Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Around the NBA

Old 05-23-2002, 10:01 PM   #1
Hales233
Golden Member

Hales233 is on a distinguished road

My Celtics are bound for the NBA Finals baby! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img]
Old 05-23-2002, 10:19 PM   #2
grbh
Platinum Member

grbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to all

I love Pierce, I really do Hales, and I think they will get past N.J.

That said I hate Walker. There is not a worse shooter in the league averaging over 15 points a game.

http://www.genevaschools.org/austinb...gray/platypus/
grbh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2002, 10:26 PM   #3
Hales233
Golden Member

and the scary thing is pierce and walker both shot HORRIBLY in Game 2 and we still won...and won on the road.

Pierce was 3-20 from the field and 11-20 at the line.

That shows we have amazing role players and we win with our tremendous "team" defense.
Old 05-23-2002, 11:05 PM   #4
grbh
Platinum Member

grbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to all

True, the Celtics play pretty good D, but even if they win, what are your thoughts on a Celtics/Lakers or Kings series.

Mine are the Mavs beat Boston in 5, and the Kings and Lakers are beter than Dallas.

http://www.genevaschools.org/austinb...gray/platypus/
grbh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2002, 11:10 PM   #5
aexchange
Boom goes the Dynamite!

aexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant future

<< and the scary thing is pierce and walker both shot HORRIBLY in Game 2 and we still won...and won on the road.

Pierce was 3-20 from the field and 11-20 at the line.

That shows we have amazing role players and we win with our tremendous &quot;team&quot; defense.
>>

either that.

or the east is just really REALLY bad. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
aexchange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2002, 07:00 AM   #6
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point

LOL aexchange!
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2002, 07:22 AM   #7
Hales233
Golden Member

GRBH, I think the C's have a chance of at least giving the Kings/Lakers a bit of a scare. My predictions would be:

Kings 4, Celtics 3.
Lakers 4, Celtics 2.
Old 05-24-2002, 08:25 AM   #8
Don Ho

Don Ho is on a distinguished road

The Celtix do not have a chance in the next round.
Don Ho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2002, 08:42 AM   #9
SeomanSnowlock

SeomanSnowlock is on a distinguished road

The NBA should change it to where the winner of the Western Conference finishes first and the loser finishes second. The Spurs and the Mavericks tie for third. The Eastern Conference is simply fighting for 5th and 6th spots.
Old 05-24-2002, 08:52 AM   #10
aexchange
Boom goes the Dynamite!

aexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant future

i think the jazz have a legit chance of coming out of the east if they were to play.

honestly.
aexchange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2002, 09:20 AM   #11
Hales233
Golden Member

Seoman: That is the stupidest idea I've ever heard.

Just because the Celtics are still alive in the playoffs and the Mavs are long gone doesn't mean you have to be jealous.

Don't cry little baby. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]
Old 05-24-2002, 09:25 AM   #12
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

The Celtics aren't that bad, give them a break.
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2002, 09:33 AM   #13
Hales233
Golden Member

&lt;&lt;i think the jazz have a legit chance of coming out of the east if they were to play.&gt;&gt;

The Jazz? You think they're better than the Celtics or the Nets? Plllease, Malone isn't a superstar anymore and Stockton is on the brink of retirement. What makes you think they could beat us in a 7 game series?
Old 05-24-2002, 12:14 PM   #14
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

Unfortunately for the Eastern Conference, the Jazz vs the Celtics would be a very tightly contested series. I believe the Celtics would win but it would be close.
Old 05-24-2002, 12:53 PM   #15
Hales233
Golden Member

Regardless of what you or your twin sister say murph the playoff format will remain the same, so get used to it.
Old 05-24-2002, 12:55 PM   #16
Murphy3
Guru

I don't think that anyone is calling for their to be a format change. People are merely mentioning how unfortunate it is that either the Kings or the Lakers have to play another series against a team that is much worse than the team they just beat in the Western Conference Finals
Old 05-24-2002, 12:57 PM   #17
Murphy3
Guru

Like I've said many times, the Celtics are getting close to being an elite team, but they are still not there.
Old 05-24-2002, 01:03 PM   #18
Hales233
Golden Member

I don't care if they &quot;aren't there&quot; yet as you say...Why the hell are you always so negative? The City of Boston is embracing this team and their playoff run...why even debate if they are &quot;elite&quot;? They are still playing, that's good enough for me...what you need to do murph is learn to enjoy the ride instead of overanalyzing EVERYTHING.

Why is it so unfortunate that the Lakers or Kings have to play the East in the Finals? They should love the chance to prove their dominance.
Old 05-24-2002, 01:05 PM   #19
Murphy3
Guru

It is unfortunate because the Championship should be a matchup between the two best teams. Not the best team and the 6th-7th best
Old 05-24-2002, 01:07 PM   #20
Hales233
Golden Member

If you feel that way, then pay all of your attention to the WCF and just don't tune into the NBA Finals!! We certainly won't miss having disloyal fans like you around.
Old 05-24-2002, 01:23 PM   #21
Murphy3
Guru

I'm a very loyal fan.
Just because I think the Eastern Conference sucks doesn't mean that I'm not a loyal fan.

Old 05-24-2002, 06:33 PM   #22
Hales233
Golden Member

You clearly aren't loyal.