Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Around the NBA

Old 05-21-2002, 08:23 PM   #41
Bayliss

Bayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond repute

Kid... stats stats stats... if ya want to go by stats then Dirk had a great series against the Kings:

25 points
12 rebounds
3 assists
47% 3P
86% FT

Oh wait... that's right, he didn't.

Just like Webber didn't. Webber fouled out of two wins by the Kings. While the Kings were going down the stretch he was cheering them on with his towel waving. Yeah what a great player. So great he couldn't even play in two of their wins when it mattered most.

Bayliss is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-21-2002, 08:26 PM   #42
seelenjaeger
Diamond Member

seelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to allseelenjaeger is a name known to all

maybe we can agree on this formula:

"Webber is the role player the Kings need to reach the 4th quarter without being blown out ..."?
Old 05-22-2002, 09:31 AM   #43
TheKid
Diamond Member

TheKid is on a distinguished road

Did the Kings win???? YES!!! Was Dirk on the floor with those stats when they lost???? YES!!! So does that mean that Dirk isn't clutch??? NO!!!

Stats are NOT the end all be all, but they do give you some sort of story. Listen everyone here knows basketball, so the fact that you all are trying to say that Webber is a role player is ridiculous. Also with Dirk's stats, it's funny how you eliminated his FG%. If he shot a better field goal percentage guess what, his numbers would have been better and guess what, we would have won.. Like I said before also, I didn't have a problem with Dirk's performance offensively in this series, I just said he sucked defensively as well as the rest of the Mavs.

There was only ONE game where he played downright terrible, so if I want to look at the stats, I can say, well he really didn't play all that bad. You can't say a player was HORRENDOUS and puts up the numbers he did, however that's what you all are trying to say.

I don't care how much anyone knows about basketball, if they can't put aside their dislikes of a player it simply gets in the way of making an objective view.
Old 05-22-2002, 06:46 PM   #44
Bayliss

Bayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond repute

<< I don't care how much anyone knows about basketball, if they can't put aside their dislikes of a player it simply gets in the way of making an objective view. >>

Don't dislike Webber. He just doesn't make an impact in the 4th. Never have and never will. And apparently by the objective view this year is that the Kings don't have to have Webber step up in the 4th. They have others guys who will come to play in the 4th (and win for them). In the past they just had Webber..

Bayliss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2002, 09:22 PM   #45
mali king

mali king is on a distinguished road

aaahhh...so refreshing to read some real basketball posts...I've just been to Lakerground forum...you wouldn't believe the amount of garbage there. i hope next year we'll meet again in playoffs in western finals..I have nothing else to say now except this. I enjoy your levelled posts, guys. keep it up...
mali king is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2002, 10:20 PM   #46
grbh
Platinum Member

grbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to all

I hope so too. I believe the Mavs will be a better team next year than this. So watch out Kings [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

http://www.genevaschools.org/austinb...gray/platypus/
grbh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2002, 10:54 PM   #47
OzMavs
Platinum Member

OzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud ofOzMavs has much to be proud of

<< maybe we can agree on this formula:

&quot;Webber is the role player the Kings need to reach the 4th quarter without being blown out ...&quot;?
>>

Yeah, what was he like 4 of 13 in the 2nd half of game 2. We need Murph back simply for his signature!

I'll buy you a drink: HERE

NOW WITH FREE REP WITH EVERY DRINK!!
OzMavs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2002, 10:59 PM   #48
Hoopsmeister
Platinum Member

Hoopsmeister has a spectacular aura aboutHoopsmeister has a spectacular aura about

<< Don't dislike Webber. He just doesn't make an impact in the 4th. Never have and never will. And apparently by the objective view this year is that the Kings don't have to have Webber step up in the 4th. They have others guys who will come to play in the 4th (and win for them). In the past they just had Webber.. >>

I do dislike the Tin Man. In large part because I started off so well-disposed toward him. I liked the Fab Five. I enjoyed their tournament runs and I thought Webber was going to make a great pro. Well, he's made a pretty pro. He is undoubtedly a star in the league. But he is also the least 'clutch' star the league has seen in a long time. When it comes to crunch time, he is worthless. Probably the best thing that happened to Sacramento this year was his being out for so many games to start the season. Not because they are better without him--he is very useful as long as the pressure is not on. But because the rest of the team had improved to the point they could win without him and they learned that about themselves, and also learned to depend on other players--like Bibby and Peja when things actually got tough.
Corollary #1: If you put the ball through the hoop more than the other guy, you win.
Corollary #2: If you can't do that, get off the floor.
Hoopsmeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2002, 08:17 AM   #49
Platinum Member

#41 is a glorious beacon of light#41 is a glorious beacon of light#41 is a glorious beacon of light#41 is a glorious beacon of light#41 is a glorious beacon of light#41 is a glorious beacon of light#41 is a glorious beacon of light

I really hope a eastern team will win the championship, I don't want Peja and Hedo to win a championship before Dirk does next year! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
#41 is offline   Reply With Quote