Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > Other Sports Talk

Old 11-01-2009, 03:27 PM   #41
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by GermanDunk View Post
Is it an interesting game, guys ?
I don't know if "interesting" is the word I'd use - more of a slaughter, really...

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-01-2009, 03:33 PM   #42
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Time for our RB's to pad their stats...

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2009, 03:35 PM   #43
Jon Avalon
Platinum Member

Jon Avalon is a name known to allJon Avalon is a name known to allJon Avalon is a name known to allJon Avalon is a name known to allJon Avalon is a name known to allJon Avalon is a name known to allJon Avalon is a name known to allJon Avalon is a name known to allJon Avalon is a name known to allJon Avalon is a name known to allJon Avalon is a name known to all

Again and again, Romo and Roy uno uno looking out of sync.
Old 11-01-2009, 03:37 PM   #44
GermanDunk
Diamond Member

GermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog View Post
I don't know if "interesting" is the word I'd use - more of a slaughter, really...
I watched 20 minutes or so and was not that impressed, but it seemed as if the game had picked up some pace.

Dirty win
Old 11-01-2009, 04:56 PM   #45
mavspwnage
Golden Member

mavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant futuremavspwnage has a brilliant future

Good to see us take care of the teams we should, and easily. Next week @ Philly. That game is for first place. HUGE
Old 11-01-2009, 05:11 PM   #46
Windmill360
Diamond Member

Windmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond repute

Almost as huge as playing to get into the playoffs but not as huge...
Old 11-01-2009, 05:53 PM   #47
FINtastic
Diamond Member

FINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Windmill360 View Post
Almost as huge as playing to get into the playoffs but not as huge...
If we can win that game, it's going to be awfully hard to keep us out of the playoffs...

That being said, the Eagles scare me like no other team. They've had our number for the last decade. This is a big game for our team. A win here would be huge. I hope our boys are up to the task, especially after watching the Eagles destroy the Giants today.

"Ok, Go Mavericks!"
-Avery Johnson
FINtastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2009, 08:38 PM   #48
horse900703
Diamond Member

horse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud of

Romo has been playing well, keep it up!!
horse900703 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2009, 10:15 PM   #49
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

Hopefully Bob and Dan won't embarrass themselves with their Bobby Carpeneter talk this week. I know the guy hasn't been great, but he's done some things really well this year. He's looked good in coverage..He's not blowing tackles all the time. But, those two find a play or two and just tear him apart and completely ignore the positives. Dan's the worst about it..but that's mainly because he really doesn't watch the game with any more intelligence than just your average fan. But Bob should know better.

So really, you're going to focus on a couple of plays and single out how he was pushed back by a lineman? Really? You're going to dedicate a segment a week to that while ignoring the solid job he's doing in coverage? Sure, I know you expect more from a first rounder..but he is on the team and he is contributing. There have been much, much worse busts when it comes to the Cowboys draft picks. He's contributing. No, he's not a starter, but let it be..
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2009, 10:35 PM   #50
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Nice rant, Murph. Not sure it will do any good, though. Bob and Dan decide their direction and then they run with it, no matter if it makes them look like ignorant fools.

(Like some of our posters here!)

It takes a certain sort of mind to get past the haircut and analyze the player.
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2009, 11:27 PM   #51
FINtastic
Diamond Member

FINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by chumdawg View Post
Nice rant, Murph. Not sure it will do any good, though. Bob and Dan decide their direction and then they run with it, no matter if it makes them look like ignorant fools.
Bob may not be absolutely flawless, but he's probably given the best Cowboys coverage of anyone in the media. He's one of the few guys who actually looks at what is happening and breaks down the footage. I don't know if you have checked out Bob's blog this season, but if you haven't, you're missing out. The dude pretty much breaks down the offensive formations we run, and what the results of each formation is. That's pretty impressive stuff.

But back to the topic on hand, Barbie has looked awful for much of the season. I don't rip on too many players, but Barbie is pretty worthy of the hate. He may put himself in good position a decent amount of the time, but I feel he's a lot more scared of contact than a linebacker ever should be. He did have a good game though today. That doesn't mean though that I can't wait for Jason Williams to get up to speed enough to replace Carpenter's rear in those nickel packages.

Granted, I don't get to listen to Bob much on the radio anymore since I don't live in Dallas, but I don't see him going overboard in Bobby Carpenter hate on his blog. Maybe my opinion would be different if I were listening to him on air.

"Ok, Go Mavericks!"
-Avery Johnson

Last edited by FINtastic; 11-01-2009 at 11:28 PM.
Old 11-02-2009, 09:26 AM   #52
92bDad
Platinum Member

92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future

Carpenter is nothing more than a role player, who occassionally makes a play.

His problem was being drafted as high as he was.

Had he been a 7th round pick or an undrafted FA, then the media and fans would love this guy.

That being said, he may be one of the weakest players on our defense, and other teams see him as a hole on the Cowboys that they can attack. On the flip side, this will give Carpenter plenty of opportunities to change peoples perceptions of him.

Sunday night against the Eagles could prove to be a coming out party for him...it's time for the Cowboys to reverse their 2008 fortunes and run the Eagles into the ground.

Put it this way, I hate the Eagles so much, that I would vote for Obama as President before I would root for the Eagles to do well...

I absolutely HATE THE EAGLES!!!!!!

Cowboys are playing a must win game...let's see how they deal with the pressure.
92bDad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 04:29 PM   #53
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by FINtastic View Post
Bob may not be absolutely flawless, but he's probably given the best Cowboys coverage of anyone in the media. He's one of the few guys who actually looks at what is happening and breaks down the footage. I don't know if you have checked out Bob's blog this season, but if you haven't, you're missing out. The dude pretty much breaks down the offensive formations we run, and what the results of each formation is. That's pretty impressive stuff.

But back to the topic on hand, Barbie has looked awful for much of the season. I don't rip on too many players, but Barbie is pretty worthy of the hate. He may put himself in good position a decent amount of the time, but I feel he's a lot more scared of contact than a linebacker ever should be. He did have a good game though today. That doesn't mean though that I can't wait for Jason Williams to get up to speed enough to replace Carpenter's rear in those nickel packages.

Granted, I don't get to listen to Bob much on the radio anymore since I don't live in Dallas, but I don't see him going overboard in Bobby Carpenter hate on his blog. Maybe my opinion would be different if I were listening to him on air.
You thinking that he has looked worthless is nothing more than you buying into Bob and Dan's agenda. Actually, it's more of Dan's agenda. But, it's embarrassing to the show. It should be embarrassing to Sturm. He is better than that.

Last edited by Murphy3; 11-02-2009 at 04:32 PM.
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 05:06 PM   #54
FINtastic
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murphy3 View Post
You thinking that he has looked worthless is nothing more than you buying into Bob and Dan's agenda. Actually, it's more of Dan's agenda. But, it's embarrassing to the show. It should be embarrassing to Sturm. He is better than that.
Buying into Bob and Dan's agenda? Huh? You know, there are a lot more people that seem to have that "agenda" than Bob and Dan. And did you not read the part where I said I barely listened to Bob and Dan anymore (since I don't live in the area currently) so I'm not sure where you get the idea that I'm falling prey to some malicious anti-Barbie campaign being perpuated by Bob and Dan.

But anyways, Bob is apparently changing his evil agenda so this whole point is moot:

Quote:
* Bobby Carpenter shot the A gap and Matt Hasselbeck never had a chance to avoid the sack. You might have thought that was the first sack of his career, but I looked it up during the game, and apparently he had 1.5 sacks already. The entire 1.5 came on December 16, 2006 (week 14 of his rookie season) at Altanta against the Falcons' QB, Michael Vick. A lot has happened in this world during those 1,051 days - and in the life of Mr. Vick - since that day, but Carpenter now has another sack. Good for him, I think I am starting to secretly pull for the guy because he has become such a pinata. Although I suppose if I am going to secretly pull for him I shouldn't tell you. Oh well.
Source: http://sturminator.blogspot.com/2009...ahawks-17.html

"Ok, Go Mavericks!"
-Avery Johnson

Last edited by FINtastic; 11-02-2009 at 05:08 PM.

Tags
got a bit fluffy in here