Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > Political Arena

Old 09-15-2005, 08:25 PM   #1
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute
Default Bush's speech

He pretty much opened a can of whipass with that thing.
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-15-2005, 09:08 PM   #2
capitalcity
Diamond Member

capitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant future
Default RE: Bush's speech

I'm proud of reed's president.
Old 09-15-2005, 09:14 PM   #3
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

well less than a week ago

"President Bush's job approval has dipped below 40 percent for the first time in the AP-Ipsos poll" according to the AP

src
EricaLubarsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2005, 09:18 PM   #4
reeds
Golden Member

reeds is infamous around these partsreeds is infamous around these partsreeds is infamous around these partsreeds is infamous around these partsreeds is infamous around these partsreeds is infamous around these partsreeds is infamous around these parts
Default RE:Bush's speech

hmmm...i wonder who wrote it??
Old 09-15-2005, 09:52 PM   #5
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally posted by: capitalcity
I'm proud of reed's president.
So is reeds. reeds loves George W. Bush. He has a Bush poster in his room and his mommy bought him the Presidential Bush Doll.
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2005, 10:01 PM   #6
reeds
Golden Member

reeds is infamous around these partsreeds is infamous around these partsreeds is infamous around these partsreeds is infamous around these partsreeds is infamous around these partsreeds is infamous around these partsreeds is infamous around these parts

still wonder who wrote it?
Old 09-15-2005, 10:11 PM   #7
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

It was divinley inspired.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2005, 01:34 AM   #8
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally posted by: dude1394
It was divinley inspired.
You know, Dude, I think you made a very prescient comment here. That was very much the prevalent element in that speech. I was struck by it--almost taken aback, really. It was what I would call unabashed.

Though I may not personally be on the same page with Bush or the Religious Right in these matters, I very much respect them. It can't do much harm, if any, and it stands to do a whole lot of good. I have a tremendous amount of respect in their convictions, and I tend to think that the avenue they walk is probably the best poised to effect a serious relief efforrt where it is needed.

Tonight--really, as always, with Bush--I was struck by the courage of his convictions. I could appreciate Clinton for the innate political skill he obviously possesses, but I could never feel his convictions. Bush the First? Not sure he had much of a clue. Honestly, I don't care so much if I agree with where Bush is coming from, ans long as he can inspire me to go along with him.

But I'm very, very happy that I feel as though I always know where he is coming from.

Reeds, what does it matter who wrote the speech? Presidential speechwriters have been around since before you were born (and I don't care how old you are). Is that really the best you can do?

There is a reason--a very real reason--why Bush won such a powerful victory last November. Tonight stood testament to it.

chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2005, 07:51 AM   #9
Usually Lurkin
Diamond Member

Usually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond repute

It was a great speech. The prez will be asking for a lot of help. I don't mind paying for this reconstruction, and I don't mind NO staying below sea level - as long as adequate measures are taken to avoid this in the future.

By the way, if ya'll weren't watching ABC after the speech (Ted Koppel's show), then you missed some of the most blatant MSM bias imaginable. I was laughing out loud at this Dean Reynolds fella and some of the unexpected answers he was getting from the evacuees.

link
Usually Lurkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2005, 09:01 AM   #10
LRB
Guru

LRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to behold

LOL that's some dang funny stuff UL. I bet some ABC staffer got their butt in a wringer for not properly prescreening these people to make sure they'd give the appropriate response. I wonder if Ted Koppel has stopped cussing about it yet.
Old 09-16-2005, 10:31 AM   #11
kg_veteran
Old School Balla

kg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally posted by: Usually Lurkin
It was a great speech. The prez will be asking for a lot of help. I don't mind paying for this reconstruction, and I don't mind NO staying below sea level - as long as adequate measures are taken to avoid this in the future.

By the way, if ya'll weren't watching ABC after the speech (Ted Koppel's show), then you missed some of the most blatant MSM bias imaginable. I was laughing out loud at this Dean Reynolds fella and some of the unexpected answers he was getting from the evacuees.

link
Great stuff, UL. I passed it on to a number of my friends this morning. Thanks for the link.
Old 09-16-2005, 09:50 PM   #12
reeds
Golden Member

still wondering who wrote it
Old 09-16-2005, 09:54 PM   #13
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally posted by: reeds
still wondering who wrote it

I told you reeds, it was divinely inspired. The Lord wrote it.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote