Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Around the NBA

Old 08-30-2002, 10:55 PM   #1
#1MavsFan
Golden Member

#1MavsFan is a name known to all#1MavsFan is a name known to all#1MavsFan is a name known to all#1MavsFan is a name known to all#1MavsFan is a name known to all#1MavsFan is a name known to all#1MavsFan is a name known to all#1MavsFan is a name known to all

Marbury suspended a game, to serve 10 days

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Associated Press

PHOENIX -- Phoenix Suns guard Stephon Marbury was suspended for one game by the NBA and will serve 10 days in jail after pleading no contest Friday to extreme driving under the influence.

Marbury, who entered the plea in Scottsdale Municipal Court, also agreed to pay a $1,000 fine and attend alcohol education classes. He was scheduled to start serving the sentence Saturday, according to court records.

"Rather than extend this process and try to avoid my obligations, I fully intend to serve the required penalty levied by the court,'' Marbury said in a statement released by the Suns.

Marbury will sit out Phoenix's season opener at Seattle on Oct. 30. He also will match his one-game suspension fine amount in the form of a charitable contribution to alcohol abuse and awareness programs, the Suns said.

"Most important to me, however, is that the message be heard loud and clear that I was wrong to do what I did,'' Marbury's statement read. "I am fortunate no one was hurt by my actions. I pledge I will do what I can through personal and financial outreach to heighten the awareness of the dangers of drinking and driving.''

Marbury, acquired a year ago by the Suns in the trade that sent Jason Kidd to New Jersey, was stopped Feb. 8 while driving his Bentley convertible 25 miles above the speed limit on a busy Scottsdale street. He registered a 0.18 blood alcohol level, more than twice Arizona's legal limit. A level about 0.15 is considered extreme DUI.

Suns president Bryan Colangelo said that while he was disappointed in Marbury's actions, "I do believe he has learned a great deal from this experience and that he is regretful for his actions.''
#1MavsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-31-2002, 04:00 PM   #2
Evilmav2
Diamond Member

Evilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond repute

An interpretive depiction of Stephon Marbury's worth to the Suns...
Old 09-01-2002, 10:47 AM   #3
MavKikiNYC
Diamond Member

MavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to behold

There are those who would say that Marbury is a poor second to Iverson on the court.

This little DUI thing is small potatoes compared to Ivy's fine off-court example as well.
MavKikiNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2002, 05:03 PM   #4
#1MavsFan
Golden Member

#1MavsFan is a name known to all#1MavsFan is a name known to all#1MavsFan is a name known to all#1MavsFan is a name known to all#1MavsFan is a name known to all#1MavsFan is a name known to all#1MavsFan is a name known to all#1MavsFan is a name known to all

Rose's passenger suffers non-life-threatening wounds

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Associated Press

LOS ANGELES -- A passenger in a car driven by Chicago Bulls guard Jalen Rose was shot in the face during a carjacking attempt early Tuesday.

Rose was not hurt. The passenger was hospitalized, but his injury was not life-threatening, police Officer Ed Funes said.

The pair, traveling in a new Bentley, were approached at about 3 a.m. in Brentwood by an armed man who demanded the car.

Rose sped away, but the suspect started firing, striking the 34-year-old passenger, Funes said.

Authorities withheld the passenger's name because the suspect is still at-large.

The 29-year-old Rose, a member of the "Fab Five'' at Michigan from 1991-94, left after his junior year to play in the NBA. He was traded from Indiana to Chicago in February

#1MavsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2002, 09:11 AM   #5
MavKikiNYC
Diamond Member

MavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to behold

Dick Bavetta was NOT one of the jackers.
MavKikiNYC is offline   Reply With Quote