Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Around the NBA

Old 08-02-2002, 03:31 PM   #1
Dooby
Diamond Member

Dooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really nice

From ESPN: Glenn Robinson is finally out of George Karl's doghouse. In fact, Big Dog is out of Milwaukee after the Bucks traded Robinson to Atlanta for Toni Kukoc, Leon Smith and one of the Hawks' first-round picks in 2003.
At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

A fool's paradise is a wise man's hell. – Thomas Fuller
Dooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-02-2002, 03:38 PM   #2
aexchange
Boom goes the Dynamite!

aexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant future

holy sh*t.

watch out hotlanta.
aexchange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2002, 03:41 PM   #3
#1MavsFan
Golden Member

#1MavsFan is a name known to all#1MavsFan is a name known to all#1MavsFan is a name known to all#1MavsFan is a name known to all#1MavsFan is a name known to all#1MavsFan is a name known to all#1MavsFan is a name known to all#1MavsFan is a name known to all

Robinson shipped to Hawks

ESPN.com news services

The Atlanta Hawks have acquired Glenn Robinson from the Milwaukee Bucks for Toni Kukoc, Leon Smith and a first-round pick in 2003, ESPN.com has learned.

The Hawks will announce the deal at a 6 p.m. ET news conference.

Robinson has spent his entire eight-year career with the Bucks, averaging 21.1 points per game.

#1MavsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2002, 04:41 PM   #4
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point

ESPN Story.....

Robinson shipped to Hawks

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ESPN.com news services

The Atlanta Hawks have acquired Glenn Robinson from the Milwaukee Bucks for Toni Kukoc, Leon Smith and a first-round pick in 2003, ESPN.com has learned.

The Hawks will announce the deal at a 6 p.m. ET news conference.

Robinson, 29, has spent his entire eight-year career with the Bucks, averaging 21.1 points per game. He joined Milwaukee in 1994 after the Bucks selected him with the No. 1 overall pick.

Robinson made the Eastern Conference all-star team in 2000 and 2001 but often did not see eye to eye with head coach George Karl, who was often critical of the Bucks -- especially Robinson -- in the press.

The 6-foot-7, 235-pound Robinson will step right into the Hawks' starting lineup at small forward, joining Shareef Abdur-Rahim and Theo Ratliff along the frontcourt.

Kukoc, acquired by the Hawks in February 2001 from the Philadelphia 76ers along with Ratliff in the Dikembe Mutombo trade, has averaged 13.3 points in his nine-year NBA career. However, the 6-11 small forward managed only a 9.9-point average in 59 games last season.

Smith, selected 29th overall in 1999 by the San Antonio Spurs and then dealt to the Dallas Mavericks, played for the Gary (Ind.) Steelheads in the Continental Basketball Association last season before getting signed by the Hawks. The 6-10 power forward averaged 2.2 points and 2.2 rebounds in 14 games with Atlanta.

Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2002, 05:31 PM   #5
Hoopsmeister
Platinum Member

Hoopsmeister has a spectacular aura aboutHoopsmeister has a spectacular aura about

Robinson traded for a bunch of spare parts--I knew he was in Karl's doghouse, but I didn't realize it was this bad.
Corollary #1: If you put the ball through the hoop more than the other guy, you win.
Corollary #2: If you can't do that, get off the floor.
Hoopsmeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2002, 01:46 AM   #6
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

FilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the rough

I dont know It think Bucks got the bigger end of this deal. They get a rookie who will probaly be somehwere from the first pick to the 12th pick. They get Kukoc and Leon Smith who I think will be a decent player if he gets his attitude straight. It gives Hawks a biggern ame to make there lineup look more scarier but I think Bucks did good by this trade. Just better hope Hawks dont have a decent record atleast I think that messes the whole trade up.

1996-2005
FilthyFinMavs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2002, 10:42 AM   #7
kg_veteran
Old School Balla

kg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond repute

<< Robinson traded for a bunch of spare parts--I knew he was in Karl's doghouse, but I didn't realize it was this bad. >>

No kidding. Bucks can only hope the pick is a lottery pick.
Old 08-03-2002, 12:18 PM   #8
The Crippler
Diamond Member

The Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant futureThe Crippler has a brilliant future

<< I dont know It think Bucks got the bigger end of this deal. They get a rookie who will probaly be somehwere from the first pick to the 12th pick. >>

With the Hawks lineup, they will make the playoffs in the east. That pick will not be in the lottery. The Bucks just got raped. Kukoc is not very good, Smith is a head case, and a pick from 12-20? Horrible trade...
"I say 'Hey Lama, how about a little something ya know', for the effort?' And he says 'oh, there won't be any money, but when you die, on your deathbed you will receive total consciousness.' So I got that going for me...which is nice."
The Crippler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2002, 04:35 PM   #9
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point

Leon Smith will never be a good player. He is too much much of a psycho.
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2002, 04:38 PM   #10
Just211
Platinum Member

Just211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to allJust211 is a name known to all

i agree about Leon, he might do good in streches, but he will snap. I compare him to Spellman, when he's sane, he's a decent player, but when he snaps he's useless to your team
Old 08-04-2002, 01:10 PM   #11
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

FilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the rough

<<

<< I dont know It think Bucks got the bigger end of this deal. They get a rookie who will probaly be somehwere from the first pick to the 12th pick. >>

With the Hawks lineup, they will make the playoffs in the east. That pick will not be in the lottery. The Bucks just got raped. Kukoc is not very good, Smith is a head case, and a pick from 12-20? Horrible trade...
>>

WHo is on the Hawks lineup? Ratliff? Injury prone. Big Dog? Good player but not so good of a shooter. Terry is a real hooper I give u that but Hawks arent making the playoffs. I can name 8 teams off the back better than them. Bucks had probaly the best roster in the Eastern Conference last season and didnt maek the playoffs. Just becuase u have a good Lineup doesent mean ur gonna make the playoffs in the East. I do think Hawks have a terrific big 3 or well big 4 in Ratliff, Terry, Shareef, and Big dog but other htan Reef and Terry the rest of the Hawks players have question marks.

1996-2005
Old 08-04-2002, 01:10 PM   #12
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

<<

>>

WHo is on the Hawks lineup? Ratliff? Injury prone. Big Dog? Good player but not so good of a shooter. Terry is a real hooper I give u that but Hawks arent making the playoffs. I can name 8 teams off the back better than them. Bucks had probaly the best roster in the Eastern Conference last season and didnt maek the playoffs. Just becuase u have a good Lineup doesent mean ur gonna make the playoffs in the East. I do think Hawks have a terrific big 3 or well big 4 in Ratliff, Terry, Shareef, and Big dog but other htan Reef and Terry the rest of the Hawks players have question marks.

1996-2005
Old 08-05-2002, 10:48 AM   #13
TheKid
Diamond Member

TheKid is on a distinguished road

Good player but not so good of a shooter

Are you kidding me??? That's the KNOCK against Robinson that all he can do is shoot. He can shoot his ass off, he has an OUTSTANDING midrange game and he does have the ability to consistently shoot from 3 point range. NOW can he play defense? NO. Can he dribble? NO because he always turns the ball over. Is he a good passer? NO once again he's turnover prone. He's an outstanding shooter though, I don't think you've seen Big Dog play too much.

Also this trade is INSANE for the Bucks. The move was made to give Thomas the starting position and Kukoc is more than likely going to be his back up. Smith and the draft pick is NOTHING if you ask me. What Milwaukee did was assure themselves another year in the lottery. Even in the east they're not going to make it but the Hawks will.

Dukau
Terry
Big Dog
Shereef
Ratliff

If Dickau (or however you spell his name) steps in and plays well, look out for this team IN THE EAST that is.
Old 08-05-2002, 02:03 PM   #14
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

<< Good player but not so good of a shooter

Are you kidding me??? That's the KNOCK against Robinson that all he can do is shoot. He can shoot his ass off, he has an OUTSTANDING midrange game and he does have the ability to consistently shoot from 3 point range. NOW can he play defense? NO. Can he dribble? NO because he always turns the ball over. Is he a good passer? NO once again he's turnover prone. He's an outstanding shooter though, I don't think you've seen Big Dog play too much.

Also this trade is INSANE for the Bucks. The move was made to give Thomas the starting position and Kukoc is more than likely going to be his back up. Smith and the draft pick is NOTHING if you ask me. What Milwaukee did was assure themselves another year in the lottery. Even in the east they're not going to make it but the Hawks will.

Dukau
Terry
Big Dog
Shereef
Ratliff

If Dickau (or however you spell his name) steps in and plays well, look out for this team IN THE EAST that is.
>>

I dotn think its me that hasnt seen Big dog play I think its u. He shot 32% from 3 point land last season and before that he shot 29%. I disagree just because they ahve a good lineup tha tmeans tehy are playoff material. U dont just suck one season and be good the next without taking steps unlike the NFL. If u look at New York and Miami and Milwaukees lineup or roster for that matter they have the best 3 teams in the Eastern Conference but all 3 of htem didnt maek the playoffs. I said if the pick is good for Bucks its a good deal if it isnt then it wasnt a huge loss for Bucks but it was a loss. They got rid of Robinsons contract and attitude.

1996-2005
Old 08-05-2002, 02:11 PM   #15
aexchange
Boom goes the Dynamite!

aexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant future

<< U dont just suck one season and be good the next without taking steps unlike the NFL. If u look at New York and Miami and Milwaukees lineup or roster for that matter they have the best 3 teams in the Eastern Conference but all 3 of htem didnt maek the playoffs. I >>

umm, new jersey.

new york has a terrible lineup. miami has no depth.
Old 08-05-2002, 02:17 PM   #16
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

<<

<< U dont just suck one season and be good the next without taking steps unlike the NFL. If u look at New York and Miami and Milwaukees lineup or roster for that matter they have the best 3 teams in the Eastern Conference but all 3 of htem didnt maek the playoffs. I >>

umm, new jersey.

new york has a terrible lineup. miami has no depth.
>>

New Jersey had the best point guard in the game right now to come fall in there hands. New York roster didnt suck.

Camby
Thomas
Spree
Houston
Mark Jackson?

That lineup is better than anyone in the Eastern Conference. Miami had depth they had Kendill Gill, JJ, House to all come off the bench for them. Mourning, Grant, Eddie, Ceballos okay wait I think Heat may have the best lineup in the East but Knicks are right behind them.

1996-2005
Old 08-05-2002, 02:33 PM   #17
aexchange
Boom goes the Dynamite!

camby missed a ton of games.

jackson is old.

thomas is a nice role player, and VASTLY overrated.

sprewell, old and has lost a step.

houston --- he sucks. he cant guard, and hes cut from the same mold as glenn robinson, except robinson plays better D, which doesnt say a whole lot.

miami is old, and their entire team could die from heart attacks any minute or arthritis.
Old 08-05-2002, 02:33 PM   #18
Rod1975
Golden Member

Rod1975 is on a distinguished road

Filthy, you don't know what you're talking about, Big Dog is a shooter with a Phd in midrange gunnery. That is just about all he has to offer though. And 32% from downtown is nothing to sneeze at.
Old 08-05-2002, 05:08 PM   #19
TheKid
Diamond Member

Exactly my point Rod.. That's EXACTLY what I was trying to say... I'm laughing at the 32% three point percentage, that's pretty good last time I checked, especially for a small forward.

Filthy...

Boston made the playoffs last year and when was the last time they made it before last year?

What about Detroit?

Also, the Knicks line up SUCKED!!!!!!!!!!

Camby wasn't in the line but 20 games last year
Jackson won't put fear in ANYONE's hearts.
If Sprewell was so great, then they would be able to trade him MUCH easier.
So if you fear Kurt Thomas and Allan Houston or think they're great players then we're just in disagreement.

I'd be willing to take a bet from you right now that the Hawks will make the playoffs next year. All they have to do is be a .500 team in the Eastern conference and that's NOT that difficult with the lineup they have. They will have (potentially) ONE non veteran in their lineup...
Old 08-05-2002, 06:27 PM   #20
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

<< Exactly my point Rod.. That's EXACTLY what I was trying to say... I'm laughing at the 32% three point percentage, that's pretty good last time I checked, especially for a small forward.

Filthy...

Boston made the playoffs last year and when was the last time they made it before last year?

What about Detroit?

Also, the Knicks line up SUCKED!!!!!!!!!!

Camby wasn't in the line but 20 games last year
Jackson won't put fear in ANYONE's hearts.
If Sprewell was so great, then they would be able to trade him MUCH easier.
So if you fear Kurt Thomas and Allan Houston or think they're great players then we're just in disagreement.

I'd be willing to take a bet from you right now that the Hawks will make the playoffs next year. All they have to do is be a .500 team in the Eastern conference and that's NOT that difficult with the lineup they have. They will have (potentially) ONE non veteran in their lineup...
>>

I would happily bet that Hawks wont do anything. They still wotn be able to beat any West teams. The only way they make it to the playoffs is if a winning percentage of 45% then they will make the playoffs. But I dotn see them doing anything and they wont make the playoffs. And Glenn has a big name but isnt a good shooter in my eyes. He is alot like Antoine Walker.

1996-2005
Old 08-06-2002, 01:16 PM   #21
TheKid
Diamond Member

Wow, then you haven't watched Glenn Robinson much.. Robinson doesn't take NEARLY as many illadvised shots as Walker. Also Walker handles the ball better is a better rebounder and Robinson is a MUCH better shooter from inside the arc. You can say he's not a good shooter but if you've watched him play (and I live with a Bucks fan and we watch ALOT of Bucks games in our house) you would know this guy is MONEY from inside the arc... I haven't even looked at averages but I'd be willing to bet Robinson shoots better from the field than Walker.

Also, I'm not saying Atlanta will go to the championship or anything of that nature. I'm saying in the east they'll make the playoffs. Would this team be talented enough to compete with Indiana for the 8th spot YES!!!!! In the west, HELL NO they wouldn't make the playoffs but they're in the East and I'm saying the Bucks have made themselves worse. Did they make the playoffs last year, NO!!! Now they're team is not as talented as it was.... Granted it's opinion but that's the way I feel. However it's NOT opinion on Robinson shooting, he's a good shooter...
Old 08-13-2002, 06:22 PM   #22
reeds
Golden Member

reeds is infamous around these partsreeds is infamous around these partsreeds is infamous around these partsreeds is infamous around these partsreeds is infamous around these partsreeds is infamous around these partsreeds is infamous around these parts

THE BUCKS are idiots. I agree they should of traded big-dog(they couldnt win with him), but get something for him!!!Jesus H Christ!!!!!!! If that draft pic aint a top five- which now it dont look like it will be, the bucks can kiss my ass