Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 04-25-2022, 06:20 PM   #1
Dallas41
Diamond Member

Dallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud of

I personally don't think this series has been officiated as bad as some make it out to be.

The Mavs got plenty of FT's in those 1st 3 games which honestly surprised me considering Luka was out. Yet both Brunson and Dinwiddie were both up around 6-8 FT's Per game.

If anything the Mavs should have swept this series if not for bad FT shooting in Game 1 by Dinwiddie and then Powell missed GW FT's in game 4.

Mavs are at home and if they don't attack the paint like they did in games 2 & 3 then I wouldn't expect the ref's to give them any home cooking. Usually the teams that are more aggressive in the playoffs are getting to the FT Line.

Too much of the series has been about this call or that call and the end of the day Dallas blew two games because of their own doings.

With Phoenix struggling to put away New Orleans, I sure hope the Mavs realize this is golden opportunity in front of them to possibly get the WCF which none of us thought was possible coming into the playoffs.

Last edited by Dallas41; 04-25-2022 at 06:22 PM.
Dallas41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2022, 07:06 PM   #2
G-Man
Platinum Member

G-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dallas41 View Post
If anything the Mavs should have swept this series if not for bad FT shooting in Game 1 by Dinwiddie and then Powell missed GW FT's in game 4...Too much of the series has been about this call or that call and the end of the day Dallas blew two games because of their own doings.
When a team loses a game by one point, you can choose to blame any missed shot for costing the game. I don't like to single out the guy who missed the last shot, or had the last turnover, when, earlier, someone else may have blown 3 layups.

But if you do want to blame something that happened in the last minute, I'll go with the no-foul call that the NBA admits was wrong, that wiped out 3 of the Mavs 4 point lead.
Old 04-25-2022, 07:33 PM   #3
Dallas41
Diamond Member

Dallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-Man View Post
When a team loses a game by one point, you can choose to blame any missed shot for costing the game. I don't like to single out the guy who missed the last shot, or had the last turnover, when, earlier, someone else may have blown 3 layups.

But if you do want to blame something that happened in the last minute, I'll go with the no-foul call that the NBA admits was wrong, that wiped out 3 of the Mavs 4 point lead.
Sure if you want to go that route

But those things are things you can't control right?

The things the Mavs could control was Dinwiddie's 6 missed FT's in game 1 and Powell's 2 Missed FT's in game 4.

Those are things the players control not the ref's.

And keep in mind most coaches and players will tell you they don't worry about the refs just the things that they can control.

Maybe I'm in the minority but I really don't bother getting into the officiating and that's why I very rarely mention them.

I also believe one of the biggest issues this year with the Cowboys was that they focused too much on the officiating and as opposed to doing their jobs on the field and playing through that stuff.
Dallas41 is offline   Reply With Quote