Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > The Lounge

Old 02-05-2008, 12:04 PM   #161
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flacolaco
I am disappointed by the lack of LOST discussion. I finally get caught up in the LOST madness that certain people around here convinced me to join in on, there's more stuff to discuss than ever before, and this thread is quiet...
crank it up dawg....I'll dance wit cha.....

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-05-2008, 12:28 PM   #162
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

Big Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond repute

i post on another website that has strict rules about spoilers. actually has the ability to hide spoilers with spoiler tags.

so either we clearly mark things as spoilers, or we don't allow them at all. but it's hard to enforce...
Old 02-05-2008, 12:41 PM   #163
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

I'm concerned for this show, and the structure they had finally mapped out: 48 episodes.

We have 8, and next week when the strike might be over, they have to make a decision. They will probably have enough time to produce say, 2 more episodes for this television season. ABC will not extend the LOST season past regular ratings periods.

So they'll have to decide, "Do we want to cram 8 episodes into 2, or at least write a very hurried cliffhanger" or "Do we just wait until next year, merging those 8, into the remaining 32"?

It's far more likely they will merge the 8 they had planned, into the 32 remaining. So we'll get screwed out of 8 hours of LOST because of the strike.

Last edited by Flacolaco; 02-05-2008 at 12:41 PM.
Flacolaco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2008, 12:49 PM   #164
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

u2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond repute

Well.... at least the pessimism isn't focused solely on the Dallas sports teams....
Old 02-05-2008, 12:58 PM   #165
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

Big Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond repute

i'm really strongly hoping they'll air the other 8 in the fall. If the strike ends soon, they have to be able to film and produce them in time. What would ABC rather have? there probably won't be many (if any) new pilots. No way they try to air something in the summer, that would be dumb. But the fall, I have to believe is achievable.

that still allows them to stick to their original airing schedule of next season being aired in February 2009.

More episodes also means higher DVD price.
Old 02-05-2008, 01:00 PM   #166
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

I wonder what the actors contracts are like. Surely they can't hold these people hostage all year round so that they can't work on any other projects?
Old 02-05-2008, 01:02 PM   #167
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

that is a great point, but think about it like this - what other projects are there to work on? it's not like new movie scripts or TV pilots are being written right now.

I'd imagine they'd be happy to be working on something.
Old 02-05-2008, 01:08 PM   #168
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Amen to that.

I think the DVD point is a good one. DVD sales are big time money, and how much can you charge for a 8 episode, 2 disc set?
Old 02-05-2008, 02:36 PM   #169
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

There is no way in hell they will merge anything. ABC isn't going to willingly lose episodes. That's lost ad revenue and as mentioned before, lost DVD revenue.

I would bet that ABC tried to pull more episodes out of the writers when they established their current plan. It would explain why they're stretching it out like they are.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2008, 02:46 PM   #170
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Maybe a 24 episode season 5, then finish with 16 for season 6?

thiggy is right, as always. The ad money from 8, Thursday prime time slots must be pretty substantial.
Old 02-05-2008, 04:16 PM   #171
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

so yall don't actually want to talk about the show, huh?

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
Old 02-05-2008, 04:18 PM   #172
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

kate are teh hot~~~~~
Old 02-05-2008, 04:22 PM   #173
sike
The Preacha

Quote:
kate are teh hot~~~~~
i noticed how gross her shirt is...which reminds me how bad she must be stinking....which of course.....is hot!

Old 02-05-2008, 04:29 PM   #174
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Quote:
Yeah, I saw it. I hadn't really been playing the Find 815.com game, but I had been following along on lostpedia.com. The commercial was a tie-in to the game.

The whole point of the game was to illustrate how what Naomi said was true....they did (seemingly) find flight 815 in the Sunda Trench. (Which btw, is the Indian Ocean, a really really long way from where the island supposedly is)

I assume the Orchid station video (http://www.lostpedia.com/wiki/Orchid), might have something to do with them finding that plane. Or maybe that's what they want us to think.
If you want to comment on something, sike, comment on the finding of the plane in the trench in the Indian Ocean. I was trying to talk about it, and no one commented.

It's nuts.
Old 02-05-2008, 04:34 PM   #175
sike
The Preacha

Quote:
If you want to comment on something, sike, comment on the finding of the plane in the trench in the Indian Ocean. I was trying to talk about it, and no one commented.

It's nuts.
but that would mean the island could produce the "doubling" effect from long range, right?

the plane being found in the Indian Ocean would make sense with that theory though....

I remember that early on, the writers promised that the end result of "what the heck is going on" would be an explanation that could be found in reality...but with all the craziness of the Jacob character and the monster....it seems they have lost their way from that original concept...(pun intended).

Old 02-05-2008, 04:34 PM   #176
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

so i've read all kinds of theories. these aren't spoilers, as they aren't based in anything. just theories.

we knew the possibility of the plane being found because of what Naomi said when she was found. That they found the plane, and everyone was dead.

so what happened? I believe you linked to the Orchid video, Flaco. With the duplicate rabbits. Are the Losties duplicates? With their original selves on the bottom of the ocean?

If so, how? Are they clones that were made at the time that the crash occurred? Is there some sort of time travel involved?
Old 02-05-2008, 04:38 PM   #177
sike
The Preacha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Boy Laroux
so i've read all kinds of theories. these aren't spoilers, as they aren't based in anything. just theories.

we knew the possibility of the plane being found because of what Naomi said when she was found. That they found the plane, and everyone was dead.

so what happened? I believe you linked to the Orchid video, Flaco. With the duplicate rabbits. Are the Losties duplicates? With their original selves on the bottom of the ocean?

If so, how? Are they clones that were made at the time that the crash occurred? Is there some sort of time travel involved?
and how does this island seem to have a will all it's own....that is just creepy

Old 02-05-2008, 04:39 PM   #178
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

Or maybe Naomi just flat out lied?

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
Old 02-05-2008, 04:44 PM   #179
sike
The Preacha

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthig32
seems more likely that she said whatever she needed to at the time....though they didn't present her as a liar

Old 02-05-2008, 04:45 PM   #180
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by sike
seems more likely that she said whatever she needed to at the time....though they didn't present her as a liar
Well I guess it just depends on what her and her people end up being. If Ben is telling the truth and they are in some way dangerous and out to get the people on the island, I think it's possible that she just lied.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
Old 02-05-2008, 04:49 PM   #181
sike
The Preacha

Quote:
Well I guess it just depends on what her and her people end up being. If Ben is telling the truth and they are in some way dangerous and out to get the people on the island, I think it's possible that she just lied.
it is possible she wasn't "in on the plan" of her compadres...

by the way, Ben is never wrong...not by much anyway.

Old 02-05-2008, 04:50 PM   #182
sike
The Preacha

Quote:
Well I guess it just depends on what her and her people end up being.
well one thing is for sure...they aren't just a search and rescue team.

I'm so puzzled as to way only 6 decide to leave....

Old 02-05-2008, 04:52 PM   #183
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

Quote:
well one thing is for sure...they aren't just a search and rescue team.

I'm so puzzled as to way only 6 decide to leave....
Decided to leave...or were able to leave?

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
Old 02-05-2008, 04:55 PM   #184
sike
The Preacha

Quote:
Decided to leave...or were able to leave?
indeed. I'm thinking chose to leave....but we'll see....could easily go either way.

Old 02-05-2008, 04:55 PM   #185
sike
The Preacha

I just wanna know how many got left behind....and how many are dead.

Old 02-05-2008, 04:59 PM   #186
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

In the game, they were looking for the Black Rock, and found 815.

I wonder if the plane could be an elaborate cover up? But of course, then why not put it in the pacific ocean?

Are you all familiar with the vile vortices theories?

http://lostpedia.com/wiki/Vile_Vortices_(theory)

Who knows any more. It just doesn't make sense about the plane.
Old 02-05-2008, 05:02 PM   #187
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Quote:
I just wanna know how many got left behind....and how many are dead.
From that newspaper clipping that Jack had, the "Through the Looking glass" flashforward was 2.5 years in the future from the crash (I think)

I would hate to think that Sawyer and company get left on the island for that long. I wonder if they flash forwards are going to work themselves to their own conclusion, that somehow affects past events. We've already seen Desmond "time travel" sort of.
Old 02-05-2008, 05:04 PM   #188
sike
The Preacha

Quote:

I wonder if the plane could be an elaborate cover up? But of course, then why not put it in the pacific ocean?

what game????

that link is no good, flaco...you dummy

Old 02-05-2008, 05:05 PM   #189
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

Quote:
From that newspaper clipping that Jack had, the "Through the Looking glass" flashforward was 2.5 years in the future from the crash (I think)

I would hate to think that Sawyer and company get left on the island for that long. I wonder if they flash forwards are going to work themselves to their own conclusion, that somehow affects past events. We've already seen Desmond "time travel" sort of.
Whoah, whoah. Why are we assuming that Sawyer got left behind? Is that from the spoiler?

I thought the speculation was that when Kate said "I have to get back to him" or something along those lines in Jack's flashforward episode, that she was referring to Sawyer.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
Old 02-05-2008, 05:06 PM   #190
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

http://lostpedia.com/wiki/Vile_Vortices_%28theory%29

Apologies.
Old 02-05-2008, 05:07 PM   #191
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Quote:
Whoah, whoah. Why are we assuming that Sawyer got left behind? Is that from the spoiler?

I thought the speculation was that when Kate said "I have to get back to him" or something along those lines in Jack's flashforward episode, that she was referring to Sawyer.
He went with Locke, it didn't seem like he wanted to get found?

I'm assuming that desmond was telling the truth about Claire and Aaron...although I wonder if Aaron would count as one of the 6.
Old 02-05-2008, 05:09 PM   #192
sike
The Preacha

Quote:
ummmmm, so did hurley

Old 02-05-2008, 05:09 PM   #193
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

Quote:

I'm assuming that desmond was telling the truth about Claire and Aaron...although I wonder if Aaron would count as one of the 6.
Well Hurley went with Locke too. I don't think we can make the assumption that going with Locke has any bearing on people getting off the island.

And the way Hurley and Jack talked about having to go back for them, I doubt it was a choice thing. Just my opinion.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
Old 02-05-2008, 05:10 PM   #194
sike
The Preacha

by the way...if they just kinda drop the desmond physic stuff...that would be rather weak writing...they can't just introduce something like that and then pretend that it never happened. There should be serious inroads there...and with the "numbers" and with the "monster" and with what the freak "Jacob" is....

Old 02-05-2008, 05:13 PM   #195
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

I was thinking that the weird guy in the orientation video that has different names in them, maybe it's not the same guy. Maybe he's like the bunnies?

Last edited by Flacolaco; 02-05-2008 at 05:13 PM.
Flacolaco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2008, 05:15 PM   #196
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

Quote:

if i remember that episode correctly, she legitimately was surprised when they told her they were the survivors of flight 815. that was obviously a big news story.

i think her freighter is related to dharma, not the plane crash.
Old 02-05-2008, 05:15 PM   #197
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Quote:
And the way Hurley and Jack talked about having to go back for them, I doubt it was a choice thing. Just my opinion.
That's worth talking about as well. In what manner do they leave, that they don't want to tell anyone about the island, or survivors?

That cop asked Hurley if he met Ana Lucia on the plane, not on the island. Probably doesn't even know about the island.

I would prefer to think that they have been forced into their silence, rather than choosing it. Hurley certainly has.
Old 02-05-2008, 05:17 PM   #198
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

Quote:

hmmm, has anyone ever mentioned that? I don't know...

http://www.dallas-mavs.com/vb/showth...ces#post448770

http://www.dallas-mavs.com/vb/showth...ces#post466347
Old 02-05-2008, 05:20 PM   #199
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Sorry BBL, I wasn't a lostie back then.
Old 02-05-2008, 05:22 PM   #200
sike
The Preacha

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Boy Laroux
ok, ok....you ARE the bigger nerd...happy now?