Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Bush shows a set...unlike the Dems would have done

Bush Takes Responsibility for Blunders
Sep 13 12:13 PM US/Eastern

By LARA JAKES JORDAN
Associated Press Writer

WASHINGTON

President Bush said Tuesday that "I take responsibility" for failures in dealing with Hurricane Katrina and said the disaster raised broader questions about the government's ability to respond to natural disasters as well as terror attacks.

"Katrina exposed serious problems in our response capability at all levels of government," Bush said at joint White House news conference with the president of Iraq.

"To the extent the federal government didn't fully do its job right, I take responsibility," Bush said.

The president was asked whether people should be worried about the government's ability to handle another terrorist attack given failures in responding to Katrina.

"Are we capable of dealing with a severe attack? That's a very important question and it's in the national interest that we find out what went on so we can better respond," Bush replied.

He said he wanted to know both what went wrong and what went right.

As for blunders in the federal response, "I'm not going to defend the process going in," Bush said. "I am going to defend the people saving lives."

He praised relief workers at all levels. "I want people in America to understand how hard people worked to save lives down there," he said.

Bush spoke after R. David Paulison, the new acting director of the Federal Emergency Management Agency, pledged to intensify efforts to find more permanent housing for the tens of thousands of Hurricane Katrina survivors now in shelters.

Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-13-2005, 11:38 AM   #2
Drbio
Banned

Default RE: Bush shows a set...unlike the Dems would have done

The dims would have assigned blame. This President once again shows his testicular fortitude. Althoguh the response was significantly effective, he steps forth for any federal issues and perceived misgivings. YOUR President is responsible, compassioante, and effective.

I wish we could vote for him for a third term.
Old 09-13-2005, 11:39 AM   #3
Usually Lurkin
Diamond Member

Usually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE:Bush shows a set...unlike the Dems would have done

Quote:
Originally posted by: Drbio

"Katrina exposed serious problems in our response capability at all levels of government," Bush said at joint White House news conference with the president of Iraq.
. . .
"Are we capable of dealing with a severe attack? That's a very important question and it's in the national interest that we find out what went on so we can better respond," Bush replied.
How long until he's accused of fear-mongering?
Usually Lurkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2005, 11:40 AM   #4
Drbio
Banned

I dare say it shows responsibility and the inate ability to be foreward thinking and proactive.
Old 09-13-2005, 11:45 AM   #5
LRB
Guru

LRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
That's what we need to be doing, getting answers to how we failed so we can better prepare for the future, not getting answers to fuel a political blaming war.
Old 09-13-2005, 12:33 PM   #6
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally posted by: Usually Lurkin
Quote:
Originally posted by: Drbio

. . .
How long until he's accused of fear-mongering?

It will be in the next news cycle.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2005, 01:49 PM   #7
FishForLunch
Platinum Member

FishForLunch is a glorious beacon of lightFishForLunch is a glorious beacon of lightFishForLunch is a glorious beacon of lightFishForLunch is a glorious beacon of lightFishForLunch is a glorious beacon of lightFishForLunch is a glorious beacon of lightFishForLunch is a glorious beacon of lightFishForLunch is a glorious beacon of light

I did not know the fedral government ran Lousiana. I guess the Mayor and Gov are blame free then. When will the impeachment proceedings start?
FishForLunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2005, 03:12 PM   #8
LRB
Guru

LRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally posted by: FishForLunch
I did not know the fedral government ran Lousiana. I guess the Mayor and Gov are blame free then. When will the impeachment proceedings start?
The federal government doesn't run Louisana nor New Orleans. But the local politicians, democrats I believe, seem to be exhibiting the same behavior of the IRS several years ago (and probably still to some degree) when their director said "we are not responsible for anything we say or do".
Old 09-13-2005, 09:50 PM   #9
Ninkobei
Platinum Member

Ninkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant future

Quote:

Bush spoke after R. David Paulison, the new acting director of the Federal Emergency Management Agency, pledged to intensify efforts to find more permanent housing for the tens of thousands of Hurricane Katrina survivors now in shelters.
Notice how Survivors are no longer Refugees. from what I've learned this word came first from the oprah winfrey show. thanks to my govt' prof. for pointing this out.
Old 09-13-2005, 10:10 PM   #10
Drbio
Banned

During the Red Cross orientation, we were told to say evacuees and were specifically told to not use the word refugees. I don't think the victims really cared from what I saw.
Old 09-15-2005, 09:23 PM   #11
reeds
Golden Member

reeds is infamous around these partsreeds is infamous around these partsreeds is infamous around these partsreeds is infamous around these partsreeds is infamous around these partsreeds is infamous around these partsreeds is infamous around these parts

"I wish we could vote for him for a third term"

HAHAHAHAHA...I SO wish he could run again.. It might be the biggest LANDSLIDE defeat of a President EVER.. without a doubt..the Mavs board would give bush his only votes...bahahahahahhaah
Old 09-15-2005, 09:28 PM   #12
kg_veteran
Old School Balla

kg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond repute

Who would beat him, reeds?
Old 09-15-2005, 09:43 PM   #13
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Thespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally posted by: reeds
"I wish we could vote for him for a third term"

HAHAHAHAHA...I SO wish he could run again.. It might be the biggest LANDSLIDE defeat of a President EVER.. without a doubt..the Mavs board would give bush his only votes...bahahahahahhaah
Hmm... You know, I don't think it'd be as big a landslide as Reagan/Carter, or FDR/Hoover... If there were another election TODAY, and if he were running against say Hillary, or Kerry again, then yes, he'd probably lose, but it wouldn't be no damn landslide. However, the next presidential election isn't for another 3 years, and in politics, that's an eternity. So if he were able to run for a third term, none of us have any earthly idea what the results would be. Really, in 3 years his approval rating could be lower than it is now, or it could be 85%... we have no idea... Oh, BTW Reeds, you know, Bush's current low approval ratings have much much less to do with him being an "idiot," the war, and even less to do with his handling of Katrina's aftermath than they do with gas prices... That's a sad sad fact.
Thespiralgoeson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2005, 09:49 PM   #14
Drbio
Banned

The people of the US are smart enough to NEVER elect the worthless John Kerry.

It's ok reeds....YOUR PRESIDENT, GEORGE W. BUSH, will take care of you despite your ignorance.