Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Trade and Draft Board

Old 10-23-2005, 11:35 AM   #1
SeriousSummer
Golden Member

SeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant future
Default Nene to Dallas?

Denver, purportedly, wants to trade Nene because they lack minutes for him and think they won't be able to resign him this summer. How about the following trade to bring him to Dallas:

Nene, Voshon Leonard & Najera

for

Stackhouse and DJ Mbenga

Denver gets the scorer at shooting guard that they've been looking for and a cheaper back up to develop at Center. Dallas gets Nene and two players to balance out the deal. Probably Voshon Leonard is cut, although it might be Najera or Marshall.
SeriousSummer is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-23-2005, 11:54 AM   #2
birdsanctuary
Platinum Member

birdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to allbirdsanctuary is a name known to all
Default RE:Nene to Dallas?

I think this is a fairly good trade for either team.

Stack certainly gives Denver veteran leadership and a fairly consistent answer at the 2.
I think moving Stack makes a lot of sense given the fact that Daniels is healthy and ready to be a serious defensive contributor. I love Stack, but I think he's the most logical trading piece.

I believe this trade would work under the CBA.

This has to be a no brainer for Dallas. Pure bias though, I'd like to see Eddie back in a Dallas jersey.

Old 10-24-2005, 03:47 PM   #3
XERXES
Diamond Member

XERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud of
Default RE: Nene to Dallas?

I'd do it - if for no other reason than we traded Fin and STILL have a glut at the 2!
Old 10-24-2005, 03:58 PM   #4
Minime

Minime is on a distinguished road

That would help Dallas a lot, because Avery wouldnt't have to worry about the situation as Stack as 6th man and we would have to equal Centers.
Minime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2005, 03:59 PM   #5
Minime

Minime is on a distinguished road

That would help Dallas a lot, because Avery wouldnt't have to worry about the situation as Stack as 6th man and we would have to equal Centers.
Minime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2005, 06:17 PM   #6
DubOverdose
Diamond Member

DubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant future

That trade is ideal. IMO, everyone wins. Denver fills their huge gap with a good veteran, with lots of heart. Dallas gets more depth at C, and frees up space for JPo and Marquis. Based on the preseason (I know, I know) JPo seems like he will be able to be a contributer, atleast in a backup role ~15mpg. Devin should also contribute more this season, in which case Terry can slide to the 2 more often. DA always can take some time at the 1 as well.
DubOverdose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2005, 01:28 AM   #7
Dirkenstien
Diamond Member

Dirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant future

That would be a great deal for us, however, I'm sure Denver could get higher offers from another team starving for a big man.

''Nowitzki'' is a German word that, translated, means, ''Good Lord, doesn't this guy ever miss?''

-Miami paper on Dirk Nowitzki
Dirkenstien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2005, 01:52 AM   #8
alby
Guru

alby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond repute

link to Denver looking to trade Nene?

Contact Me
Twitter: www.twitter.com/alnguyen84
Facebook: www.facebook.com/alnguyen84
alby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2005, 11:16 AM   #9
dalmations202
Diamond Member

dalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond repute

Denver will want more, and a backup Big that has some proven experience.

Where would you fit Nene here in Dallas? Starting in front of Damp? Dirk will start at PF, which would allow Nene to go to the C, but where would that leave $70M man?

I don't think Dallas trades for Nene, unless they have given up on Damp, and it is part of a multiway deal that moves Damp to a team needing a Big. I don't think Dallas has given up on Damp yet. Nene has to start wherever he goes, or he will get a super deal to start somewhere.

It might be the right idea to get Nene, but I think you have lots of issues with personnel if you do, unless Damp is part of that trade.

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have". Gerald Ford

"Life's tough, it's even tougher if you're stupid." -John Wayne

There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty:
soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.
-Capt. Bob "Wolf" Johnson
dalmations202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2005, 11:29 AM   #10
SeriousSummer
Golden Member

SeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant future

One place Nene trade rumors have been listed:

http://www.hoopshype.com/rumors.htm
SeriousSummer is offline   Reply With Quote