Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 02-25-2001, 07:09 PM   #1
djb
Administrator

djb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond repute

Since the board got wiped clean, I thought now would be a good time to have another Dallas-Mavs.com contest [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] The official rules and announcement will be posted on the front page later this week, but I thought I'd give you all a heads up! Unlike the first contest where the winners were randomly drawn, this time <u>you</u> have control over the outcome! Here's how it works:
  • To be eligible, you must first be a member of this board. If you aren't already a member, registration is fast, easy, and completely free!
  • For every message you post, you will receive 1 point.
  • For every new member you get to sign up here at the Dallas-Mavs.com Forums, you will receive 15 points.
  • On April 18th, the member with the most points will receive either a replica Michael Finley road jersey OR a Dallas Mavericks hockey jersey [photo]. Your choice!
The contest officially started on Friday, Feb 23rd, with the re-opening of the forums. An official rules and entry page will be posted later this week on the Dallas-Mavs.com front page. Good luck!
djb is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-25-2001, 09:52 PM   #2
LonestarROB
Patient # 312412

LonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to all

Sounds good to me. The only problem I see that could happen is that some people might just post stupid stuff just to get there post total's up. But I don't think anybody here NOW would do that though.

Website - www.thegamesector.com
Hell bent 100% Texan 'til I die.
LonestarROB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2001, 10:01 PM   #3
big_pth
Diamond Member

big_pth is a name known to allbig_pth is a name known to allbig_pth is a name known to allbig_pth is a name known to allbig_pth is a name known to allbig_pth is a name known to allbig_pth is a name known to allbig_pth is a name known to allbig_pth is a name known to allbig_pth is a name known to all

HAH! At last! The jersey will be mine! Long I have waited for this chance to return! Sure, the hat is nice, but the jersey must belong to me! Mwahahahahaha!!!
Old 02-25-2001, 11:58 PM   #4
djb
Administrator

djb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond reputedjb has a reputation beyond repute

Don't worry Rob..I'm going to post a note along with the official rules stating that members who spam the board or post garbage for the sole purpose of padding their stats will be disqualified. Also, there will be ip checks to make sure people don't create fake member accounts for the contest.
Old 02-26-2001, 09:59 AM   #5
LonestarROB
Patient # 312412

LonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to allLonestarROB is a name known to all

Cool.

But it's probably rigged like the first giveaway so I aint gonna win anything anyways. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] j/k

Old 02-26-2001, 10:35 AM   #6
giostar

giostar will become famous soon enoughgiostar will become famous soon enough

I dont care about winning (although it would be pretty cool), but Im just glad that someone who actually comes and is a regular here is going to win something. Not like last time where 4 or 5 people that we never heard from won the cool stuff.
giostar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2001, 11:33 AM   #7
djb
Administrator

giostar you'll get extra points if you get any former Mavs to sign up and post [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
Old 02-26-2001, 01:40 PM   #8
Hales233
Golden Member

Hales233 is on a distinguished road

Hey!!! I'm offended by that, I won a Finley photo and I post here all the time.
Old 02-26-2001, 01:48 PM   #9
big_pth
Diamond Member

big_pth is a name known to allbig_pth is a name known to allbig_pth is a name known to allbig_pth is a name known to allbig_pth is a name known to allbig_pth is a name known to allbig_pth is a name known to allbig_pth is a name known to allbig_pth is a name known to allbig_pth is a name known to all

Hey, I post here as well, and won the infamous Mavs hat...
Old 02-26-2001, 03:55 PM   #10
giostar

Ill see what I can do... I have to see if I can get a few other x-NBA players to visit too. Lets see, Randy White's wife works here, as well as John Sally's sister. Ive met and hung out with the bothof them before. Let me see if what kind of scheming I can do to get one of the 3 to post stuff.
Old 02-26-2001, 08:43 PM   #11
djb
Administrator

Rules have been changed slightly. New member referrals will now get you 15 points.
Old 02-27-2001, 09:17 AM   #12
big_pth
Diamond Member

BLAST! I know no famous Mavs or NBA players! But the jersey will still be mine! Randy White? The football player or the disapointing Mav?
Old 02-27-2001, 10:09 AM   #13
giostar

Well its a former NBA player... so it is the disapointing Mav. He is currently working for Mr. Cuban and the Mavs in some sort of promotions role. I cant remember his oficial job title.
Old 02-27-2001, 10:27 AM   #14
djb
Administrator

Even if it's not a former NBA player, you still get 15 points for each new member you refer to the board! Not only will you get the points (and a greater chance at that jersey), but you'll also make this a more active and interesting place [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
Old 02-27-2001, 10:28 AM   #15
djb
Administrator

BTW Rob, where's BBL? Haven't seen him in a while!
Old 02-27-2001, 10:43 AM   #16
LonestarROB
Patient # 312412

Don't know DJ. Maybe he doesn't know your back online. I'll go notify him at fanhome. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 02-28-2001, 11:27 AM   #17
LonestarROB
Patient # 312412

Out of curiosity, what's on the Hockey jersey? Is the logo on the front all that's on it? Or is there something on the back? Just wondering.

Old 02-28-2001, 12:40 PM   #18
djb
Administrator

I've only seen a front pic so I don't know if there's anything on the back. Cuban's worn it a couple times though, and I don't recall seeing anything on the back.
Old 03-06-2001, 09:01 PM   #19
erub

erub is on a distinguished road

woohoo hockey jersey..when are the stars gonna design a basketball jersey with their logo on it [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
erub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2001, 09:32 PM   #20
Evilmav2
Diamond Member

Evilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond repute

Is the jersey the clasic Mavs' one that Cuban always seem to wear dring interviews?
Old 03-06-2001, 10:06 PM   #21
Evilmav2
Diamond Member

Evilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond repute

big_pth, Randy White could have been the next Karl Malone...
Old 03-06-2001, 11:11 PM   #22
LonestarROB
Patient # 312412

&quot;Is the jersey the clasic Mavs' one that Cuban always seem to wear dring interviews? &quot;

I think we can call it the Chalupa gate jersey [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] .

Old 03-06-2001, 11:39 PM   #23
Evilmav2
Diamond Member

Nice... That is the jersey which I was referring to...
Old 03-07-2001, 12:03 AM   #24
djb
Administrator

That's definitely one sweet jersey! I wouldn't mind getting one for myself after this contest [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
Old 03-11-2001, 09:25 PM   #25
mavsfan-972

mavsfan-972 is on a distinguished road

i wonder how the new mavs stuff will fare in the media. ussually where they sell stars and cowboys stuff mavs stuff could not be seen. Hope it gets popular.
mavsfan-972 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2001, 01:54 AM   #26
scooterj5
Golden Member

scooterj5 is on a distinguished road

That jersey is niiiiiiiice