Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > The Lounge

Old 05-17-2007, 08:59 PM   #81
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

Hellooooo childhood....
Old 05-17-2007, 09:09 PM   #82
Nemesis
Diamond Member

Nemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud of

"Autobots....TRANSFORM"

che-cher-cho-chu-cho-cho-che-che
Nemesis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2007, 10:16 PM   #83
capitalcity
Diamond Member

capitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant future

Old 05-18-2007, 01:56 AM   #84
Nash13
Diamond Member

Nash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud of

I can't get past Michael Bay. I have a feeling this is gonna be like Spider-Man 3. It'll be entertaining, but not as good as it should be.
The wind rises electric. She's soft and warm and almost weightless. Her perfume is sweet promise that brings tears to my eyes. I tell her that everything will be all right; that I'll save her from whatever she's scared and take her far far away. I tell her that I love her. The silencer makes a whisper of the gunshot. I hold her close until she's gone. I'll never know what she was running from. I'll cash her check in the morning.

~The Salesman
Nash13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2007, 09:15 AM   #85
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

Big Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond repute

this movie would have to REALLY not meet expectations if it's going to be as bad as spider-man 3. but if anyone is up to the challenge of not meeting expectations, it's michael bay.
Old 05-18-2007, 09:22 AM   #86
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

u2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond repute

Heck.... after the Spiderman 3 debacle I'll take less than craptacular from this film seeing as my expectations are low to begin with.

But that trailer looks good.
Old 05-18-2007, 09:27 AM   #87
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

Big Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond repute

just watched the trailer. i am such a freakin' geek. i got goose bumps. that's great trailer work.

the starscream transformations alone were awesome. Especially the one where he jumps up, turns into the jet, then takes off.
Old 05-18-2007, 09:38 AM   #88
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

Dangit, now I'm sucked in again.

It still has massive suck potential.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2007, 10:37 AM   #89
MavsX
Diamond Member

MavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond repute

i hope this is at least somewhat good. the spider mans become too cheesy to even justify to my girlfriend why i was watching it...

please no cheese..and not too unbelievable!

don't ruin this awesome opportunity Michael Bay~
MavsX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2007, 10:54 AM   #90
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

um, it's robots transforming into vehicles. how believable do you want it?
Old 05-18-2007, 10:59 AM   #91
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

u2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Boy Laroux
So you are trying to tell me I need to stop wating for my Altima to turn into a robot?

Old 05-18-2007, 01:06 PM   #92
Nemesis
Diamond Member

Nemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud ofNemesis has much to be proud of

Hopefully, the same idiot director who created Alien VS Predator wont decide to create

Transformers .VS. Gobots
Old 05-19-2007, 03:57 AM   #93
banpeikun

banpeikun is a name known to allbanpeikun is a name known to allbanpeikun is a name known to allbanpeikun is a name known to allbanpeikun is a name known to allbanpeikun is a name known to allbanpeikun is a name known to allbanpeikun is a name known to allbanpeikun is a name known to all

Oh wow, Gobots. I had almost gotten those guys out of my memory. Gobots rank right up there with Thundercats and M.A.S.K. as mid-80s stuff that was so awful compared to what we already had that they should have never made it past their pilot audience.
banpeikun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2007, 01:59 PM   #94
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

I know you didn't just rip on thundercats and MASK. Them's fightin' words.
Old 05-19-2007, 02:23 PM   #95
banpeikun

banpeikun is a name known to allbanpeikun is a name known to allbanpeikun is a name known to allbanpeikun is a name known to allbanpeikun is a name known to allbanpeikun is a name known to allbanpeikun is a name known to allbanpeikun is a name known to allbanpeikun is a name known to all

Man, how can you like thundercats and MASK when we had transformers and voltron and g-force?
banpeikun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2007, 04:20 PM   #96
Nemesis
Diamond Member

G-force!!! Extremely underrated.....And don't you forget about Starblazers...
Old 05-19-2007, 04:35 PM   #97
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by banpeikun
Man, how can you like thundercats and MASK when we had transformers and voltron and g-force?
Hey now...there was NOTHING wrong with a little thundercats.
Old 05-19-2007, 11:15 PM   #98
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

why can't you like them all? I liked transformers (did not like gobots), LOVED Voltron, but also liked MASK and Thundercats. Loved Bravestarr, too.
Old 05-20-2007, 03:37 PM   #99
MavsX
Diamond Member

MavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond repute

ugh as of right now, it looks pretty sweet. Those transformers looks awesome...turns out im a nerd.
Old 05-20-2007, 09:59 PM   #100
capitalcity
Diamond Member

capitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant futurecapitalcity has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by banpeikun
Gobots rank right up there with Thundercats and M.A.S.K. as mid-80s stuff that was so awful compared to what we already had that they should have never made it past their pilot audience.
Um, no.
Old 05-20-2007, 10:02 PM   #101
Nemesis
Diamond Member

MASK must have really sucked.. I have no idea what you are talking about.
Old 05-20-2007, 11:45 PM   #102
capitalcity
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nemesis
MASK must have really sucked.. I have no idea what you are talking about.
Watch your back at recess.

Any of you other assholes wanna mouth off?
Old 05-21-2007, 11:49 AM   #103
MavsX
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Boy Laroux
i guess i mean like..the last few bond movies with pierce brosnan, got to be so unbelievable, that it was not fun to watch...i don't know..just not too cheesy..
Old 07-05-2007, 02:31 PM   #104
Windmill360
Diamond Member

Windmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond repute

sooooooo?
Old 07-05-2007, 04:19 PM   #105
Usually Lurkin
Diamond Member

Usually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond repute

After watching the movie, I really expected my car to transform as I was getting my keys out.
Usually Lurkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2007, 04:21 PM   #106
Dirkgreatness
Platinum Member

Dirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to beholdDirkgreatness is a splendid one to behold

After watching the movie, i realized i had fallen in love with Megan Fox.
Old 07-06-2007, 10:01 AM   #107
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

awesome. I've posted my thoughts in the general movie thread.
Old 10-06-2007, 01:28 AM   #108
MavsX
Diamond Member

we have all seen the movie. now check out what i just did.

Last edited by MavsX; 10-06-2007 at 01:28 AM.
Old 10-06-2007, 01:38 AM   #109
MavsX
Diamond Member

DEVIN!

Last edited by MavsX; 10-06-2007 at 01:38 AM.
Old 10-06-2007, 05:30 PM   #110
Windmill360
Diamond Member

Windmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond repute

TF2 coming out in 09
Old 10-06-2007, 11:42 PM   #111
Nash13
Diamond Member

Nash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud of

Dvd coming out on the 16th.
The wind rises electric. She's soft and warm and almost weightless. Her perfume is sweet promise that brings tears to my eyes. I tell her that everything will be all right; that I'll save her from whatever she's scared and take her far far away. I tell her that I love her. The silencer makes a whisper of the gunshot. I hold her close until she's gone. I'll never know what she was running from. I'll cash her check in the morning.

~The Salesman
Nash13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2007, 12:02 PM   #112
MavsX
Diamond Member

im going to buy that dvd when it comes out.

i haven't bought a dvd in years...so this is the first one.

also they are releases this movie in IMAX so i want to go see it again.
Old 10-08-2007, 02:01 PM   #113
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Windmill360°
TF2 coming out in 09
yay!

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2007, 12:15 AM   #114
irontoad
Golden Member

irontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by sike
yay!
Damn straight, you non-robotic alien! That's awesome to hear, just saw the movie in the theaters for a second time today, pretty rare that I see a movie twice in the theaters...
Old 06-07-2008, 10:14 AM   #115
MavsX
Diamond Member

Hey guys, so we all know that transformers 2 is coming out.

I had some friends in town this past week, so i took a few days off from work. We went to visit the Smithsonian Air and Space Museum (Steven F. Udvar-Hazy Center). And a there were signs everywhere about Dreamworks filming a film there. Anyway they were all over the SR-71 blackbird. It was awesome. People everywhere, parts of the museum where closed off with ropes and stuff. I was very interested, being that i loved transformers. I didn't see any stars, or mike bay or anything. But it was still really cool. They had a bunch of trucks in the back parking lot. Anyway, long story short i found a website that confirms what i saw, that they are indeed filming parts of transformers 2 at the air and space museum.

I'll copy and paste. Watch out for spoilers. They do show some new auto-bots and Decepticons .

http://www.slashfilm.com/2008/06/06/...aled-days-1-5/

The production has now moved to the Smithsonian Air and Space Museum for a scene which takes place late into the film (I’m guessing about an hour into the film). Bumblebee and The Twins are left in the parking lot as Sam (Shia), Mikaela (Fox), Sam’s college roommate/friend Leo (a new supporting character played by The Wire’s Ramon Rodriguez), and Sector 7 Agent Simmons (John Turturro) distract the guards and sneak into the Smithsonian after hours. Simmons uses a radiation tracker (a call back to the first film) to find a SR-71 Blackbird in the museum.

Sam uses something called the “Splinter” (maybe a tiny piece of the alspark?) to activate the SR-71, which transforms into Jetfire. Jetfire as a Blackbird spy plane? Very Cool. For some reason he has a Decepticon logo, not sure why. Maybe he switched sides?

The involvement of a Constructicon Earth Mover pretty much confirms the rumor that the Constructicons and Devastator might appear in the film.

I’m sure we’ll learn more in the coming weeks as there is 80 more days of shooting to go. But so far what we do know has me very excited for Transformers 2: Revenge of the Fallen.

click that link for pictures and stuff.

Last edited by MavsX; 06-07-2008 at 10:18 AM.
Old 06-07-2008, 10:21 AM   #116
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

^ great stuff, X.

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
Old 06-07-2008, 10:29 AM   #117
sike
The Preacha

Do we know if they're bringing Megatron back for this one??

Old 06-07-2008, 10:38 AM   #118
alby
Guru

alby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond repute

I can't wait for Transformers II and Megan Fox.

Contact Me
Twitter: www.twitter.com/alnguyen84
Facebook: www.facebook.com/alnguyen84
alby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2008, 10:40 AM   #119
sike
The Preacha

Quote:
Originally Posted by alby
I can't wait for Transformers II and Megan Fox.
perv

Old 06-07-2008, 10:49 AM   #120
MavsX
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sike
Do we know if they're bringing Megatron back for this one??

yeah i don't know, you would think so, since he is the leader. I'm sure he will be back eventually.

The title of the movie is kinda telling...

'rise of the fallen'