Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Around the NBA

Old 05-19-2008, 10:15 PM   #1
alby
Guru

alby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond repute
Default Pistons v. Celtics: Eastern Conference Finals

6th straight trip to the conference finals is just absurd.

The "big three" in Boston has been non-existant, it seems like the Pistons are the favorites heading into the series.

I pick Boston in 7.

My prediction heading into the season...
Spurs v. Boston, with Spurs winning in 6.

still looking good

Contact Me
Twitter: www.twitter.com/alnguyen84
Facebook: www.facebook.com/alnguyen84
alby is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-19-2008, 10:18 PM   #2
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Why does the idea of this series make me sleepy?

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2008, 10:59 PM   #3
AxdemxO
Diamond Member

AxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to beholdAxdemxO is a splendid one to behold

Mann this is soo hard to choose. I said if Dallas doesnt win it all I want the Pistons or Cs to get it . I like Sheed and KG...soo whoeverwins ill be fine...and root for them to win it all. As long as its not LA

"It feels disrespectful when you watch these shows, TNT, ESPN, and they're talking, 'Walk through the Mavericks, that's who you want to play," Terry said. "OK. We'll see if that's who you want to play."

........GO MAVS
AxdemxO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2008, 11:03 PM   #4
BGMaverick9
Guru

BGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond repute

Detroit in 5. I think they're going to push them around and time will finally catch up to Boston.

They always wanting to play the big boys and they finally got a big boy.
Old 05-19-2008, 11:23 PM   #5
MavsFanFinley
Guru

MavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond repute

I'm chearing for the Pistons. I'm so sick of hearing about Boston.
Old 05-19-2008, 11:57 PM   #6
ghazi
Platinum Member

ghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud of

I'm sick of Boston too, and have the Pistons winning in 6.

Only chance Boston has is for Ray Allen to wake the hell up.
ghazi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2008, 07:28 PM   #7
Mavs Rule
Platinum Member

Mavs Rule is a name known to allMavs Rule is a name known to allMavs Rule is a name known to allMavs Rule is a name known to allMavs Rule is a name known to allMavs Rule is a name known to allMavs Rule is a name known to allMavs Rule is a name known to allMavs Rule is a name known to allMavs Rule is a name known to all

Avery is studio analyst in game one of this series on ESPN right now.

Also, lottery picks are going in this order:
Bulls
Heat
Timberwolves

Last edited by Mavs Rule; 05-20-2008 at 07:35 PM.
Mavs Rule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2008, 08:10 AM   #8
horse900703
Diamond Member

horse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud of

hate both teams
horse900703 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2008, 10:31 AM   #9
ghazi
Platinum Member

ghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud ofghazi has much to be proud of

dammit horse
Old 05-22-2008, 10:08 PM   #10
nikeball
Platinum Member

nikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond repute

Game 2 is pretty good. Ray Allen..about time..welcome to the playoffs. it started 15 games ago for you.

People hitting big shots down the stretch..

and wow. Rodney Stuckey getting and hitting alot of big shots. He has game.
Old 05-22-2008, 10:17 PM   #11
nikeball
Platinum Member

nikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond repute

Down by 4..with 40 seconds left..

Are you not supposed to foul?

Detroit just wasted 20 seconds..now there are 20 seconds left and still up by 4

Edit: Chauncey scored on inbound pass. up 6

WTF DOC?
Old 05-22-2008, 10:35 PM   #12
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

Celtics need to win on the road now.

Interesting stuff.
Old 05-22-2008, 10:36 PM   #13
GermanDunk
Diamond Member

GermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond repute

True. DET is a good team on the road. They proved it today.
Old 05-24-2008, 01:07 AM   #14
alby
Guru

alby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond repute

I really hate Boston.

But, I want to be right... so, I'm still going to say Boston in 7 lol

Contact Me
Old 05-26-2008, 07:47 PM   #15
GermanDunk
Diamond Member

GermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond repute

Kickstart - 10-0 DET

Flip told his guys to break through the BOS D rapidly

Last edited by GermanDunk; 05-26-2008 at 07:48 PM.
GermanDunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2008, 08:11 PM   #16
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

Boston cutting into the lead.....22-17 Det still up.

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2008, 08:22 PM   #17
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

33-19 Det

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
Old 05-26-2008, 09:32 PM   #18
alby
Guru

Win or lose tonight, Boston already did more than expected. Going back to Boston tied 2-2 is huge after losing Game 2.

Contact Me
Old 05-28-2008, 10:37 PM   #19
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

Boston seems incapable of protecting a big lead against good teams. They let it get too close. I wonder how they will fair against the Kobes.
Old 05-28-2008, 10:44 PM   #20
MavsFanFinley
Guru

MavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond repute

I've become a fan of Rodney Stuckey in these playoffs.
Old 05-28-2008, 10:51 PM   #21
sike
The Preacha

good game...Note: Wallace only had 4 rebs.

Old 05-28-2008, 11:13 PM   #22
BGMaverick9
Guru

BGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond repute

I felt bad for Stuckey seeing the replay of his reaction after the missed FT. Poor Guy.

I really hope Boston doesn't win the series, and definitely not game 6.
Game 7 to go to the Finals would be awesome!
Old 05-28-2008, 11:30 PM   #23
alby
Guru

Has a team ever had to win three game 7's before reaching the finals? Did the Knicks do it the year when they were the 8th seed? I don't remember. If Boston has to do that, there's no way they are going to have enough gas to go up against the young/athletic Lakers or the consistent/executioners Spurs imho.

Contact Me
Old 05-29-2008, 12:09 AM   #24
BGMaverick9
Guru

I am not 100 percent sure, but I don't think it's been done, 3 Game 7s to the finals.
It's either that or no team has ever won 4 Game 7s.
Old 05-29-2008, 01:07 AM   #25
ghazi
Platinum Member

I think the Pistons can still win this series.
Old 05-29-2008, 01:19 AM   #26
rmacomic
Platinum Member

rmacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond repute

More and more this post season is making me say "F@#k the rigged NBA"
Old 05-29-2008, 01:21 AM   #27
rmacomic
Platinum Member

rmacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond repute

Every game the Lakers and Celtics win is making me less of a fan. Go MLB, Go Nffl, Go Nhl.
Old 05-29-2008, 12:26 PM   #28
nikeball
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghazi
I think the Pistons can still win this series.
Not without Rip.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/playof...ory?id=3417153

Hurting from elbow strain, Hamilton in holding pattern until Friday

Associated Press

AUBURN HILLS, Mich. -- The Detroit Pistons don't know if Richard Hamilton will be healthy enough to play against the Boston Celtics on Friday.

Detroit's leading scorer strained his right elbow in the final seconds of Boston's 106-102 win on Wednesday night. X-rays were negative, and Hamilton's arm was in a sling as he left the arena.

Coach Flip Saunders said Hamilton is scheduled for an evaluation Thursday, but his status won't be determined until Friday when the Pistons host the Celtics in Game 6. Detroit needs a win to extend the Eastern Conference finals.

Hamilton, who scored 25 points, was hurt with 8.2 seconds left and was replaced by Lindsey Hunter with Boston leading 102-101.

"He got a little bit of, I think, hyperextended in there on the rebound on that one defensive sequence that we had," Pistons coach Flip Saunders said after the Celtics took a 3-2 lead in the best-of-seven series. "He was great again tonight, especially in the last three quarters. Hopefully he's going to be ready to go for us."

Hamilton leads the Pistons in the series with 22.2 points per game.
Old 05-30-2008, 08:42 AM   #29
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

Big Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond repute

ok seriously, does garnett set an illegal screen EVERY time he tries to set a pick? he extends his arms into the back of the defender and flat-out pushes them! i really don't care about either team in this series, but how does he get away with that time after time after time (i mean, besides the fact that he's kevin garnett)
Old 05-30-2008, 10:08 AM   #30
nikeball
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Boy Laroux
ok seriously, does garnett set an illegal screen EVERY time he tries to set a pick? he extends his arms into the back of the defender and flat-out pushes them! i really don't care about either team in this series, but how does he get away with that time after time after time (i mean, besides the fact that he's kevin garnett)
I freaking agree. 8 out of 10 times if he were another player it would be an offensive foul. He also holds his man so much and is allowed to play WAY more physical in the post than other players. It is just his reputation as a "great defender." When Rasheed Wallace does the same thing he gets whistled for a foul.

Last edited by nikeball; 05-30-2008 at 10:09 AM.
nikeball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2008, 10:52 AM   #31
alby
Guru

Garnett has always used his arms to hold quicker defenders. He's always been known to be able to "guard all five positions", this is why it's imparative to have superstars on your team, especially in the playoffs.

Contact Me
Old 05-30-2008, 12:41 PM   #32
Windmill360
Diamond Member

Windmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond repute

I hope the Pistons win but I know it wont happen, then I hope Boston wins the championship, but I wouldn't mind seeing L.A. win either.
Old 05-30-2008, 12:50 PM   #33
Usually Lurkin
Diamond Member

Usually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Windmill360°
I hope the Pistons win but I know it wont happen, then I hope Boston wins the championship, but I wouldn't mind seeing L.A. win either.
I've wanted every team in the playoffs to lose for some time now. Since we all know the script, though, I'll be rooting for Boston, cause I'm still bitter about '88. Secretly, though, I really want the Lakers to win it all in a ref debacle big enough to force Stern out and to force a change in how things are done.
Usually Lurkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2008, 09:57 PM   #34
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Pretty good game. Imagine if Hamilton hadn't played?

Still...it would be nice if they could score some damn points.
Old 05-30-2008, 10:11 PM   #35
Caseman
Golden Member

Caseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to all

I know the last minutes have been tense, but man, what a boring game.
Caseman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2008, 10:19 PM   #36
Caseman
Golden Member

Caseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to allCaseman is a name known to all

Stern must be pooping his pants. He got the Finals he schemed for.
Caseman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2008, 10:54 PM   #37
GermanDunk
Diamond Member

And Salvatore - remarkable - did a not that bad job

Last edited by GermanDunk; 05-30-2008 at 10:55 PM.
GermanDunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2008, 11:25 PM   #38
alby
Guru

Stern is doing much more than pooping his pants right now...

Contact Me
Old 05-31-2008, 12:08 AM   #39
DirkFTW
Diamond Member

DirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond repute

1-cupping it with himself?

Is this ghost ball??
DirkFTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2008, 03:01 AM   #40
ghazi
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GermanDunk
And Salvatore - remarkable - did a not that bad job
Salvatore's call that wiped out Pierce's possible 4-PT play was horrible in my opinion although I didn't mind since i was pulling for the Pistons

Thoughts:

Celtics and Lakers colluded
2006 NBA Finals were rigged
David Stern can go to hell!