Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Around the NBA

Old 06-15-2001, 11:31 PM   #1
Flying Tiger
Golden Member

Flying Tiger will become famous soon enoughFlying Tiger will become famous soon enough

It's over. Lakers repeat...Phil wins his eight...Shaq is playoff MVP...and the Lakers have the best post season record in history.
Old 06-15-2001, 11:50 PM   #2
Mavinator
Golden Member

Mavinator is a jewel in the roughMavinator is a jewel in the roughMavinator is a jewel in the rough

I knew it was gonna happen, and still it hurts
Old 06-15-2001, 11:57 PM   #3
Fidel
Diamond Member

Fidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to behold

Congrats to a great Lakers team. They deserved it, especially for their play in the western conference playoffs (which everyone thought would be heavily contested, at least the Series against the Spurs).
The Lakers will be tough to stop next year, they are even more confident now and I think Shaq won´t be lazy again this summer and will be in great shape at the start of next season. I really hope the Mavs can emerge as their biggest Western Conference rivals.
Fidel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2001, 10:54 AM   #4
TheKid
Diamond Member

TheKid is on a distinguished road

I think we're about to witness another dynasty and I'm going to be sick if we do.
Old 06-18-2001, 12:23 PM   #5
Mavinator
Golden Member

Mavinator is a jewel in the roughMavinator is a jewel in the roughMavinator is a jewel in the rough

We are about to witness a dynasty, TheKid, but it won't be a laker dynasty... One man is going to put a timely end to that next year....

Old 06-18-2001, 12:38 PM   #6
TheKid
Diamond Member

Let's put it this way, I HOPE SO!!!! I don't care WHO beats the Fakers, I'm all for it!!!! Except Utah or San Antonio.
Old 06-18-2001, 01:15 PM   #7
LonestarROB
Patient # 312412

LonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to all

I'm afraid the Lakers will rule the NBA for several more years. 2 titles already and there still one of the youngest teams in the NBA.

Website - www.thegamesector.com
Hell bent 100% Texan 'til I die.
LonestarROB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2001, 11:20 PM   #8
Flying Tiger
Golden Member

Flying Tiger will become famous soon enoughFlying Tiger will become famous soon enough

I bet Phil leaves in 2 years (after his 10th)...but they could win 4 or 5 straight if everyone stays healthy and happy.
Old 06-18-2001, 11:40 PM   #9
Mavinator
Golden Member

Ugh, I can't believe you guys are buying into all this idiotic laker hype... The "laker dynasty" is a pipe dream created by a lucky playoff run and an overimaginative media. I'm not willing to rule out the idea that the lakers might win several more championships- but its not right to start giving the lakers praise they haven't earned. Already people are treating them as one of the greatest teams in NBA history and acting like the next five championship trophies are already on mail-order from David Stern. Where are the lakers going to be when all their geriatric roleplayers reach their forties in a couple of years? Where will they be when Derek Fisher and the other Merry Minimums start getting real contract offers and decide to leave? What if kobe decides its his team again, but this time during the playoffs? There's too many variables and uncertainties- don't jump on the bandwagon yet...
Old 06-18-2001, 11:47 PM   #10
Flying Tiger
Golden Member

I agree that Kobe is quite unpredictable...but they have the best duo in a long time and they are both still pretty young. I think as long as Phil keeps a decent supporting cast and everyone stays on the same page they could have 4 straight seasons with 70+ wins. I'm just saying IF everything thing goes according to plan.
Old 06-19-2001, 08:02 AM   #11
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

they've won it 2 years in a row and have a good chance to make it three, that's why people are buying into it
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2001, 09:14 AM   #12
TheKid
Diamond Member

That team won't win 70 games! The Kobe Shaq thing will ALWAYS come up during the season that will NOT allow them to do so. Also, unlike the Bulls when they did it, Shaq and Kobe both have not shown the ability to stay healthy an entire season like Jordan and Pippen were able to.
Old 06-20-2001, 07:25 AM   #13
Flying Tiger
Golden Member

Crap...I'm saying that IF everyone stays HEALTHY AND HAPPY then they could win 70
Old 06-20-2001, 05:59 PM   #14
MFFL
Guru

MFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond repute

Hell - that team could win 75 if everyone stayed healthy, happy, and FOCUSED!
MFFL is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2001, 06:01 PM   #15
djb
Administrator

djb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond repute

The thing that set them over the top this year was the surprising return/play of Fisher imo. I doubt he's as consistant next season. Up until this season, the guy was considered a bust..mediocre at best.
djb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2001, 10:44 PM   #16
Mavinator
Golden Member

Damn- that team would win 82 if they stay HEALTHY, HAPPY, FOCUSED, and in MAGICAL DREAM WORLD!
Old 06-20-2001, 10:46 PM   #17
Flying Tiger
Golden Member

If ifs and buts were candy and nuts we'd all have a merry Christmas. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]