Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > The Lounge

Old 12-04-2010, 11:14 PM   #1
Just211
Platinum Member

Just211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to all
Default Your Favorite Live Bands

i've noticed a nice variety of music taste on this board, and was wonderin what are you're best live expierences. I mean it's one thing to like a band, but who did you see live, and it just blew you away. And conversly, who let you down.
Old 12-04-2010, 11:18 PM   #2
Just211
Platinum Member

Just211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to all

My Favorite hands down is DEFTONES... crazy energy, and spot on sound.. And they always play a full set, at least 20+ songs.. a nice variety of old and new.. And Chino knows how to work a crowd..

Let Down for me was TOOL... it hurts to say. I love there music, but their live show has no energy,, I mean they sound great, but the monitors and lasers just didnt do it for me... I like to see the band get into it, and make the crowd and band feel as one... sounded great though
Old 12-05-2010, 01:23 AM   #3
mac222b
Diamond Member

mac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond repute

my morning jacket is pretty great. wilco never disappoints. sondre lerche solo was really good
mac222b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 02:14 AM   #4
NoTnERb

NoTnERb is a name known to allNoTnERb is a name known to allNoTnERb is a name known to allNoTnERb is a name known to allNoTnERb is a name known to allNoTnERb is a name known to allNoTnERb is a name known to allNoTnERb is a name known to allNoTnERb is a name known to all

Anberlin is pretty awesome. Civil Twilight as well. Of course, this is the only concert I've seen, haha. But damn were they impressive.
NoTnERb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 01:07 PM   #5
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

Male30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond repute

Not really a band, per se, but Blue Man Group was very cool live.
Old 12-06-2010, 03:20 PM   #6
muzak

muzak is a glorious beacon of lightmuzak is a glorious beacon of lightmuzak is a glorious beacon of lightmuzak is a glorious beacon of lightmuzak is a glorious beacon of lightmuzak is a glorious beacon of lightmuzak is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac222b View Post
my morning jacket is pretty great. wilco never disappoints. sondre lerche solo was really good
+1 on Wilco. Amazing band, definitely one of my all-time favs.

Some of my all time favorite live shows:
Dr. Dog
Stephen Malkmus & the Jicks
Pavement
Yo La Tengo
Guided By Voices
Built to Spill
Pixies
Starlight Mints
Sonic Youth
Dinosaur Jr.
muzak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 04:32 PM   #7
GermanDunk
Diamond Member

GermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond repute

Old 12-06-2010, 07:33 PM   #8
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Thespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond repute

I've seen Nine Inch Nails and U2 four times each, and neither has ever disappointed me.
Thespiralgoeson is offline   Reply With Quote