Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > The Lounge

Old 10-02-2002, 03:32 PM   #1
MavKikiNYC
Diamond Member

MavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to behold

BABS BLOWS HER SHAKESPEARE

By RICHARD JOHNSON with Paula Froelich and Chris Wilson
------------------------------------------------------------------------

BARBRA Streisand is set to massacre her staff in the wake of her second super-embarrassing blunder in the space of a week.

On Friday, word got out that Streisand had fired off a memo to House Democratic leader Dick Gephardt urging him to resist the White House plan to attack Iraq. Unfortunately, not only was Streisand's memo faxed to a Republican's office by mistake, it was riddled with spelling errors - like "Gebhardt" - that made the diva look like a dunce.

Then, on Sunday night, Streisand performed at the Kodak Theater in L.A. for the $6 million National Democratic Gala. During her show, she lectured the crowd, and declared: "I find George Bush and Dick Cheney frightening. Donald Rumsfeld and John Ashcroft frightening . . . I find bringing the country to the brink of war unilaterally five weeks before an election questionable - and very, very frightening."

Babs then took a stab at eloquence with: "In the words of William Shakespeare, 'Beware the leader who bangs the drums of war in order to whip the citizenry into a patriotic fervor, for patriotism is indeed a double-edged sword.' "

But Streisand, who needs to brush up on her Shakespeare, was taken in by the online illiteracy that passes for erudition. As cyber-gossip Matt Drudge pointed out on his Web site, the "patriotism" line is not from the playwright. It first appeared last year when it circulated via e-mail.

Streisand clearly doesn't know propaganda from poetry. She insisted in a statement via her rep Dick Gutttman: "It doesn't detract from the fact that the words themselves are powerful and true and beautifully written. Whoever wrote this is damned talented, and should be writing his own play."

For the first time in many years, La Streisand's other mouthpiece, Ken Sunshine, was speechless when asked about the Shakespeare snafu. But he gamely declared, "Nobody else has the guts to say what's really on her mind about serious issues."

Streisand's script and some altered lyrics she sang to "The Way We Were" were written by Alan and Marilyn Bergman, who will likely take the fall. Meanwhile, Streisand laid into her staffers on her Web site, babrastreisand.com, blaming the memo misspellings on "a new employee."

"It seems that when Republicans don't like what you say, they attack you on the lowest and least pertinent level," Babs complains on her site's "Truth Alert" section. "The manner in which this memo was leaked obliterated the imperative message of the note by drawing attention only to the fact that a few words had been misspelled."

The site goes on to explain that Streisand dictated the memo over the phone to "a new employee who sent out a first draft before it had been reviewed or checked for spelling . . . The ironic further truth [is] the fact that Barbra is a former spelling bee champion!"
MavKikiNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-02-2002, 03:48 PM   #2
Rhylan
Minister of Soul

Rhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond repute

The thing I don't get is what did she EVER do? Besides sing some shitty songs and make a few crappy movies?

She's like, beyond even Michael Jackson in the realm of fame perpetuating fame, rather than artistry perpetuating fame. These people like Joan Rivers that are famous just because they're famous. It's like the chicken and the egg.. what did they ever actually do? No one remembers. What have they done recently? Jack crap.

It's like celebrities that all they ever do is appear on game shows.. like Hollywood Squares and stuff. Huh? You did something 25 years ago that maybe half a million people cared about, and your publicist has just whored you out ever since in your undying need for attention and self-congratulation.

BAH.
Rhylan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2002, 04:15 PM   #3
senorfrog

senorfrog is on a distinguished road

I'd take her and Alec Baldwin and send them off in a flimsy raft to Cuba. Check out Baldwin's site. He had to shut the guestbook down because of smartasses like me who ripped him apart politically the day Bush was declared President.
DumbAlec's Site
Old 10-03-2002, 12:33 AM   #4
Evilmav2
Diamond Member

Evilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond repute

Maybe she should join democrat reps. Jim McDermott (7 term congressman from Seattle) and David Bonior (13 term Michigan congressman who is 2nd ranking democrat in the house) in their Jane Fonda-like Baghdad press conferences...

(J.McDermott from his Baghdad press conference: "I think the president would mislead the American people...&quot
Old 10-03-2002, 09:04 AM   #5
MavKikiNYC
Diamond Member

MavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to behold

This is actually much funnier than when Christie Brinkley bleated indignantly that she thought some women were voting for PRESIDENT Bush because they found him attractive.

It would take someone as gullible and intellectually lazy as Babbles to take a synthesized quote like this, which was widely known to be fraudulent, and use it in as public and publicized a forum as a Democratic fundraiser. Then again she bought Slick Willie's oozing, pustulant rap for years. Babbles may be frightened by President Bush, Dick Cheney, Josh Ashcroft, et al....too bad. I might be scared too if I were as stupid as she was. I doubt anyone is afraid of the unprincipled opposition that intellectual losers like Babbles fart out--just annoyed by this stupid, vapid, washed up, no-talent, hook-nosed, matzah-crackuh b*tch.

Same goes for Dan Rather trotting out two Clinton administration National Security Council functionaries (with a book to promote, go figure) and trying to say that the worthless Clinton administration had bravely and presciently tried to take on Bin Laden as a terrorist threat, but were foiled by FBI Director's Louis Freeh's personal animus toward and disdain toward Clinton. IF that were true, it just goes to show that a President has to have credibility on a personal level as well as a political level in order to be able to govern effectively. Clinton was off the charts politically, but off the chart in the opposite direction as a man. And yet these idiots try to rehabilitate him.

Three Stooges: Brinkley, Babbles and Rather
MavKikiNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2002, 10:35 AM   #6
senorfrog

senorfrog is on a distinguished road

<< This is actually much funnier than when Christie Brinkley bleated indignantly that she thought some women were voting for PRESIDENT Bush because they found him attractive.

It would take someone as gullible and intellectually lazy as Babbles to take a synthesized quote like this, which was widely known to be fraudulent, and use it in as public and publicized a forum as a Democratic fundraiser. Then again she bought Slick Willie's oozing, pustulant rap for years. Babbles may be frightened by President Bush, Dick Cheney, Josh Ashcroft, et al....too bad. I might be scared too if I were as stupid as she was. I doubt anyone is afraid of the unprincipled opposition that intellectual losers like Babbles fart out--just annoyed by this stupid, vapid, washed up, no-talent, hook-nosed, matzah-crackuh b*tch.

Same goes for Dan Rather trotting out two Clinton administration National Security Council functionaries (with a book to promote, go figure) and trying to say that the worthless Clinton administration had bravely and presciently tried to take on Bin Laden as a terrorist threat, but were foiled by FBI Director's Louis Freeh's personal animus toward and disdain toward Clinton. IF that were true, it just goes to show that a President has to have credibility on a personal level as well as a political level in order to be able to govern effectively. Clinton was off the charts politically, but off the chart in the opposite direction as a man. And yet these idiots try to rehabilitate him.

Three Stooges: Brinkley, Babbles and Rather
>>

Amen
Old 10-03-2002, 01:14 PM   #7
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point

great post kiki...really good stuff.
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote