choose" (I presume her choice is romantic in nature) during the first 6 episodes. I also read we will see more of the black vapor and polar bears...and that season 3 will deal alot with the mythology of the Island. I also read that "Locke" is a changed man after proving that the reset button did, in fact, matter.

No word yet on whether on Boone will return and kick Sike's ass.
Old 07-29-2006, 11:35 PM   #2
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

I'm trying to read as little as possible. All I care about is that they are consistent with their new episodes, putting them in big chunks, which they say they are going to do.

I am pumped.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2006, 07:22 AM   #3
XERXES
Diamond Member

XERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthig32

I am pumped.
I can't ever remember being this eager for the new season of a series to begin...except maybe this time last year.
Old 07-30-2006, 10:12 AM   #4
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

Big Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond repute

yep, i'm still pumped, but have't read anything. I stopped reading spoilers about the middle of season 2, and i am SO HAPPY i did.

Last edited by Big Boy Laroux; 07-30-2006 at 10:12 AM.
Big Boy Laroux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2006, 08:45 AM   #5
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by XERXES
Any word on Season 3? I think that the first episode is the first Wed in October.

I read that Kate will "choose" (I presume her choice is romantic in nature) during the first 6 episodes. I also read we will see more of the black vapor and polar bears...and that season 3 will deal alot with the mythology of the Island. I also read that "Locke" is a changed man after proving that the reset button did, in fact, matter.
very interesting stuff....I thought the main failure of season 2 was the moving away from the "supernatural"...if season three as more of it....that will be a good turn.

Quote:
No word yet on whether on Boone will return and kick Sike's ass.
please..that guy's real name is Ian...there is no way a Twerp named Ian could even come close to my level of badtothaboneness...wait...he IS a ghost...I havn't fought a ghost in some time...he just might have the upper hand... nah....I'll just lift up a mirror and his own horrible acting skills will banish him off to the world of the dead!

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2006, 08:50 AM   #6
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Boy Laroux
yep, i'm still pumped, but have't read anything. I stopped reading spoilers about the middle of season 2, and i am SO HAPPY i did.
good for you BBL, I just can't seem to show the same restraint....

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
Old 07-31-2006, 10:00 PM   #7
XERXES
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sike
good for you BBL, I just can't seem to show the same retaint....
ummm. ok.
Old 07-31-2006, 10:19 PM   #8
sike
The Preacha

Wink

Quote:
ummm. ok.
you sir are a little man. *restraint*.....

Old 07-31-2006, 11:04 PM   #9
XERXES
Diamond Member

if by little you mean "6'0, 185lbs, with an alarmingly high IQ, and stunning good looks..." well, then I guess you're right...
Old 07-31-2006, 11:15 PM   #10
sike
The Preacha

6' 185....a little beefy i see? I guess that way that special mr. in your life has something to grab onto...

"stunning good looks" did make me smile though...so you do get a gold star!

Old 07-31-2006, 11:32 PM   #11
XERXES
Diamond Member

185 isn't beefy! sheesh!
Old 07-31-2006, 11:33 PM   #12
sike
The Preacha

well you sound beefy....thats what I'm going on!

triple sheesh.

Old 08-01-2006, 09:37 AM   #13
XERXES
Diamond Member

well- you sound like you need an ear tuck- so that's what i'm going on!
Old 08-01-2006, 09:47 AM   #14
sike
The Preacha

Smile

Quote:
well- you sound like you need an ear tuck- so that's what i'm going on!
I've never denied this.....

fatty.

Old 08-01-2006, 09:48 AM   #15
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

u2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond repute

You know, I love the show Lost even more because at least I know that keeps the X man coming back to his d-m home in the Summer.

I have refused to read any kind of spoilers, I was squeemish coming in here but am glad to see everyone is doing pretty much the same thing. I created a hosts file that blocks all the popular spoiler sites so I can't go to them (well, points them to the localhost address.... giggle).
Old 08-01-2006, 09:52 AM   #16
sike
The Preacha

that is pretty extreme, U2. I love the commitment to the greatest show on Television!

Old 08-01-2006, 09:53 AM   #17
fluid.forty.one

fluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond repute

I wish I would have gotten into this show a little sooner, it's pretty much too late now.. I always feel "lost" when I watch it
fluid.forty.one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2006, 10:06 AM   #18
XERXES
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fluid.forty.one
I wish I would have gotten into this show a little sooner, it's pretty much too late now.. I always feel "lost" when I watch it
you should rent the first season on dvd (the release of the 2nd season is imminent)...it's so worth it.

or you could invite sike over to your house and get free direct tv.

Last edited by XERXES; 08-01-2006 at 10:06 AM.
XERXES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2006, 10:08 AM   #19
fluid.forty.one

fluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond repute

If season 2 is coming out on dvd before season 3 stars airing, I might just do that.
Old 08-01-2006, 10:10 AM   #20
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by fluid.forty.one
If season 2 is coming out on dvd before season 3 stars airing, I might just do that.
It is. They do it for people like you, that are interested but want to catch up before the new season starts.

Or you could be like me and have the entire 1st and 2nd seasons sitting on your hard drive.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
Old 08-01-2006, 10:12 AM   #21
fluid.forty.one

Yeah lol. Well I know hollywood video rents out tv show dvds, hopefully they will have all the discs.. I don't really feel like dropping $100 to catch up on a tv show.
Old 08-01-2006, 10:12 AM   #22
sike
The Preacha

ffo, if you want to be amazed by a show...go drop a little coin and buy, don't rent, the first season...watch on a marathon tv weekend and let us know what you think...you'll be amased at this show's ability to keep drawing you deeper into the rabbit hole...

speaking of rabbit hole...wheres that lovegoat guy???

well, you can get season one for like 25 bucks on ebay (I did) and I can honestly say this show is worth every penny.

Last edited by sike; 08-01-2006 at 10:14 AM.
Old 08-01-2006, 10:44 AM   #23
fluid.forty.one

Damn you for just talking me into spending money I'll go pick it up later today.
Old 08-01-2006, 11:29 AM   #24
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

Big Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond repute

season 1 is only like 30 bucks, i think. maybe 40.
Old 08-01-2006, 04:00 PM   #25
sike
The Preacha

like I said....its cheap on the greatness of ebay!

Old 08-01-2006, 04:02 PM   #26
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

i don't buy used DVDs or CDs. i just bargain hunt for the new ones.
Old 08-01-2006, 04:13 PM   #27
sike
The Preacha

bought mine new...for $25 including shipping...

Old 08-01-2006, 04:41 PM   #28
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

LIAR!
Old 08-05-2006, 08:20 AM   #29
sike
The Preacha

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Boy Laroux
LIAR!
just saw this...very funny!

and yes...I am a compulsive liar....I've already lied 3 times in this post!

dang....I have to wait till october for L3???? dang,dang,dang,dang,dang!

Old 09-26-2006, 11:03 PM   #30
mary
Troll Hunter

mary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond repute

Bumping to remind everyone of the recap episode tomorrow.

"I don't know what went wrong," said guard Thabo Sefolosha. "It's hard to talk about it."
mary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2006, 11:36 PM   #31
sike
The Preacha

Quote:
Originally Posted by mary
Bumping to remind everyone of the recap episode tomorrow.
i hate recaps....

but somehow I will love this one..."grease me up woman!!!"

Old 09-27-2006, 03:20 PM   #32
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

Interesting thing at Ed Bark's blog. Apparantly Lost flip flopped its 2nd and 3rd episodes. Weird.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
Old 09-27-2006, 03:36 PM   #33
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

u2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond repute

Update on days to season opener: 7
Old 09-28-2006, 01:23 AM   #34
sike
The Preacha

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by u2sarajevo
Update on days to season opener: 7
uhhh, I think you mean 6 partner!

Old 09-28-2006, 01:26 AM   #35
sike
The Preacha

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthig32
Interesting thing at Ed Bark's blog. Apparantly Lost flip flopped its 2nd and 3rd episodes. Weird.
did I read that correctly....is Taye Diggs hooking up for a few episodes?

Old 09-28-2006, 08:07 AM   #36
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by sike
did I read that correctly....is Taye Diggs hooking up for a few episodes?
No, you misread.

Lost will air 6 new episodes, then take a 13 week break while a series starring Taye Diggs runs in its place.

Then, Lost will come back during sweeps in February and supposedly run without interruption until the end of the season.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
Old 09-28-2006, 08:48 AM   #37
mary
Troll Hunter

mary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond repute

I watched the recap last night. That was Henry narrating, right? He must've used the word "Lost" a hundred times...it was halfway funny/halfway annoying. It was funnoying.

*snap*

That's all I got.

"I don't know what went wrong," said guard Thabo Sefolosha. "It's hard to talk about it."
mary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2006, 08:36 AM   #38
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

Ummmm..... 2 days, 11 hours, 24 minutes.....
Old 10-02-2006, 09:30 AM   #39
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

this... season... looks... awesome...
Old 10-02-2006, 09:41 AM   #40
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

Any dibs on who, if any, of the original 14 bite it this year?

Still Island bound:
Jack
Sawyer
Charlie
Sayid
Hurley
Claire
Kate
Jin
Sun
Locke

Whispering with the Others in the woods:
Boone
Shannon

Escaped the Island..... or did they?
Michael
Walt

I have a feeling none of the originals will die this year. If they kill Kate or Claire there would be too much revolt from the male fans. Sawyer, Jack, or Sayid and the females would be upset.

The only "spoilerish" thing I heard about the upcoming season is that: (highlight to reveal)

This season is mostly about relationships, less about Island mystery

Last edited by u2sarajevo; 10-02-2006 at 09:41 AM.
u2sarajevo is offline   Reply With Quote