Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > The Lounge

Old 07-29-2003, 10:56 AM   #1
Chiwas
Guru

Chiwas is infamous around these partsChiwas is infamous around these parts
Default Choose yours! (ONLY for women, this time)

Men women love
Randy Hecht, Match.com

"What do women want?" Freud asked — and he was a married man. If he couldn't figure it out, do you have any hope of finding the answer to that question — and, in the process, finding the woman of your dreams?

Sure you do. Remember, he made a career out of overcomplicating the matter. You don't need to grasp universal truths (real or imagined, Freudian or otherwise) about women to answer the question. You just need to be who you are and let your best qualities attract the woman who is best for you. Everybody knows that you menfolk come in a variety of shapes and sizes, with different personalities and talents; so whether you're brainy, brawny, athletic or artistic, there's bound to be a woman out there for you. Listed below are some of the types of guys women love:

1. The jock
It's not all about being cut and having nice, tight abs — though those attributes certainly have their appeal. What we like about you is that you're not one of life's spectators. You're active, out there and doing things, and your energy is sexy. Bonus points if you admire and encourage our athleticism, too.

2. The intellectual
Conversations with you are full of happy surprises. We don't know how you keep track of all of those historical, scientific, political and other tidbits, but you sure keep us entertained with what you know. And you can't imagine what a pleasure it is to be with a guy who appreciates our smarts as well.

3. The creative type
Dating you can be a bit of a wild ride — but that's fine with us; we crave the unconventional. Whether it's your way with wordplay, your eye-opening perspectives on popular culture, or just your knack for finding a great new independent film, band or restaurant, you keep us on our toes. No need to worry about getting stuck in a mainstream rut with you.

4. The family man
Oh, the joy of dating a man who does not complain incessantly about his parents and who loves the idea of starting a family of his own. And let's be honest here: When you're happy to join us on a Saturday matinee outing with our kids or nieces and nephews, our hearts do skip a beat. It may not be flashy, but stability has its own brand of sex appeal.

5. The strong silent type
Silent doesn't mean uncommunicative. It signifies a comfort level between us that doesn't require constant idle chatter. You say more with one look than dozens of guys have managed to tell us with their best dating routines. You have a thousand times more confidence (the quiet kind, not the screaming ego variety) than they ever did, and that makes us fall hard for you.

6. The genuine nice guy
Women say they want a nice guy … and they do. Who wouldn't appreciate a guy who calls when he says he will, remembers our birthdays and other important moments in our lives, and actually listens to us? You may think, "Big deal, anyone can do that." But not everyone does. You do, and that makes you incredibly special to us.

End of Article.

================================

I fill 2 completely and 2 partially! Woo-Hoo! (Guess which?) Ladies, get in line...

Old 07-29-2003, 04:54 PM   #2
veruca salt
Platinum Member

veruca salt will become famous soon enough
Default RE: Choose yours! (ONLY for women, this time)

I'll take a number 3 to go thanks.....

Smile like you mean it
veruca salt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2003, 08:03 PM   #3
MavsFanFinley
Guru

MavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond repute

#5 for me.
Old 07-29-2003, 08:10 PM   #4
veruca salt
Platinum Member

veruca salt will become famous soon enough

where is "the a**hole"...i don't know about the 6 guys up there, but when I look around he seems to be
the one getting the most 'action' [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

Smile like you mean it
veruca salt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2003, 08:14 PM   #5
Chiwas
Guru

Quote:
Originally posted by: veruca salt
where is "the a**hole"...i don't know about the 6 guys up there, but when I look around he seems to be
the one getting the most 'action' [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]
I was thinking almost the same thing. The 6 above seem to be perfect guys. Where can all of we, the rest, be listed? Number 7?

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 07-29-2003, 08:18 PM   #6
MavsFanFinley
Guru

MavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
where is "the a**hole"...
Thanks for asking the question I had on the tip of my tongue.

LOL
Old 07-29-2003, 10:01 PM   #7
southern_sweets
Diamond Member

southern_sweets will become famous soon enoughsouthern_sweets will become famous soon enough

One of each, one for each day of the week and I'll take Sunday for myself. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
southern_sweets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2003, 10:15 PM   #8
Chiwas
Guru

Quote:
Originally posted by: southern_sweets
One of each, one for each day of the week and I'll take Sunday for myself. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
Sunday for the a**hole.

Old 07-29-2003, 10:17 PM   #9
ames7
Diamond Member

ames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to beholdames7 is a splendid one to behold

2 or 6 for me, thanks, but the going's tough. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-frown.gif[/img] Speaking of which, it's funny, my roommate has a new boyfriend. By her own admission, her greatest turn-on is "religion." I'm serious. The new boyfriend? Mormon.
Old 07-30-2003, 10:26 AM   #10
Caliente
Diamond Member

Caliente is a name known to allCaliente is a name known to allCaliente is a name known to allCaliente is a name known to allCaliente is a name known to allCaliente is a name known to allCaliente is a name known to allCaliente is a name known to allCaliente is a name known to all

I'm first in line for Chiwas.
Old 07-30-2003, 11:21 AM   #11
Chiwas
Guru

Quote:
Originally posted by: Caliente
I'm first in line for Chiwas.
Alright! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

(BTW, check your e-mail)

Old 07-31-2003, 02:46 PM   #12
Caliente
Diamond Member

Caliente is a name known to allCaliente is a name known to allCaliente is a name known to allCaliente is a name known to allCaliente is a name known to allCaliente is a name known to allCaliente is a name known to allCaliente is a name known to allCaliente is a name known to all

Hmmmmmm...
Looks like I will be first and last.
Old 07-31-2003, 06:17 PM   #13
Chiwas
Guru

Quote:
Hmmmmmm...
Looks like I will be first and last.
At least openly. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 09-09-2003, 12:48 PM   #14
Caliente
Diamond Member

Bumped up for the new girl posters.
Old 09-09-2003, 02:00 PM   #15
Mandyahl
Diamond Member

Mandyahl will become famous soon enoughMandyahl will become famous soon enough

hmmm, i want my guy to be all six of those rolled into one...maybe that is why i am having problems finding guys....
Old 09-09-2003, 02:09 PM   #16
Caliente
Diamond Member

I would almost settle for 3 out of 6.
Old 09-09-2003, 02:21 PM   #17
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

Big Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond repute

geez, i'm a mix of all of them!
Old 09-09-2003, 02:25 PM   #18
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

u2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond repute

Mandyahl and BBL.......

awwwwwww!!!!! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img]
Old 09-09-2003, 02:31 PM   #19
Caliente
Diamond Member

U2, will you please stop acting like Chuck Woolery?
[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
Old 09-09-2003, 02:35 PM   #20
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

Big Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond repute

as great as mandy is, she's a little young for me right now...

oh yeah, and i'm engaged. forgot about that. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
Old 09-09-2003, 02:48 PM   #21
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

u2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
U2, will you please stop acting like Chuck Woolery?
[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
LOL.....

I want to be the best man at the first Dallas-Mavs.com inspired wedding.
Old 09-09-2003, 02:56 PM   #22
Caliente
Diamond Member

You mean there hasn't been one yet?
[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]
Hope springs eternal.
Old 09-09-2003, 10:15 PM   #23
Smiles
Diamond Member

Smiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud of

I have to agree with Mandyahl - a mix is definitely ideal. [img]i/expressions/present.gif[/img] My mood changes, so he'd be well served if his dominant trait fluctuated from time to time. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] [img]i/expressions/heart.gif[/img]
Old 09-09-2003, 11:18 PM   #24
XERXES
Diamond Member

XERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud of

I'm #'s 1,2,3 & 6 - If that is possible...

in fact, after reading that, I'm having an identity crisis. thanks chiwas.
Old 09-10-2003, 01:07 AM   #25
OutletPass
Diamond Member

OutletPass is just really niceOutletPass is just really niceOutletPass is just really niceOutletPass is just really niceOutletPass is just really niceOutletPass is just really nice

MFF lies ! She's a #3 type of girl.
Old 09-10-2003, 09:02 AM   #26
Ummmmm Ok
Platinum Member

Ummmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to allUmmmmm Ok is a name known to all

Oh great, I am the Nice Family Intellectual Jock. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Too many leaders act as if the sheep.. their people.. are there for the benefit of the shepherd, not that the shepherd has responsibility for the sheep. Ken Blanchard

What we think determines what happens to us, so if we want to change our lives, we need to stretch our minds. Wayne Dyer

These are things that I read and live by!
Ummmmm Ok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2003, 11:31 AM   #27
Chiwas
Guru

Quote:
Originally posted by: XERXES
I'm #'s 1,2,3 & 6 - If that is possible...

in fact, after reading that, I'm having an identity crisis. thanks chiwas.
You started this with your schizofrenia thing. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
Old 09-10-2003, 12:00 PM   #28
Caliente
Diamond Member

**giggle**