Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 12-11-2008, 05:58 AM   #1
ghazi
Platinum Member

ghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud of
Default Bobcats @ Mavs GDT 12/11/2008 7:30pm CST

6 hours into the day and nobody's started it? Well I will!

Take care of business boys, I'm assuming Bell/Diaw will not have passed their physicals by then? And of course J-Rich is gone... should be an easy W.

Anything less than a 12 point victory will be a "moral defeat" .
ghazi is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-11-2008, 06:00 AM   #2
alby
Guru

alby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond repute

grow a pair and start a GDT against a real opponent =}

Contact Me
Twitter: www.twitter.com/alnguyen84
Facebook: www.facebook.com/alnguyen84
alby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2008, 08:01 AM   #3
Bayliss

Bayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond repute

Will the new Bobcats be in uniform?
Bayliss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2008, 08:14 AM   #4
ghazi
Platinum Member

ghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud of

My initial thought on the Suns trade is that it'll probably net them 3-4 more wins this year, but they will still finish 7th, 8th, or out of the playoffs entirely.

Kinda off topic, but it did involve the Bobcats :P.
ghazi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2008, 08:59 AM   #5
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

This is a win.

DevinHarriswillstart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2008, 09:33 AM   #6
dmack24

dmack24 will become famous soon enoughdmack24 will become famous soon enough

Things just got interesting guys!

The bobcats made a trade late last night

Richardson/Dudley

for

Diaw/Bell/Singletary

Dirk has struggled against Diaw in the past and the bobcats plan on this lineup s tarting

pg-felton/augistine
sg-felton/bell
sf-wallace
pf-Diaw
C-Okafor

Do you think we play small ball along with them? BTW they are rushing the physicals and they should play tonight!

Last edited by dmack24; 12-11-2008 at 09:35 AM.
dmack24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2008, 09:35 AM   #7
Dirkenstien
Diamond Member

Dirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant future

I still don't understand why the Bobcats made that move. I still don't understand how we couldn't put a better offer together around Bass.

Anyways, Mavs win tonight by 14.

''Nowitzki'' is a German word that, translated, means, ''Good Lord, doesn't this guy ever miss?''

-Miami paper on Dirk Nowitzki
Dirkenstien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2008, 10:00 AM   #8
dmack24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirkenstien View Post
I still don't understand why the Bobcats made that move. I still don't understand how we couldn't put a better offer together around Bass.

That was a stupid trade for the cats

Look for Dirk and Barrea to have anather big night.
Old 12-11-2008, 10:23 AM   #9
sefant77
Guru

sefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond repute

Brown quote that Wallace probably is still on the funeral travel.

Must win

We gonna see a looooooooooot of the 3 guard stuff against the Felton/Augustin backcourt.

Last edited by sefant77; 12-11-2008 at 10:24 AM.
sefant77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2008, 10:31 AM   #10
dmack24

Quote:
Originally Posted by sefant77 View Post
Brown quote that Wallace probably is still on the funeral travel.

Must win

We gonna see a looooooooooot of the 3 guard stuff against the Felton/Augustin backcourt.
That means we will play probably against this lineup

If the Physicals do not get through which they should we will see this lineup

pg-Augistine
sg-felton
sf-morrison
pf-may
c-Okafor

We cannot let augistine or felton drive and kick it out for Morrison for the easy three. Okafor will have trouble guarding dirk; and may will not stop Damp. JJ will be too fast for Felton; either way i believe the cats are screwed in this one. Not to mention Morrison is a huge liability for them on defense.
Old 12-11-2008, 10:35 AM   #11
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirkenstien View Post

Agreed. I still don't get how management wants cap space for 2010 but wants to win a championship now.

If you want a championship now then who cares about 2010? I think we could win a championship this season with the right trade but that might mean taking on a long-term contract that possibly affects 2010.

DevinHarriswillstart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2008, 10:47 AM   #12
dmack24

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevinHarriswillstart View Post
Agreed. I still don't get how management wants cap space for 2010 but wants to win a championship now.

If you want a championship now then who cares about 2010? I think we could win a championship this season with the right trade but that might mean taking on a long-term contract that possibly affects 2010.
With Kidds contract it makes it hard for us to do anything.
Old 12-11-2008, 10:51 AM   #13
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmack24 View Post
Things just got interesting guys!

The bobcats made a trade late last night

Richardson/Dudley

for

Diaw/Bell/Singletary

Dirk has struggled against Diaw in the past and the bobcats plan on this lineup s tarting

pg-felton/augistine
sg-felton/bell
sf-wallace
pf-Diaw
C-Okafor

Do you think we play small ball along with them? BTW they are rushing the physicals and they should play tonight!

Epic FAIL

You even edited this... and still came up with this awesome lineup.
SMC0007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2008, 10:55 AM   #14
dmack24

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMC0007 View Post
Epic FAIL

You even edited this... and still came up with this awesome lineup.
hey i would like constructive criticism and ideas from others about tonights game. Your life is an epic fail based on the maturity of your posts.
Old 12-11-2008, 10:57 AM   #15
horse900703
Diamond Member

horse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud of

Lets win this game!!
horse900703 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2008, 10:57 AM   #16
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
hey i would like constructive criticism and ideas from others about tonights game. Your life is an epic fail based on the maturity of your posts.

LOL

Felton
Felton
Felton
Wallace
Okafor

With Felton, Augustine and Felton and Diaw coming off the bench.
Old 12-11-2008, 11:05 AM   #17
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

This GDT is getting off to an awesome start.

edit: And I don't like being the "other game" on Thursday night. Thursday night is for TNT games, and then there's usually one "other game." I don't like being those guys. It reminds me how unimportant we are now.

Last edited by Flacolaco; 12-11-2008 at 11:08 AM.
Flacolaco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2008, 11:12 AM   #18
Dmac25

Dmac25 is on a distinguished road

that was a bad trade for the bobcats in my opinion
Dmac25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2008, 11:16 AM   #19
SMC0007
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flacolaco View Post

edit: And I don't like being the "other game" on Thursday night. Thursday night is for TNT games, and then there's usually one "other game." I don't like being those guys. It reminds me how unimportant we are now.

Well it's probably better than hearing Barkley talk about how weak we are all night. Especially if CWebb is on set, he dogs us worse as if he's ever done anything.
Old 12-11-2008, 11:45 AM   #20
Kidd Karma
Diamond Member

Kidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant future

Morrison started played 37 minutes was 1-7 against the Hornets.

Bell's contract expires in 2010, so they knock about 6 million off their cap.....not that they'd attract, Wade, King or Bosh, but maybe a 2nd tier star looking for a pay day.
Kidd Karma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2008, 01:07 PM   #21
dirno2000
Diamond Member

dirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

I hate Thrusday games period because they always cause DVR issues in the 8:00 hour. That being said I think being the "other" game is more about the Bobcats than us.

Hard for me to get up for this one after Tuedsay. I'm going to focus on Duncanville vs. New York Lincoln.
Old 12-11-2008, 01:07 PM   #22
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

Yeah, I don't like that either, especially when it's a situation like a month back where we were supposed to be on TNT (@Chicago), but got flexed out of that spot, even though the NBA very, very rarely lets the networks flex their broadcasts.

"Your'e a low-mentality drama gay queen!!" -- She_Growls
LonghornDub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2008, 01:21 PM   #23
joebobbill

joebobbill will become famous soon enoughjoebobbill will become famous soon enough

Questions:
1. Will Josh play?
2. Will Dirk shrug off playing the entire 2nd half and both overtimes against SA?
joebobbill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2008, 01:29 PM   #24
SMC0007
Guru

1)NO

2)Obviously- Dirk

Last edited by SMC0007; 12-11-2008 at 01:29 PM.
Old 12-11-2008, 01:50 PM   #25
dmack24

Its gonna be the same lineup and anather win against the bobcats!
Old 12-11-2008, 01:55 PM   #26
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Its gonna be the same lineup and anather win against the bobcats!
There is no such word as "anather" in the English language - the word you're searching for is "another" (no child left behind, my ass!)

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.

Last edited by Underdog; 12-11-2008 at 01:55 PM.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2008, 02:02 PM   #27
dmack24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog View Post
There is no such word as "anather" in the English language - the word you're searching for is "another" (no child left behind, my ass!)
WOW how creative of you! You must suffer from the Napoleon Complex. You have nothing of worth to add; except being a to people who do not agree with you.

Last edited by u2sarajevo; 12-11-2008 at 02:24 PM.
Old 12-11-2008, 02:07 PM   #28
endrity
Platinum Member

endrity has much to be proud ofendrity has much to be proud ofendrity has much to be proud ofendrity has much to be proud ofendrity has much to be proud ofendrity has much to be proud ofendrity has much to be proud ofendrity has much to be proud ofendrity has much to be proud ofendrity has much to be proud ofendrity has much to be proud of

LOL!!!
endrity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2008, 02:08 PM   #29
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
WOW how creative of you! You must suffer from the Napoleon Complex. You have nothing of worth to add; except being a to people who do not agree with you.
Sorry, but some of us are PASSIONATE about JJB...

I love this team too much for you come around here and assert that Dirk "my country lost WWII" Nowitzki is better than Juan Jose "my country is a country" Barea...

May the Dark Eye of MARK CUBAN burn your soul and leave nothing but crispy little chunks for David Stern to gnaw on for eternity!!!

[oh, and GO MAVS - I sacrificed the neighbors cat for tonight's victory...]

Last edited by u2sarajevo; 12-11-2008 at 02:25 PM.
Old 12-11-2008, 02:13 PM   #30
dmack24

Quote:

I love this team too much for you come around here and assert that Dirk "my country lost WWII" Nowitzki is better than Juan Jose "my country is a country" Barea...

May the Dark Eye of MARK CUBAN burn your soul and leave nothing but crispy little chunks for David Stern to gnaw on for eternity!!!

[oh, and GO MAVS - I sacrificed the neighbors cat for tonight's victory...]
WTF are you talking about? Im just glad our team is finally putting together some serious wins. I dont care who is in the game as long as we do so. Dirk is the leader and heart of this team; but he cannot do it alone he needs help from Terry,Kidd,Howard, Barea, and others to get the job done.
Old 12-11-2008, 02:16 PM   #31
Underdog

Quote:
WTF are you talking about? Im just glad our team is finally putting together some serious wins. I dont care who is in the game as long as we do so. Dirk is the leader and heart of this team; but he cannot do it alone he needs help from Terry,Kidd,Howard, Barea, and others to get the job done.
I question your patriotism and wonder aloud why you're so intent on helping the terrorists...

Last edited by Underdog; 12-11-2008 at 02:17 PM.
Old 12-11-2008, 02:17 PM   #32
12 Tone Melodies

12 Tone Melodies is a splendid one to behold12 Tone Melodies is a splendid one to behold12 Tone Melodies is a splendid one to behold12 Tone Melodies is a splendid one to behold12 Tone Melodies is a splendid one to behold12 Tone Melodies is a splendid one to behold12 Tone Melodies is a splendid one to behold12 Tone Melodies is a splendid one to behold12 Tone Melodies is a splendid one to behold12 Tone Melodies is a splendid one to behold12 Tone Melodies is a splendid one to behold

http://www.nba.com/news/referee.html
Referee Assignments
Dec 11, 2008
Charlotte @ Dallas--M. Callahan; K. Fehr; S. Wall

In my many years I have come to a conclusion that one useless man is a shame, two is a law firm, and three or more is a congress.
- John Adams
12 Tone Melodies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2008, 02:20 PM   #33
DirkFTW
Diamond Member

DirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmack24
Identity theft is not a joke, Underdog! Millions of people suffer every year!
Oh, that this exchange would have happened instead...

Is this ghost ball??
DirkFTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2008, 02:21 PM   #34
Underdog

Quote:
I made it awesomer for you...

Old 12-11-2008, 02:23 PM   #35
fluid.forty.one

fluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond repute

anather game anather win
fluid.forty.one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2008, 02:24 PM   #36
esoteric562

esoteric562 is a name known to allesoteric562 is a name known to allesoteric562 is a name known to allesoteric562 is a name known to allesoteric562 is a name known to allesoteric562 is a name known to allesoteric562 is a name known to allesoteric562 is a name known to allesoteric562 is a name known to all

easy win, GO MAVS
esoteric562 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2008, 02:27 PM   #37
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

u2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond repute

I think we will get anather win tonight!

Go Mavs!!! Go USA! Go tinkle (if you need to)!
Old 12-11-2008, 02:29 PM   #38
dmack24

Quote:
I question your patriotism and wonder aloud why you're so intent on helping the terrorists...
WTF are you even talking about?
Old 12-11-2008, 02:29 PM   #39
fluid.forty.one

fluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
WTF are you even talking about?
anather great post
fluid.forty.one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2008, 02:33 PM   #40
dmack24

Quote:
Originally Posted by fluid.forty.one View Post
anather great post
I do try lol; hey we should win this one; "Thank God"! The game is on fox sports south tonight right?

Tags
dj augustin is my boy, dj augustin is not a boy, gdt 08/09