Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-06-2007, 12:14 PM   #11
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Male26Dan
I guess I mean agression with his shot more so than overall aggression. Yes, he is still attacking the rim but he is not allowing himself to find a rhythm with his jumpshot. You think it is because Avery has told him DONT SHOOT - ATTACK THE BASKET. I think it is because he is Fed up in the head right now and has no confidence. So when he is in shooting situations he doesn't force anything and when he is in driving situations he does, often leading to blocked shots and 5 second staring matches at the refs while the other team runs down the court playing 5 on 4.

Dirk is a shooter and he needs to shoot the ball more to be effective. Sure, getting to the line and driving has its purposes too, and he was really good at that a couple of years ago and still darn good the past two years but he just doesn't get the calls consistently so I am just constantly begging him to make them hurt him with his shot.

Do you remember those 4 3s in that game. While not necessarily 3s, he used to do that all the time. Just catch and shoot and swish. How often do you see him make 3 or 4 straight shots these days.

It is just really frustrating as such a huge fan of his to see him playing this way and letting the double-teams define his production rather than getting in position, catching, and shooting.

Maybe he isn't coasting, but his lack of shooter's agression gives me that feeling.
This I can agree with, that he's not looking for his shot nearly as much as he should. He does also seem to be confused about what to do with the double teams. In fact the whole team doesn't seem to have figured out how to handle that one, except pass it around for a 3pt attempt (yuck).
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dirk