Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > The Lounge

Old 04-16-2001, 02:48 PM   #1
LonestarROB
Patient # 312412

LonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to all

Anybody got any pets? Or wanting to get a curtain kind a pet?

I got a hunting dog named, of all things, Hunter. Looks like this,

He's a Hungarian Vizsla and Weimaraner mix. He's crazy and likes to kill other animals(ie. squirls, rabbits).

Website - www.thegamesector.com
Hell bent 100% Texan 'til I die.
LonestarROB is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-16-2001, 02:50 PM   #2
LonestarROB
Patient # 312412

LonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to all

I've always wanted a German Shorthair pointer and a Min-Pin too. And a sugarglider [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] .

Old 04-16-2001, 03:44 PM   #3
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

Big Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond repute

don't have any pets in my apartment, but back home we have a great dane named Duncan, and two cats. we used to have another dog (a brittany spaniel), but we had to put her to sleep when she was 12. i miss my dog a lot. i want to get one, but i'm gone from home a lot, and i don't think that would be fair to a puppy.
Old 04-16-2001, 04:17 PM   #4
The Crippler
Diamond Member

The Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant future

i have a really cute mutt named sally. she's a good girl, and i've noticed that women love her. i took her over to this girl's house for the first time about a month ago, and of course sally goes sniffing around the house. Low and behold, what does she bring back to me??? -- A beautiful red thong off of her floor! What a great dog, huh? Led me to my best "cheesey line" that actually worked..."Well, now that I've seen your thong, let me see what's underneath." True story.
"I say 'Hey Lama, how about a little something ya know', for the effort?' And he says 'oh, there won't be any money, but when you die, on your deathbed you will receive total consciousness.' So I got that going for me...which is nice."
The Crippler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2001, 05:14 PM   #5
horserangler

horserangler is on a distinguished road

I have a 3 year old great dane named Ty and since I train horses i have 7 horses in my barn they are not mine but they are paying the bills...
horserangler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2001, 06:26 PM   #6
scooterj5
Golden Member

scooterj5 is on a distinguished road

I have a Newfoundland dog (big black clumsy bear)
Old 04-16-2001, 06:56 PM   #7
djb
Administrator

djb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond repute

I've been trying to get my gf to agree to getting one of those robot Sony Aibo dogs with artificial intelligence [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] I think she wants a real one though. Prob is the pet deposit at my apt is over $500.
djb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2001, 01:05 PM   #8
LonestarROB
Patient # 312412

$500 is pretty cheap considering those Sony Aibo dogs cost a couple thousand [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] .

Old 04-17-2001, 01:10 PM   #9
LonestarROB
Patient # 312412

I love horses. Hopefully some day I'll have several of my own.

Old 04-17-2001, 08:43 PM   #10
djb
Administrator

djb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond repute

But having a robot dog is just damn cool [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] The new next-gen Aibo goes for $1500, but the additional software packs and accessories will run it up to around $2k [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]
Old 04-20-2001, 07:09 PM   #11
Flying Tiger
Golden Member

Flying Tiger will become famous soon enoughFlying Tiger will become famous soon enough

I have a beagal named Lucy and a Chia Pet named Abraham.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
Old 06-02-2001, 12:18 PM   #12
djb
Administrator

I'm going to the SPCA this afternoon to adopt a kitten..my first real pet [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] I've always wanted one for some reason. My gf wants to get a dog but I told her she could get one later on. Any pet owners here care to give me some tips on, well, everything? I've never owned a pet before, aside from a stray dog my fam fed and kept in the backyard when I was a kid.
Old 06-02-2001, 02:15 PM   #13
MavsFanFinley
Guru

MavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond repute

I have a cat that turned 17 this year. I've had it since I was in the 4th grade and it's still heathly according to the vet. He says that the way he's going he easily has 3-4 more years left. His old age is showing though and Im not sure what Im going to do when he passes, he's a best friend, you know? Sounds cheesy, I know, but he's been around so long I can't imagine life without him.
Old 06-02-2001, 08:09 PM   #14
djb
Administrator

Just got back from the SPCA..empty-handed [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] I didn't really like any of the kittens they had, cept for one, but it kept wanting to climb onto my shoulder by digging its claws into my arm (ouch!). My gf was pretty indifferent, making the selection even harder. Will try the SPCA in McKinney next week to see what's available there.
Old 06-02-2001, 09:20 PM   #15
LonestarROB
Patient # 312412

I hate cats. You should get a little doggy. Like a MinPin or something. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 06-03-2001, 12:53 AM   #16
Smiles
Diamond Member

Smiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud of

My dog, Duke, is a Great Pyramese (sp). He's a small one- only 85 lbs! I have decided to shave him since his white hair is extremely long and dense. My cat, Peach, is really cool. My parents sold the last of our horses last year.
I may need a good home for Duke. Even if I could get an apartment that allowed pets, he'd hate being confined so much. It's really hard to put him up for adoption. Anyone have any thoughts or advice?
Old 06-03-2001, 09:20 AM   #17
LonestarROB
Patient # 312412

I'd try to give him to a friend or relative. That way you could always see him again. I gave my dog to my sister once. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 06-03-2001, 09:00 PM   #18
djb
Administrator

My gf REALLY wants to get a dog so I guess we'll check some out later this week. Anyone know of any pet stores in Dallas? I'm in the Greenville/Mockingbird area close to SMU. We'll also probably head out to the SPCA in McKinney to see what's available there.
Old 06-06-2001, 03:43 PM   #19
djb
Administrator

No one here knows of any pet stores in Dallas? All the ones I've called or went to only had birds and fish available. PetsMart had a couple cats from the SPCA but that's about it.
Old 06-06-2001, 04:17 PM   #20
LonestarROB
Patient # 312412

I didn't know PetsMart sold anything other then birds and fish. But just alittle advice, I'd shy away from buying an animal from a pet "store". I've always heard not to do that for various reasons. I'd suggest a breeder, SPCA, or a rescue orginization personally. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 06-06-2001, 04:25 PM   #21
djb
Administrator

Why not buy from a pet store?
Old 06-06-2001, 04:29 PM   #22
LonestarROB
Patient # 312412

From what i've heard, they(the animals) will be meaner and have a greater risk of diseases.

Old 06-06-2001, 04:31 PM   #23
djb
Administrator

I'm sure the pets in most stores haven't received their shots and aren't spayed/neutered yet, but aside from that, why would they be meaner I wonder?
Old 06-06-2001, 04:33 PM   #24
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

buy a dog, cats suck. My gf has a cat that i named satan. it acts like a dog quite a bit, so he's ok. really playful, always jumping on me, that's why i call him satan, because he's always clawing, drawing blood. well, anyways, get a dog, cats suck
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2001, 04:35 PM   #25
LonestarROB
Patient # 312412

I don't know, those are just things I've read when doing research a few years ago when I got my dog. If I remember correctly, I think alot of it had to do with the cages there kept in. There's usually a couple in one small cage.

Old 06-06-2001, 04:35 PM   #26
djb
Administrator

Yea my gf really wants a dog but I'm just not too crazy about them..all the ones I've been around jump all over you, piss everywhere, and leave turds in places you'd least expect. I know you can train them but even still..
Old 06-06-2001, 04:38 PM   #27
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

dj, personally, i've just about lost all respect i had for you when you said that you didn't like dogs.
Old 06-06-2001, 04:38 PM   #28
LonestarROB
Patient # 312412

Hey, stop talking about my dog DJ [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] .

Old 06-06-2001, 04:39 PM   #29
djb
Administrator

haha well I never said I didn't like dogs..just not too thrilled about OWNING one [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
Old 06-06-2001, 04:42 PM   #30
Murphy3
Guru

i've never really liked cats. I'm always threatening to drag my gf's cats behind my car, but i guess that's going a bit overboard.

on a less hateful note, that was my 1000th post.
Old 06-06-2001, 04:44 PM   #31
LonestarROB
Patient # 312412

I know some funny(not harmfull) things you can do to cats but I don't want to give DJ any ideas. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 06-06-2001, 04:46 PM   #32
djb
Administrator

I once stuffed this psycho cat in a cardboard box and put a brick on top to shut the lid. The cat must've been on gear or something because the next thing I know, it had managed to somehow stick its head out one corner (I have NO IDEA how it was able to cut it's way through) and then proceeded to chase after me like a possessed demon.
Old 06-06-2001, 04:48 PM   #33
Murphy3
Guru

you know those plants that hang from the ceiling?...well, i had a friend that tied the cats tail to one of the plants, and then decided to spin the plant.....the poor cat, it spun for a couple of minutes at a very high rate of speed.
luckily i didn't have to clean up the throw-up
Old 06-09-2001, 01:27 AM   #34
Smiles
Diamond Member

Smiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud of

Wow Murph3, you've topped yourself again.
Old 06-09-2001, 07:50 AM   #35
MFFL
Guru

MFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond repute

Speaking of pets - I have a pair of sugar gliders. They are for sale... CHEAP!
MFFL is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2001, 12:34 PM   #36
LonestarROB
Patient # 312412

I want a sugarglider but my dog would probably eat it [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] .

Old 06-09-2001, 01:29 PM   #37
djb
Administrator

What's a sugarglider?
Old 06-09-2001, 02:37 PM   #38
LonestarROB
Patient # 312412

Sugarglider = Flying Squirrel

Old 06-09-2001, 04:02 PM   #39
djb
Administrator

Holy crap I think that would scare the hell out of me!
Old 06-09-2001, 06:18 PM   #40
LonestarROB
Patient # 312412

LOL [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] .