Diamond Member

DTL is on a distinguished road

must-win for C-Webb & Company
DTL is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-20-2002, 07:14 PM   #2
reeds
Golden Member

reeds is infamous around these partsreeds is infamous around these partsreeds is infamous around these partsreeds is infamous around these partsreeds is infamous around these partsreeds is infamous around these partsreeds is infamous around these parts

Kobe may not play- food posioning...im sure the Kings posioned his cheesecake
Old 05-20-2002, 07:23 PM   #3
Bayliss

Bayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond repute

<< Kobe may not play- food posioning...im sure the Kings posioned his cheesecake >>

And I'm thinking Kobe is semi faking it so he'll look &quot;good&quot; when he has a great performance and all the broadcasters keep saying is how he battled through it. Smells much like the &quot;bruised ribs&quot; syndrome he had earlier in the year.

Of course it could be my cynical side showing... but I wouldn't put it past Kobe...

Bayliss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2002, 08:58 PM   #4
MavKikiNYC
Diamond Member

MavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to behold

What is with these European boyz and these huge-assed ear nuggets?

C'mon, Peja!

Sometimes you just wanna say to America's youth:

&quot;Pull up your pants and give your grandmothers back their jewelry!&quot;
MavKikiNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2002, 10:05 PM   #5
Rhylan
Minister of Soul

Rhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond repute

Kevin Harlan is so disturbed by the free-throw discrepancy that he's going to have to enter into therapy after the game is over.
Rhylan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2002, 10:17 PM   #6
MavsFanFinley
Guru

MavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond repute

Is it me or this game boring? I'm really not getting anything out of it?

The first game seemed more exciting and it's cause the Kings lost, that's for sure.
Old 05-20-2002, 10:21 PM   #7
MavsFanFinley
Guru

MavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond repute

Um, well that dunk from Divac just now was anything but boring.

Wow!
Old 05-20-2002, 10:28 PM   #8
djb
Administrator

djb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond repute

Kobe pulled this shit in last year's playoffs and - lo and behold - ended up looking like a badass when he pulled off a win after a hot fourth quarter. Whatever [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img]
djb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2002, 10:36 PM   #9
Rhylan
Minister of Soul

Rhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond repute

How often do athletes get IVs? Like ALL the time. When was the last time you saw a player come out with the band aid on his arm where the IV went? Kobe tonight was the first I've ever seen. He's just a show. Like a bad soap opera.
Old 05-20-2002, 10:42 PM   #10
DTL
Diamond Member

looks like the Kings got this one. hopefully they don't pull a Spurs Q4 now....
Old 05-20-2002, 10:45 PM   #11
MavsFanFinley
Guru

He's just a show. Like a bad soap opera.

Exactly. People talk about Webber and his antics, I'd take them over Kobe's any day.

And, the Kings have shown some energy right now that I didn't see in game 1. They have a 14 pt lead with Christie's basket (and foul) and if they keep up what they've been doing, they have this one locked up.
Old 05-20-2002, 10:49 PM   #12
DTL
Diamond Member

Shaq dunks. 89-80....
Old 05-20-2002, 10:52 PM   #13
Rhylan
Minister of Soul

as Barkley might say, the Kings are getting some &quot;tight sphincters.&quot;
Old 05-20-2002, 10:56 PM   #14
DTL
Diamond Member

Mike Bibby. Wow. Cold-blooded three.
Old 05-20-2002, 10:58 PM   #15
Rhylan
Minister of Soul

That three was very Nash-esque
Old 05-20-2002, 11:01 PM   #16
DTL
Diamond Member

2-9 FTs by C-Webb....
Old 05-20-2002, 11:05 PM   #17
Bayliss

Bayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond repute

C-Webb showing his true colors in the 4th quarter again.

Old 05-20-2002, 11:06 PM   #18
Rhylan
Minister of Soul

word
Old 05-20-2002, 11:06 PM   #19
DTL
Diamond Member

i should've said Bibby &amp; Company at the beginning of this thread....
Old 05-20-2002, 11:12 PM   #20
MavKikiNYC
Diamond Member

MavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to beholdMavKikiNYC is a splendid one to behold

On the closeup of Tyra, was the girl to her right ugly, or just ugly by comparison?

That timeout by Webber on the inbound took some balls--his boldest play of the night.

Difference tonight: Bibby and Jackson. CWeb just along for the ride--a $122M role player.
Old 05-20-2002, 11:14 PM   #21
MavsFanFinley
Guru

I don't know why they got the ball into Webber's hands anyway in that situation.

Don't get me wrong, I think Tyra Banks is pretty and all, but damn if she didn't look ugly when they kept showing her during Webber's ft's.
Old 05-21-2002, 12:40 AM   #22
grbh
Platinum Member

grbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to allgrbh is a name known to all

The Kings played a really tight rotation tonight. Only 7 guys played.

Webber: 47
Christie: 46
Bibby: 44

Bibby also played 45 minutes in the 1st game. He only averaged 33 minutes during the regular season. Though he didn't look tired tonight, you have to wonder if those type of minutes will wear him down.

If Peja is back for game 3 then the minutes for all the guys should be a little more reasonable.

http://www.genevaschools.org/austinb...gray/platypus/
grbh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2002, 08:26 AM   #23
Hales233
Golden Member

Hales233 is on a distinguished road

Yeah MavsKiki...Most role players I know score 21 points, pull down 13 boards, dish out 5 assists, grab 2 steals, and block 5 shots....in a playoff game no less.

I'm beginning to wonder if your half a brain works.

CWEBB#4
Old 05-21-2002, 08:41 AM   #24
TheKid
Diamond Member

TheKid is on a distinguished road

Mavskiki, I understand you don't like Webber, that's cool though but role player??? I beg to differ. That role player destroyed the MAVS, that's for sure...
Old 05-21-2002, 10:38 AM   #25
TheKid
Diamond Member

&lt;&lt;What is with these European boyz and these huge-assed ear nuggets?

C'mon, Peja!

Sometimes you just wanna say to America's youth:

&quot;Pull up your pants and give your grandmothers back their jewelry!&quot; &gt;&gt;

Just because you don't like it doesn't mean it's something wrong with it. It simply means you don't like it.
Old 05-21-2002, 11:59 AM   #26
MavKikiNYC
Diamond Member

Right. It's true. I don't like it. I think it looks outlandishly foolish. But I actually agree with you.

And in some neighborhoods, men wear skirts and fishnet stockings. Same principle applies. Nothing wrong with it. YOU may not like it, but nothing inherently wrong with it.
Old 05-21-2002, 12:39 PM   #27
MavKikiNYC
Diamond Member

Yeah, Hales. Next you're going to tell me how his laser-accurate 4 of 11 FT shooting was a key component to the Kings' win.

EDIT: I gotta correct myself here--he was 3 of 11 .

Any fool can look at a box score and spin a story--look at Murph. &lt;just kidding, Murph...hurry back.&gt;

But if you had any sort of hoops sense, you'd understand that Web wasn't cranking those numbers at critical times of the game, and that in fact, he pretty much FADED FROM SIGHT when the game got close. He was one scared sucker on those last two FTs, but I'll give him that much credit for not exposing himself at the end, when the game was already all but won.

I may not respect Webber, but I do enjoy watching his routine.

Old 05-21-2002, 12:40 PM   #28
SeomanSnowlock

SeomanSnowlock is on a distinguished road

Calm down, I've seen people suspended for less.
Old 05-21-2002, 12:48 PM   #29
MavKikiNYC
Diamond Member

It's all hoopsfun, man. All hoops. All in fun.
Old 05-21-2002, 12:53 PM   #30
SeomanSnowlock

I know, I was being a bit sarcastic.
Old 05-21-2002, 02:47 PM   #31
TheKid
Diamond Member

This I do know, he didn't have to step up lastnight, other players took care of that, on top of it they won. If they were losing, I guess I could agree with you but right now they're tied in the series so not even him shooting 3-11 from the free throw line hurt his team.
Old 05-21-2002, 04:14 PM   #32
Hales233
Golden Member

Tiki Lady is just nitpicking...I admit his FT shooting sucked, but they won the game...why won't you acknowledge he played a very good game other than his FT shooting? Is that so hard for you to say?

I dislike quite a few players in this league but I have no trouble admitting when they have a big game...apparently you do.
Old 05-21-2002, 04:36 PM   #33
MavKikiNYC
Diamond Member

He sucked.

Hey, I admitted that his drama routine was entertaining....what more do you want, Illiteroboi?
Old 05-21-2002, 04:42 PM   #34
Bayliss

Webber did exactly what he always does:

puts up good numbers then doesn't **matter at all** in the 4th.

Did it in the Utah series.... did it in the Dallas series... doing it again in the Lakers series.

So what is the difference this year? In Webber's game, not a damn difference, but Sac doesn't need him to be great (and after all they waited long enough and got tired)... so all the other players **around** him got better.

Sacramento didn't win because of Webber in the Utah series...
Sacramento didn't win because of Webber in the Dallas series...
Sacramento didn't win because of Webber in the Laker series....
Old 05-21-2002, 04:44 PM   #35
MavKikiNYC
Diamond Member

I heard that.

And the people said, &quot;A-men.&quot;
Old 05-21-2002, 05:01 PM   #36
TheKid
Diamond Member

You all are hilarious... The guy has lead his team in scoring in EACH of the series and lead his team in rebounding in EACH of the series..

1st series

21 points 11 rebs.

The only one close was Peja who also had 21 points a game but the next was Bibby with 14.

Second series

25 points 11 rebounds

The third series

24.5 points 13.5 rebounds

He's been the ONLY consistent player on that team so far through the first three series. People can say Bibby, but Bibby didn't have nearly the impact on the first series as he did the second series.

My point is this, take Webber off the team (the role player you all are saying he is) then the game is not even close come the fourth quarter. How you all can say someone who is averaging 23.5 points a game and more than 11 rebounds through the playoffs is a non factor is beyond me. There is NO ONE ELSE on that team who could step up and give them those number consistently! Yeah Divac can do it one game, but he's done it now every game in every series. Also the second series against the Mavs, he only played 37 minutes a game. Bibby played the most with 42 a game and Divac played more than Webber also but those players still wasn't able to put up those numbers.

You can say all you want, Horry has been more effective in the playoffs this year in the &quot;clutch&quot; than Kobe and Shaq has been so should we consider Shaq and Kobe role playes now and Horry is the go to guy?
Old 05-21-2002, 05:03 PM   #37
Hales233
Golden Member

Great point Kid.
Old 05-21-2002, 05:06 PM   #38
aexchange
Boom goes the Dynamite!

aexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant futureaexchange has a brilliant future

as usual, i concur kid.
aexchange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2002, 05:22 PM   #39
TheKid
Diamond Member

Now the ONE thing I will agree on is his antics and his whining. I COULD DEFINATELY do without that, and I would love it SO much if he just stopped that.. It's very annoying that's for sure.
Old 05-21-2002, 06:53 PM   #40
SeomanSnowlock

I would like to see Webber step up more late in close games. He wasn't forced to in the Mavericks series and he hasn't really done so yet in this series.