Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 11-05-2004, 02:35 PM   #1
ddh33
Platinum Member

ddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant futureddh33 has a brilliant future
Default Outlaw to the Mavs?

ESPN Insider reports that the Mavs are one of three teams seriously interested in signing Bo Outlaw, who was cut earlier this week by the Grizz. The Suns and Heat are also interested, with Shaq making a personal plea.

Make sense? Outlaw to Dallas?
ddh33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-05-2004, 02:38 PM   #2
madape
Diamond Member

madape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to behold
Default RE: Outlaw to the Mavs?

Outlaw? No way. No way in hell. This is man who's time has past, and even when it was his time, he just wasn't that good. I'll keep Henderson and Booth.
madape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2004, 02:38 PM   #3
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

FilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the rough
Default RE:Outlaw to the Mavs?

He's probably a heat but i'd love his energy off the bench. Not sure if he is going to be satisfied with the minutes he will recieve but i'd definately try to obtain him. If we don't get him it's nothing to cry over but he provides that same type of energy Eddie brought last season and it will only make our team better. It will also probably give Nellie a reason to play small ball. BTW, why was Outlaw cut? Memphis fans on other message boards seem to be upset about it. Did he want to be cut?

1996-2005
FilthyFinMavs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2004, 02:56 PM   #4
grndmstr_c
Diamond Member

grndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond repute

I wonder who'd be moved and how to make room for him, but I can't argue with the interest. Good defense, hustle guy. Has looked very good by +/- stats each of the last two years playing for different teams.
Old 11-05-2004, 02:58 PM   #5
LRB
Guru

LRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
I wonder who'd be moved and how to make room for him
My guess would be Dickeau since he's the cheapest of the players who don't have a future in Dallas.
Old 11-05-2004, 02:59 PM   #6
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

u2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond repute

If so many top teams are interested in him, why would Memphis cut him?
Old 11-05-2004, 03:00 PM   #7
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point

ESPNothingintheirbag.
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2004, 03:08 PM   #8
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

ESPeNtertainmentifnothingmore
EricaLubarsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2004, 03:12 PM   #9
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

I liked Outlaw a lot in Phoenix from what I saw. I'm not sure why Memphis would cut him.

He played in all 82 games last season, averaging 4.6ppg, 4.2rpg, 1.1apg, 0.85bpg, 0.89spg in 19.6mpg.

Seems like a perfect backup to me- he plays his heart out every minute he's on the court. While Dirk is out he'd come in and play energetic D while our 5 guards scored. Unless he's a cancer, which would be new to me, I don't know why he'd become a FA.

Quote:
The Bulls would like to sign Outlaw, who played for coach Scott Skiles in Phoenix, but operations chief John Paxson expects Outlaw to sign with a better team, the Chicago Sun-Times reports.
from here
Old 11-05-2004, 03:19 PM   #10
LRB
Guru

LRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally posted by: u2sarajevo
If so many top teams are interested in him, why would Memphis cut him?
My guess would be that they don't need him to fill a role. Outlaw is strictly a role player and Memphis may have other players better suited to fill that role.
Old 11-05-2004, 03:23 PM   #11
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

In the New Orleans game I clearly remember the announcers saying that Nellie said that in the previous game Henderson played harder than anyone else on the team. Either that is evidence that Outlaw isnt coming here, or Nellie was just talking out his butt before waiving/trading Henderson.

Signing Outlaw certainly would be a hit to AH. It would basically mean the IR for him if he stayed.
Old 11-05-2004, 03:51 PM   #12
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

as nice as Bo (great name) might fit here, I don't see a need for him....

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2004, 04:53 PM   #13
The Miles

The Miles is on a distinguished road

I see a need for him, he would create competition for backup PF minutes which makes our team better. Either Alan steps up or Bo improves us, we win either way. Dickau has no meaning here anyways, sign Outlaw and if injuries hit we have a guy that can play SF/PF/C and brings insane energy.

"When you (Coach Johnson) get behind your players like that it’s something special. He’s the general and we are soldiers, you go out there and want to lay it all on the line…that’s the type of situation I wanted to be in."-Doug Christie
The Miles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2004, 05:02 PM   #14
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

there must be a reason they kept Dickau...I doubt that reason was so they could cut him for Bo Outlaw.

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
Old 11-05-2004, 05:27 PM   #15
SeriousSummer
Golden Member

SeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant future

Only if you could finally get rid of TAW. Then you could put MBenga on the IR and let him work with Pavel until he was ready to contribute. (and Dickau could take turns feeding Pavel and MBenga on the post & letting them work one-on-one on their post moves).
SeriousSummer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2004, 05:36 PM   #16
LRB
Guru

Quote:
Originally posted by: sike
there must be a reason they kept Dickau...I doubt that reason was so they could cut him for Bo Outlaw.
I thought that the reason was so that they wouldn't have to pay his salary and the luxary tax associated with it while he played for someother team.
Old 11-05-2004, 05:53 PM   #17
mavsfan7

mavsfan7 is on a distinguished road

Just saw on the Suns board that it was on the radio saying Bo would be signing with them by Sunday. They waived a player yesterday to have an available roster spot for him. Oh well we dont really need him
mavsfan7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2004, 06:32 PM   #18
cheesestar
Golden Member

cheesestar will become famous soon enough

i dont think he would made a difference at all.
cheesestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2004, 11:24 PM   #19
sike
The Preacha

well, I dont like him going to the Spurs thats for sure....they just picked up another M. Rose type guy...double...nay, triple drats!

Old 11-05-2004, 11:47 PM   #20
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Suns. Suns. Suns, she said! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2004, 11:55 PM   #21
sike
The Preacha

Quote:
Originally posted by: chumdawg
Suns. Suns. Suns, she said! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
I was just testing you dawg [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

now its only a single drats [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 11-06-2004, 12:59 AM   #22
basketball jonessss

basketball jonessss is on a distinguished road

Don't need him.
Old 11-06-2004, 12:02 PM   #23
vinnieponte

vinnieponte is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally posted by: madape
Outlaw? No way. No way in hell. This is man who's time has past, and even when it was his time, he just wasn't that good. I'll keep Henderson and Booth.
sounds like you're speaking of bradley ape [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
Old 11-06-2004, 02:18 PM   #24
fin4life

fin4life is on a distinguished road

At this point, I think that alan henderson should be our backup PF over Bo. I'm glad that we didnt get rid of dickau for him. We had no need for him and he would get no minutes.
fin4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2004, 03:46 PM   #25
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

FilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally posted by: fin4life
At this point, I think that alan henderson should be our backup PF over Bo. I'm glad that we didnt get rid of dickau for him. We had no need for him and he would get no minutes.
And we have a need for Dickau?

1996-2005
FilthyFinMavs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2004, 03:54 PM   #26
dalmations202
Diamond Member

dalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond repute

Doesn't matter, he is going to the Suns now.

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have". Gerald Ford

"Life's tough, it's even tougher if you're stupid." -John Wayne

There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty:
soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.
-Capt. Bob "Wolf" Johnson
dalmations202 is offline   Reply With Quote