Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 11-25-2009, 11:08 PM   #1
Fidel
Diamond Member

Fidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to behold
Default The Mavs can win it all!

Sure this might be premature and not threadworthy and whatever. I don´t care. I don´t post as much as I used to, but with all the bickering about JJB and midgetball I just wanted to say that I´m really impressed by the team so far. I´m following the Mavs since Dirk got here and never, at no point did they have a team that was as deep and most important as well assembled as the current one. Not even in the Dirk, Nash, Fin days.

This current team is actually ten deep with quality players when everybody is healthy. Our second unit could probably hang with some starting rosters in this league. Finally the FO managed to fill the needs this team had in the offseason. The performance of Gooden and Thomas might come as a surprise for some (Gooden me included, I hated him, but now he plays hard every night and I can´t believe it). But actually every player we aquired fills a need for this team. Marion basicly everything: scoring, toughness, good D, finishing. Gooden scoring downlow and rebounding. Thomas 3 point shooting. And Roddy speed and defense on the perimeter (and he should get even better with time).

Overall if we can stay relatively healthy the near future looks really good. Dirk and the other guys might finally get the ring they so much deserve (man I´d be so happy for Dirk).

So thats it. I´m really excited and very much looking forward to the season unfolding.
Fidel is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-25-2009, 11:16 PM   #2
xrobx
Diamond Member

xrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond reputexrobx has a reputation beyond repute

i want to believe that soooooo much. but every time i start they have a game like the warriors game or first spurs game, losing a game they have no business losing.

IF and this is a huge IF, we ever can get to full strength with everyone healthy and stay that way. we might be deep enough to pull it off.
xrobx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2009, 11:19 PM   #3
sefant77
Guru

sefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond repute

Looks like health will be always an issue and interior defense is still one.
sefant77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2009, 11:30 PM   #4
Fidel
Diamond Member

Fidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by sefant77 View Post
Looks like health will be always an issue and interior defense is still one.
Marion should be ok, and Damp who knows. JHo will allways have issues, we just have to get lucky in the playoffs. even with his limitations, he´s really important because he´s the easiest cure for midgetball. Although I think a lineup with Kidd, Roddy, Terry might work really well once Roddy really gets going. Kidd can defend the stronger guy, he´s actually good at that, Roddy the faster guy and Terry can just run around wildly and scream ;-)
Old 11-25-2009, 11:33 PM   #5
nikeball
Platinum Member

nikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond repute

Old 11-25-2009, 11:43 PM   #6
fluid.forty.one

fluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond repute

A 31 point win is nice and all but let's tap the breaks a little. They did, after all, just lose to the 6 stooges last night.
fluid.forty.one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2009, 11:54 PM   #7
Thomas86
Golden Member

Thomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to all

Marcus Camby

15 Pts, 21 Rebs, 3 Assists vs. Pacers

I think Marcus would be the last peace to this team in order for them to make some noise in the playoffs, Camby would provide some interior defense and shot blocking and he also has a expiring contract.

Last edited by Thomas86; 11-25-2009 at 11:55 PM.
Thomas86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2009, 11:59 PM   #8
mavs777
Diamond Member

mavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant future

I think we could for sure but 1 of 2 things have to happen we absolutley have to be healthy playoff time (this include JHO) or we need to make a trade to get a legit starting center, if we do that wouldn't be surprised to then see Damp moved.
mavs777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2009, 11:59 PM   #9
sefant77
Guru

sefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond repute

Clippers shot 32% and Pacers 37%, there was so many bricks to get...even B. Rush got 11.

Last edited by sefant77; 11-26-2009 at 12:00 AM.
sefant77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2009, 12:04 AM   #10
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by fluid.forty.one View Post
A 31 point win is nice and all but let's tap the breaks a little. They did, after all, just lose to the 6 stooges last night.
That's what I was thinking when I wandered in here.

But how's come everybody says "breaks" when the things on your car are "brakes?"

Tap the brakes, my man!
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2009, 12:22 AM   #11
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

I certainly believe that the Mavs can win it all, but that has more to do with me being a huge homer than the win tonight.

"Your'e a low-mentality drama gay queen!!" -- She_Growls
LonghornDub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2009, 12:28 AM   #12
fluid.forty.one

fluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by chumdawg View Post
That's what I was thinking when I wandered in here.

But how's come everybody says "breaks" when the things on your car are "brakes?"

Tap the brakes, my man!
haha doh! you're right.
fluid.forty.one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2009, 12:31 AM   #13
Dirkadirkastan
Diamond Member

Dirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond repute

The Mavs are better than most people think. That's good enough for me in November.
Dirkadirkastan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2009, 12:36 AM   #14
walter

walter is just really nicewalter is just really nicewalter is just really nicewalter is just really nicewalter is just really nicewalter is just really nice

The guys seem to have a problem bringing their A game against the scrub teams, but it's hard to not get excited about this depth.....

Dirk
Kidd
Terry
Marion
Howard
Dampier
Gooden
Thomas
Barea
Roddy
Humphries
Ross

That's 12 guys that can give legit, quality minutes. Didn't even list Singleton, who can also contribute when called upon. Let's just hope we can get healthy by playoff time.
walter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2009, 01:19 AM   #15
Fidel
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornDub View Post
I certainly believe that the Mavs can win it all, but that has more to do with me being a huge homer than the win tonight.
Actually my post/thread had nothing to do with the win tonight. Just a general feeling I have after the first couple games. I think the FO finally managed to adress some of the weaknesses, and we really are a very deep team. I took the thread title just to create attention, I basicly agree with everyone who said "let´s tap the breaks". Of course it´s early, I´m just excited about the team this year.

Oh and to the board Nazis who tagged this as "thread diarhea" or "thread fail": .. .... ........
Old 11-26-2009, 01:38 AM   #16
FINtastic
Diamond Member

FINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond repute

Screw it, I'm on board. Let's go win us a championship!

"Ok, Go Mavericks!"
-Avery Johnson
FINtastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2009, 01:42 AM   #17
badfish22
Golden Member

badfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by FINtastic View Post
Screw it, I'm on board. Let's go win us a championship!
ahh what the heck! mys well!

BEAT LA
badfish22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2009, 06:11 AM   #18
left texas
Golden Member

left texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond repute

All the way!! Hey man, you got to believe!
left texas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2009, 10:36 AM   #19
Emjo21

Emjo21 is on a distinguished road

me believes as well (hoping that GSW game wouldn't happen again EVER)
Emjo21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2009, 10:42 AM   #20
DirktyBlue

DirktyBlue is just really niceDirktyBlue is just really niceDirktyBlue is just really niceDirktyBlue is just really niceDirktyBlue is just really niceDirktyBlue is just really nice

we have a nice team, but to me the keys for going deep into the playoffs are

1) How quickly Roddy develops
2) Howard getting back to the lineup and understanding his role
3) Damp having a monster season
DirktyBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2009, 10:46 AM   #21
Emjo21

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirktyBlue View Post
we have a nice team, but to me the keys for going deep into the playoffs are

1) How quickly Roddy develops
2) Howard getting back to the lineup and understanding his role
3) Damp having a monster season
Do we have a backup plan in case no. 3 doesn't pan out?
Old 11-29-2009, 11:22 AM   #22
DirktyBlue

DirktyBlue is just really niceDirktyBlue is just really niceDirktyBlue is just really niceDirktyBlue is just really niceDirktyBlue is just really niceDirktyBlue is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emjo21 View Post
Do we have a backup plan in case no. 3 doesn't pan out?
We saw how good our backup plan was yesterday.
DirktyBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2009, 06:00 PM   #23
Kidd Karma
Diamond Member

Kidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant future

I'm getting the feeling we need JHo at the 2-3 OR a legit big man at the 5. Unfortunately both are out. I thought Damp would have helped on the boards and Howard defending James and making James work on the defensive end too. Health will be the key when May rolls around.
Kidd Karma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2009, 06:52 PM   #24
MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs
Diamond Member

MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant future

I'm gonna use that for a pickup line "girl, I wanna tap your break"
MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2009, 09:44 PM   #25
badfish22
Golden Member

badfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant futurebadfish22 has a brilliant future

http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcont...s.2c11618.html

I agree with this article

We're gonna start kicking some ass pretty soon when Damp and Josh get back.

BEAT LA
badfish22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 03:12 AM   #26
Emjo21

Which I hope happen real soon.
Old 11-30-2009, 12:25 PM   #27
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

http://www.thetwomangame.com/

you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY
SMC0007 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
karmic win, thread diarrhea, thread fail, wat