Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > The Lounge

Old 01-10-2005, 10:43 PM   #1
XERXES
Diamond Member

XERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud ofXERXES has much to be proud of
Default Best CD of 2004

I know I should have posted this a couple of weeks ago as aught four was winding down. Some of you know that I'm in the music business, and thus I am privy to a whole stinking lot of music (most of it stinking literally.) That being said, I don't want to give a Sikey or anything, but I thought I would share my professional opinion and tell you what I thought was the very best CD of 2004:

(drumroll please)

Todd Snider, East Nashville Skyline.

If you've never heard of Todd Snider- you're missing out. The CD is irreverent and borderline genius. He was originally signed to Jimmy Buffett's Margaritaville/MCA label...but is now on John Prine's Oh Boy label. I cannot stop listening to this disc. Check it out for yourself.todd snider
Old 01-11-2005, 03:29 AM   #2
ocelot_ark
Diamond Member

ocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud of
Default RE: Best CD of 2004

For my tastes....gotta be The Killers - Hot Fuss.
Old 01-11-2005, 02:41 PM   #3
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

Big Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond repute

are we counting compilations? cause the Garden State Soundtrack is VERY good.

i gotta go with
Matthew Ryan - Regret Over the Wires
and
Roger Clyne and the Peacemakers - Americano
Old 01-11-2005, 02:59 PM   #4
madape
Diamond Member

madape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to behold

Clay Aiken - Measure of a Man

ok, maybe not
madape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2005, 03:00 PM   #5
kingrex
Platinum Member

kingrex is a jewel in the roughkingrex is a jewel in the roughkingrex is a jewel in the roughkingrex is a jewel in the rough
Default RE:Best CD of 2004

Quote:
Originally posted by: madape

ok, maybe not
"Most Amusing Post" early-nominee for 2005.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
kingrex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2005, 04:24 PM   #6
ocelot_ark
Diamond Member

ocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud ofocelot_ark has much to be proud of
Default RE:Best CD of 2004

Quote:
Originally posted by: madape

ok, maybe not
nice.