Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 02-05-2011, 10:58 AM   #81
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick41 View Post
This.

Everybody in the NBA travels, yet it goes uncalled unless
it's blatantly obvious. Take Ginobili's game winner vs the Bucks for example, obvious travel there.

I honestly think NBA players travel on most wide open dunks and jump stops.
I agree...that is why it is very frustrating to see a ref call someone for crawfishing their pivot a little bit. But you'll see it.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-05-2011, 11:11 AM   #82
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

It is also obvious that if Kobe had been in that situation at the end, he would have jacked up a contested shot. Love the way the dirkster plays team ball.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2011, 11:24 AM   #83
wilmtalk

wilmtalk is a splendid one to beholdwilmtalk is a splendid one to beholdwilmtalk is a splendid one to beholdwilmtalk is a splendid one to beholdwilmtalk is a splendid one to beholdwilmtalk is a splendid one to beholdwilmtalk is a splendid one to beholdwilmtalk is a splendid one to beholdwilmtalk is a splendid one to beholdwilmtalk is a splendid one to beholdwilmtalk is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by grndmstr_c View Post
Way to step up, UD.--------------------And actually, I think this game did a pretty fair job of showing both why the impact of the loss of Caron on the Mavs has been in some ways overstated, yet is in other ways very real.

With regard to the former, look no further than the way the offense functioned for a decent chunk of the night (not to mention over the recent stretch of games). Much - not all - of what Caron contributed on that end of the court has been replaced by other guys, with Stevenson and JJB getting more minutes, and Chandler getting more touches. Beyond that, though, there's now only one guy on the court who really ever holds the ball and goes one-on-one, that being the game's most efficient go-to scorer, and because of that there's more motion and more activity out there on the offensive end. I think it shows.-----------------------
The announcers early in the game attributed the Dallas losing streak to the loss of Caron. Then later one of them mentioned that Dirk had also missed some games. I could not believe what I heard. But then again it should not be that big a surprise. They do this to diminish Dirks importance. It is almost like they are always looking for excuses to not give him credit for his importance to the team.

In reality early on the Mavs were winning games despite Caron sucking in the beginning of the season. I remember when most people on this board were calling for his head and wanted him traded. It was only when he stopped sucking that the Mavs were able to take it up a notch. He in essense ciesed being a libility on the court by playing within the flow of the offense instead of being a ball movement stopper. Granted he was playing his best when he was injured but his loss hurts mostly because of the hole it left in the rotation especially its effect on the second team offense. But realistically he was not as important as Chandler or even Kidd to the team.

As some one else mentioned announcers are often the last ones to catch on to changes in players abilitys and production. Often years behind. When you think about it they actually see less of a team than even the casual fans that follow that team. So why would any real fan give them any credibility as to their knowledge. They only seem knowledgable about teams to people who have absolutely no knowledge about those teams. To me their credibility is no different than carnaval barkers who are always trying to sell you something.
wilmtalk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2011, 11:31 AM   #84
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilmtalk View Post
As some one else mentioned announcers are often the last ones to catch on to changes in players abilitys and production. Often years behind. When you think about it they actually see less of a team than even the casual fans that follow that team. So why would any real fan give them any credibility as to their knowledge. They only seem knowledgable about teams to people who have absolutely no knowledge about those teams. To me their credibility is no different than carnaval barkers who are always trying to sell you something.
...and then there's Mark Followill, who somehow knows everything about everyone in the NBA - that guy busts out little-known facts about little-known players that even their home announcers have no clue about.

We Dallas fans might actually be blessed with the single-most knowledgeable TV announcer in the league.

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2011, 11:37 AM   #85
sefant77
Guru

sefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah, i really like our guys. And they have no problem to give lots of credit to the opponent.

The Thunder game was the worse this season, the announcer tried to bash Dirk on every possibility, probably because he is an MVP candidate like their golden child. They described Dirk as a TO machine out of the double team, a shooter that does "fundamentally everything wrong", told that Dirk didnt foul in the 4th not to foul out (he had zero fouls) etc.

Couldnt believe ppl get actually paid a lot for blatant bs
sefant77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2011, 11:43 AM   #86
TVI

TVI is a name known to allTVI is a name known to allTVI is a name known to allTVI is a name known to allTVI is a name known to allTVI is a name known to allTVI is a name known to allTVI is a name known to allTVI is a name known to allTVI is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick41 View Post
Take Ginobili's game winner vs the Bucks for example, obvious travel there.
I still can't understand why this falsehood is still being propagated. The rule clearly states that a player in motion (dribbling the ball) can "gather the ball" and then take two steps. Ginobili was still dribbling the ball. His step back occurs immediately after picking up his dribble (when he touches the ball with both hands). Look at the :59 second mark.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fDD0cym4gv4
Old 02-05-2011, 12:03 PM   #87
BGMaverick9
Guru

BGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog View Post
...and then there's Mark Followill, who somehow knows everything about everyone in the NBA - that guy busts out little-known facts about little-known players that even their home announcers have no clue about.

We Dallas fans might actually be blessed with the single-most knowledgeable TV announcer in the league.
When the guy isn't watching the EPL, the guy is all over the web looking at basketball stats...it's rather unhealthy, but fans get to reap the benefits of the nuggets.
Old 02-05-2011, 12:15 PM   #88
41mvp
Golden Member

41mvp is just really nice41mvp is just really nice41mvp is just really nice41mvp is just really nice41mvp is just really nice41mvp is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by iella View Post
2 questions:

1. Is calling someone gay considered an insult in Europe (or specifically, Poland)? Honest question.

2. How does "this is over" jive with "I still believed"? Snarky question.
1.In Poland we don't like gays.And this word is insult in Poland.For example:When someone call to you ,,Ty pojebany geju"you have big trouble.

2.-

No one loves Dirk any more than I do
MY HEART-WHERE DIRK NOWITZKI IS AND ALWAYS WILL BE AN ALL-STAR
41mvp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2011, 12:30 PM   #89
Skywalker
Diamond Member

Skywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by xrobx View Post
so.... window closing, or window closed?
I lorf'd

gotta spread some rep thoe

Quote:
Dirk Nowitzki is a monster of epic and unattainable proportion. Seriously, he must be stopped.
Skywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2011, 02:07 PM   #90
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

Recap from Slam:

Quote:
The following are exact quotes from Doc Rivers before last night’s Celtics-Mavericks game.

“Jason Kidd has always been known as the guy who couldn’t shoot.”

And this: “He’s literally laughed all the way to the bank.”

And this: “It’s not like he’s Reggie. People give him some time.”

The following is an exact quote from Ray Allen about twenty minutes after last night’s Celtics-Mavericks game: “I’ll be in my bed thinking about how I never should’ve left Jason Kidd open.”

You know in horror movies, when someone spends a conspicuously long period of time explaining some weird fetish/abnormality he has—and at the time you know it’s conspicuous, so you have a this inkling he’s going to be the killer? And, of course, an hour-and-a-half passes. So you forget about it.

But, alas, that f***er was the killer all along.

Well, Jason Kidd was that dude tonight. Doc Rivers spent about 1/3rd of his press conference talking about—for some reason, and no one is really sure why—how good and underrated and wonderful of a jumpshooter this guy is, that people fly right by him, that people forget he’s out there and capable of hitting that shot.

Then, with 2.5 seconds left, down by one, Jason Kidd got Ray Allen to bite on a pump fake at the end of a broken play. Then he set his feet and hit a three, which he’s hit more of in NBA history than anyone but two people.

It was creepy and weird and totally inexplicable, unless you watch horror movies.

It was preceded by the two horrible murders (Jason Terry and DeShawn Stevenson both airballed threes) that kind of quashed all hope. The usual hero was gimpy and not really capable of saving everyone. And KG looked like he wanted to murder everyone within arm’s reach with a ball peen hammer.

(That last one isn’t part of the horror movie, just generally the truth.)

This is maybe best known as the “Chris Farley in Wayne’s World Theorem” because of this clip, where he gives away the ending of the movie in the first act.:

Security guard: (He) hates to fly. He’s going across the country right now to look for new acts to sign to his label. Next stop is St Louis. Then he’ll come back through Chicago on his way to Detroit.

Wayne (to the camera): For a security guard, he had an awful lot of information, don’t you think?

For a contender, the Celtics had an awful lot of information, don’t you think?

Doesn’t the fact that the Mavs beat them anyway show that they’re contenders, too?

FIRST QUARTER:
- It’s kind of stupid high scoring early. I’ll give you a brief summary:

KG, KG, KG, Barea, Dirk, Barea, Dirk, KG.

Looks like I’m going to have to tone down my JJ Barea Hate Parade, which has grown strong and picked up many homeless people and stragglers in my walk across America. He has nine already.

- KG with one of those reaffirming, yep-he’s-on-the-All-Star-team-for-a-reason turnarounds. 18-18.

- Yes, it’s 18-18 and this is the third update. Nobody’s missing shots.

- Kidd comes right back and drops a three sort of in transition. This is torrid. It’s like a goddamn waterfall.

- KG spin move and up and under. 23-20, Mavs. It’s 2002. Everybody do the Macarena.

- That was actually 1997. Nobody do the Macarena.

- Unless you have to.

- Well, it’s officially contagious. Rajon Rondo just hit a jumpshot.

- Jesus Christ, am I going to have to title this, “How I learned to quit worrying and love the Barea?” That would be so horrible. He has 11.

- Tyson Chandler hates the rim and the fact that he wasn’t voted into the All-Star game. 32-24, Mavs.

- Nate Robinson just hit a 28-footer with a hand in his face. No one plans on missing anything. 32-27.

- Terry at the buzzer with a hand in his face. E-I-E-I-O. 34-27.

SECOND QUARTER:

- Nate for three again. Must be nice for him to be able to rise above a defender to hit a jumpshot.

- Yes, that was me making fun of JJ Barea. I just relapsed.

- Junk point fiesta. Two straight Marquis flip shots followed by a Marion floater plus a foul. 41-36, Mavs.

- We’ve slowed down a little. Everybody’s had some tea. 45-42 Mavs.

- Somebody should check and see if Brendan Haywood is still alive. He’s just kind of hanging out on the elbow on defense while Semih Erden is doing that backboard rebounding drill with himself.

- UPDATE: Just got confirmation that Brendan Haywood’s been dead since August.

- Jason Terry is getting furnace-like in the hand area. A three after a midrange J. 50-45, Mavs.

- Tyson with on of those “even the visiting crowd respects this” kind of blocks against the backboard on a Ray Allen breakaway layup.

- $20 says Doc called that timeout to call a Pierce iso to end the quarter. Even though that was already going to be a Pierce iso.

- Yep. Doesn’t matter: Perk beats the buzzer with a hard-fought putback. Solid timeout! Two points!

- 54-51. This is some really good basketball so far.

THIRD QUARTER:

- These game notes might be a little boring so far. This is what it sounds like when the basketball is good.

- This is what it sounds like when doves cry.

- Kidd. Immediately. Right back to hitting threes. 56-51. No. 3 all-time at that.

- Ray. Right back to hitting threes. 56-54. No. 2 all-time at that.

- Reggie Miller isn’t here. No. 1 all-time at that.

- Jason Kidd sees everything. He’s still one of the top-15 players to see in person, and he was born during the Taft administration. Dirk for three from the top of the key on a Kidd transition assist. 61-55.

- Barea to Chandler on the lob. There’s a note on the whiteboard in the Celtics locker room for this exact thing. It literally says: “Watch for Barea attacks / Chandler lobs.”

- The refs have to separate Chandler and KG. Is it weird that I’d take Chandler in that fight now? Is that against the law?

- Barea airball. Am I going to have to title this, “How I learned to quit worrying and love the Barea?” The answer is no.

- This game provides a solution to this question: How many legs does Dirk need to be the best player on his team? The answer is somewhere less than one.

- KG with a recovery on a Kidd jumper and an emphatic swat out of bounds.

- First Celtics lead since the first quarter. 67-66, Celtics.

- Ray Allen gets his 16th and 17th points on a tip in. He totally looks like an All-Star tonight.

- Dallas is falling apart and Shawn Marion comes in for Dirk Nowitzki. Explique, Mssr. Carlisle.

- Immediate Big Baby dunk. Explique, Mssr. Carlisle.

- I’m sitting behind two dudes that are so Italian they make Matt Caputo look Korean.

- It’s time we all admit that Tyson Chandler is a beast.

- Dirk comes back in. Collects two straight hoops. 75 up.

- 77 up to end three.

FOURTH QUARTER:

- Guy who makes Matt Caputo look Korean in front of me is doing the Incredible Hulk/Hulk Hogan flex thing now. Must be a big game.

- Dirk on a backdown. Guy behind me: “Nothin’ you can do about that.” I love when Boston fans respect other players. It means they’re going to the Hall of Fame.

- Ian Mahinmi hasn’t just been an upgrade over Haywood in the sense that he’s actually a breathing human being—with a pulse and everything!—but he’s actually been really active, too. He’s only 1/8th the cost of a Haywood, too! And he comes with a working central nervous system!

- The Celtics run a play from Rondo-to-Daniels out of the timeout that gets them a layup and a foul. I don’t know how all of the other dwarfs are doing, but Sleepy seems to be doing just fine.

- Drunk Italian guy now accusing Tyson Chandler of being a drunk because he, himself, is drunk.

- Missed KG jumper forces drunk italian guy to start headbutting and hugging less-drunk Italian guy with a skullcap on. The less drunk guy isn’t sure if he wants to oblige. This is a lot like the situation in Egypt.

- 90-89 C’s, 5:59 left in one of the best nationally-televised games of the year. So much Brut cologne in front of me, so little time left.

- A huge Ray Allen recovery block rejects the Chandler dump-off dunk he’s had all night. Then Perkins gets a free layup on the other end. 92-89, C’s.

- Ray Allen for three. It’s the best game of the year for him. This kind of validates his All-Star vote, no? 95-91.

- Terry. Right back. 95-91.

- Perk. Right back. 97-91.

- Now it’s 97-94 after a Dirk drive and layup plus the foul. Does he get some sort of war medal for carrying all of these dead people to a safe place?

- Back-to-back airballs for the Mavs on open 3s. Terry then Stevenson. Yikes.

- Can somebody get this Nowitzki guy one f’ing reliable teammate?

- Terry gets to the line with 56 seconds left. This prompts somebody behind me to just yell, “F**k you!” at no one in particular. I’m usually against anytime our culture clearly devolves into things that make no sense. But I love this about heckling. Eventually we’re just going to grunt at people and ask for help.

- He hits both.

- Allen misses a quick three, but KG steals Dirk’s entry pass from Kidd on the other end.

- KG gets an open elbow jumper. It’s a good look, but it just rims out. Mavs take a timeout with 15.3 left.

- Jason Kidd hits a three after a pump fake on a Dirk kickout during a broken play. Doc Rivers is all the wrong kinds of prophetic! Dude must be Mayan!

- The inbounds to a dive-cutting KG is thrown away. Dirk hits both free throws.

- Mavs win, 101-97.

POSTGAME:

- Everyone’s frantic because Danny Ainge says he’s holding a press conference. Doc Rivers has been fired/shot/impregnated somehow! Rajon Rondo for Jason Smith! Deal of the century!

- Nope. Jermaine O’Neal had surgery today. Out 6-8 weeks.

- Doc on Dirk: “The other guys are what beat us tonight.” First time I’ve heard that about the Mavs in, like, six years.

- Jason Kidd on championships: “I’ve come up short twice. Well, I’ve come up short once. I’m not sure that Lakers series counts.”

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2011, 02:25 PM   #91
Bayliss

Bayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
This game provides a solution to this question: How many legs does Dirk need to be the best player on his team? The answer is somewhere less than one.
That line is f'n great.
Bayliss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2011, 02:44 PM   #92
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
- Kidd. Immediately. Right back to hitting threes. 56-51. No. 3 all-time at that.

- Ray. Right back to hitting threes. 56-54. No. 2 all-time at that.

- Reggie Miller isn’t here. No. 1 all-time at that.
Quote:
- Dirk on a backdown. Guy behind me: “Nothin’ you can do about that.” I love when Boston fans respect other players. It means they’re going to the Hall of Fame.

Greatness.

Old 02-05-2011, 02:46 PM   #93
rabbitproof
Diamond Member

rabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond repute

I like how when KG was about go "Anything is possible" face on someone a foot and change shorter than him (Don Juan Barea), Top Cat was right there ready to unsheathe his claws and KG stepped off stage right quick.

If Bosh is Fake Tough, KG is Fake Tough Jr.

watch your thoughts, they become your words

Last edited by rabbitproof; 02-05-2011 at 02:47 PM.
rabbitproof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2011, 02:52 PM   #94
BGMaverick9
Guru

BGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by rabbitproof View Post
I like how when KG was about go "Anything is possible" face on someone a foot and change shorter than him (Don Juan Barea), Top Cat was right there ready to unsheathe his claws and KG stepped off stage right quick.

If Bosh is Fake Tough, KG is Fake Tough Jr.
I remember previous games where J-Ho was pissed with the antics of KG and stood up to him, KG didn't like that too much.

KG tried to bait Chandler in the...second quarter I think with a cheap shove and Chandler had none of it.
Old 02-05-2011, 02:54 PM   #95
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by BGMaverick9 View Post
KG tried to bait Chandler in the...second quarter I think with a cheap shove and Chandler had none of it.
That's right, I'd forgotten about that. What a chump.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2011, 02:55 PM   #96
Underdog

Quote:
Originally Posted by BGMaverick9 View Post
Fake Tough gonna try to bait Real Tough into doing something stupid, but Real Tough knows when to pick his battles... Who won?

Old 02-05-2011, 03:08 PM   #97
BGMaverick9
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthig32 View Post
That's right, I'd forgotten about that. What a chump.
Chandler was too busy with trying to dunk of suckas all night long.
Old 02-05-2011, 03:14 PM   #98
Kante
Diamond Member

Kante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond reputeKante has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by 41mvp View Post
1.In Poland we don't like gays.
GTFO, are you living in the 40´s still?

The recap is nice to read, what a game that was!

Quote:
- Somebody should check and see if Brendan Haywood is still alive. He’s just kind of hanging out on the elbow on defense while Semih Erden is doing that backboard rebounding drill with himself.

- UPDATE: Just got confirmation that Brendan Haywood’s been dead since August.
MUAHAHAHA!!!

Last edited by Kante; 02-05-2011 at 03:21 PM.
Kante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2011, 04:08 PM   #99
JET_31

JET_31 is on a distinguished road

Good win..but for some reason I'm not quite impressed. Team just doesn't quite seem to pass the eyeball test imho. I know right now we are finding scrappy ways to score points, but in the playoffs I think a lot of that isn't going to be there. I wouldn't start buying into this team as a contender until we give Dirk a reliable 2nd scoring option to take some of the load off him..playoff games are won by defense and who can execute in the half court.
JET_31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2011, 04:26 PM   #100
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Great article about Barea last night by Caplan...

Quote:
BOSTON -- J.J. Barea got his shot in the starting lineup Friday at Boston as the Mavericks await the debut of Peja Stojakovic, who might or might not jump right into the starting lineup.

Until then coach Rick Carlisle will go with his gut, and on Friday it was telling him to go with the speed and aggressive penetrations of Barea. It paid off as Barea ignited a 34-point first quarter with nine of his 11 points coming in the opening period, including two 3-pointers in the 101-97 win.

"That’s why he put me in, to get us going early in the game and it worked out," Barea said. "I've got to stay aggressive. Every time I go in I’m going to stay aggressive and see what happens."

That aggression also translated to the defensive end, and Celtics forward Kevin Garnett didn't like it. Garnett went in for layup when the 5-foot-11 Barea wrapped up the 6-11 Garnett and prevented him from getting the shot off. Garnett responded angrily, flailing a forearm into Barea.

"He likes to pick on little guys, I think," Barea joked. "Nah, it’s part of the game. I fouled him, held him so he wouldn’t get the layup and then he got mad at me."

It resulted in a technical foul on Garnett. Dirk Nowitzki converted it at the free throw line to negate one of the two free throws Garnett then made.

"We got a free throw out of it at least," Barea said.
http://espn.go.com/blog/dallas/maver...nets-big-gains

DevinHarriswillstart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2011, 04:42 PM   #101
41mvp
Golden Member

41mvp is just really nice41mvp is just really nice41mvp is just really nice41mvp is just really nice41mvp is just really nice41mvp is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kante View Post
when you will in Poland try to say on the street:,,I am gay!!!"You will see what happen.

Old 02-05-2011, 04:44 PM   #102
deamon
Golden Member

deamon is infamous around these partsdeamon is infamous around these partsdeamon is infamous around these partsdeamon is infamous around these partsdeamon is infamous around these partsdeamon is infamous around these partsdeamon is infamous around these partsdeamon is infamous around these partsdeamon is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kante View Post
In 40's people in Poland didn't like Germans (II World War), IMO not all Germans are gays. Are you Kante?
deamon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2011, 04:44 PM   #103
sefant77
Guru

sefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by 41mvp View Post
when you will in Poland try to say on the street:,,I am gay!!!"You will see what happen.
They steal your car?

Last edited by sefant77; 02-05-2011 at 04:45 PM.
Old 02-05-2011, 04:49 PM   #104
41mvp
Golden Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sefant77 View Post
They steal your car?
no!!!

Last edited by 41mvp; 02-05-2011 at 05:08 PM.
Old 02-05-2011, 05:04 PM   #105
Bayliss

Bayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond repute

Bayliss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2011, 05:36 PM   #106
Skywalker
Diamond Member

Skywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond repute

KG uses BITE! It's super effective!

Quote:
Dirk Nowitzki is a monster of epic and unattainable proportion. Seriously, he must be stopped.
Skywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2011, 11:41 PM   #107
LSMF
Diamond Member

LSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bayliss View Post
WTF is wrong with this man?
Old 02-06-2011, 12:03 AM   #108
mavErika
Golden Member

mavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant future

http://sports.espn.go.com/boston/nba...ory?id=6093863
Quote:
Celtics forward Kevin Garnett avoided a fine or suspension from the NBA despite making contact with a game official during Friday's 101-97 loss to the Dallas Mavericks. Garnett did, however, have a second-quarter flagrant assigned, according to an NBA spokesman.

The flagrant foul occurred with 2:41 to play in the second quarter. No infraction was called on the play (a Shawn Marion rebound of a Garnett miss), but video review led to the assignment of a flagrant. It is Garnett's first flagrant foul of the season.
Does anybody know what KG did on that play he got the flagrant for? Must have been something, considering they went back on that but let the whole Refs-situation go without assessing a fine/T.
Quote:
Earlier this week, while writing for his ANTA blog, Garnett said of the Phoenix incident: "This game was physical as well and super ugly. I never apologize for my actions, as I play with passion."
^Also, this line is just...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bayliss View Post

Last edited by mavErika; 02-06-2011 at 12:05 AM.
mavErika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2011, 12:44 AM   #109
AO41
Platinum Member

AO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud of

LOL at Howard flinching and pulling his arm away as KG snaps his mouth
Old 02-06-2011, 01:07 AM   #110
mavs777
Diamond Member

mavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant futuremavs777 has a brilliant future

The flagrant must have been on the push on Chandler, its pretty amazing thats his first Flagrant, but with Stern in your backpocket..
mavs777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2011, 01:51 AM   #111
sefant77
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by LSMF View Post
WTF is wrong with this man?
When evolution knocked on his door he showed it away
Old 02-06-2011, 01:54 AM   #112
sefant77
Guru

And there is nothing i hate more than the double standards. So Garnett didnt get a fine or suspension.

But this is an suspension: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MZGmSHXsQG4