Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > Political Arena

Old 05-13-2004, 10:25 PM   #1
FishForLunch
Platinum Member

FishForLunch is a glorious beacon of lightFishForLunch is a glorious beacon of lightFishForLunch is a glorious beacon of lightFishForLunch is a glorious beacon of lightFishForLunch is a glorious beacon of lightFishForLunch is a glorious beacon of lightFishForLunch is a glorious beacon of lightFishForLunch is a glorious beacon of light
Default Political affiliations

My wife is a rabid environmentalist, my best friend from college is Kerry Volunteer. While I am a strong Bush supporter. Does any one in this political lounge have similar situations.
FishForLunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-13-2004, 10:31 PM   #2
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

u2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: Political affiliations

My dad and his wife are staunch liberal Democrats. I often think my father thinks he failed in raising me.

I just love to talk politics with them. Holidays are a hoot, especially when my step-mom gets drunk and wants to have her yearly discussion of pro-death with me.

My wife pretty much is in line with my views... and all three of my children are red-blooded American Republicans. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
Old 05-13-2004, 10:31 PM   #3
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

My wife is a rabid non-political person, a complet pacifist. My sister-in-law and brother-in-law, mother-in-law, father-in-law are ridiculously liberal. Noam Chomsky and all. whew. Lets' just say that we have been forbidden by the womenfolk to talk about politics at all!.. Probably the right decision.

My late mom was my co-hort conservative buddy and my wife's grand-parents (bless their hearts) are also conservative.

However I've done my duty...My son and daughter are pure texan red staters. So I've increased the goodness of the world by 2. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2004, 10:32 PM   #4
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

You go U2. Dang I knew I should have had 6 kids!!
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2004, 12:46 AM   #5
LRB
Guru

LRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to beholdLRB is a splendid one to behold
Default RE:Political affiliations

My girlfriend is slightly liberal leaning independent, I have a cousin who is a flaming democrat, and an aunt and uncle who are just regular democrats. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] Most of the rest of my family are conservative. I have several friends who are liberal or in the case of one a libertarian.
Old 05-14-2004, 06:36 AM   #6
MavKikiNYC
Diamond Member

MavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to behold
Default RE:Political affiliations

My best friend's favorite filmmaker is Michael Moore. It gives me a rigor to think about it.
MavKikiNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2004, 08:20 AM   #7
madape
Diamond Member

madape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to behold

My Dad is a member of the NAACP. No joke.
madape is offline   Reply With Quote