Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > The Lounge

Old 01-19-2004, 06:48 PM   #1
LRB
Guru

LRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to behold
Default MSN are crooks

Back in June 2002 I moved into an area without high speed internet access and had to go back to using dialup. I got an offer from MSN for 4 months freen and took it. In April 2003 I moved back into an area with high speed internet. At that time I requested a cancelation of MSN dial up and got a confirmation. I found out when my bills for May and June came that I was still being charged, but by that time I was busy working a new job and didn't have time to call and complain. The credit card expired in June 2003 and the charges stopped. Last fall I cleaned out my email and deleted the confirmation of cancelation since it was past the 60 days I could get a refund from my credit card for disputing the bill and didn't think I'd need it since I hadn't heard anything for over 3 months. Then low and behold I get a bill late last month for 2 months service. I called them up and told them that I didn't use the service since April, but I didn't ask for the 2 months after cancellation that I paid back. I just said remove this from my credit report and I'd be fine. They refuse to do this. They say they have no way of tracking who used the service or not.

Well I'm telling one and all, don't use this service. They are dishonest, inept, and customer unfriendly. You will get screwed.
Old 01-19-2004, 07:07 PM   #2
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

u2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: MSN are crooks

I can tell you now that they lied to you when they said they cannot tell if an account was used. That is 100 percent complete bold faced lying.

I would fight that tooth and nail.

MSN tracks EVERYTHING you do.

If you value your privacy, don't use MSN OR AOL.... there are others, but those are the most popular of the evil internet providers.
Old 01-19-2004, 08:18 PM   #3
Chiwas
Guru

Chiwas is infamous around these partsChiwas is infamous around these parts
Default RE: MSN are crooks

Quote:
Well I'm telling one and all, don't use this service. They are dishonest, inept, and customer unfriendly. You will get screwed.
I had a case very similar to yours, LRB, but with AT&T in Mexico.

With your permission, I'll say the same:

If you're going to suscribe with AT&T -in Mexico at least-, well, I'm telling one and all, <u>don't use this service. They are dishonest, inept, and customer unfriendly. You will get screwed.</u>

NO TE SUSCRIBAS A AT&T MEXICO, TE VAN A ROBAR DE LA FORMA M&Aacute;S DESCARADA QUE HAY SI LO HACES. SI QUIERES SABER POR QU&Eacute;, M&Aacute;NDAME UN E-MAIL.

Old 01-20-2004, 07:35 PM   #4
grbh
Platinum Member

grbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to all
Default RE:MSN are crooks

LRB, you have either 14 or 18 months to dispute a credit card transaction. All you have to do is contact the issuing bank form the credit card you were using. Tell them what happened.

They will contact MSN, who have 18 days to respond, and unless MSN has your signature on file which I doubt they do then they cannot prove you authorized this charge. You should be able to get your money back.

http://www.genevaschools.org/austinb...gray/platypus/
grbh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2004, 09:03 PM   #5
LRB
Guru

LRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to behold

Thanks grbh, I'll look into it.
Old 01-23-2004, 03:57 PM   #6
Razor

Razor is on a distinguished road

i feel the same way about F'in Swbell!!

They are the real crooks!
Razor is offline   Reply With Quote