Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Trade and Draft Board

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-13-2004, 11:19 PM   #1
Jeremiah

Jeremiah will become famous soon enough
Default what are they worth to you?

Antawn and Antoine, and just for good measure, Finley and Nash. We know their salaries, but we also know, or think that some are overpaid. So if you could have your pick of the litter, but you were constrained by your good sense, or someone else's to be fair, what kind of value would you assign these 4? I'll start and lead by example:

Jamison- He has a twin in Atlanta named Shareef. Shareef has a better jumpshot, AJ is better around the hoop, but they both score inside and out. They also have been on losers since they were hired, and can't seem to win. Their ppg and rpg are about the same as well. As an added bonus, their salaries are nearly identical. (from what I remember, I admit I didn't check)

SAR would be as even a trade I could think of for AJ, and I had to put that out there b/c I think they are so similar. So SAR at ANY salary level would be equal to AJ in my book. Who else?

Mashburn would equal AJ in my eyes. I like Mashburn, and think he's better than AJ, but his injuries make him less dependable, and therefore less valuable.

the triplet of Kwame and Larry Hughes and a future first would be fair compensation I think. Larry can't shoot, though he can fill it up, but he's just a younger, more athletic, taller version of Tony Delk. Brown is still a prospect, and might be a bust, but other players have been rejuvenated in new surroundings, and others have gotten better as they've grown past teen years, so I think Kwame's historic failure, with his promise, Larry, and a future first would equal Jamison.

Again, I'm not looking at salaries...

Walker: Jalen Rose is about what I think he's worth. Jalen isn't a big, but he's versatile, and he runs. AW is not really a big, but he can play 3-4 positions.

SAM I AM would also be equal I think. He's good, and heck, looks darn good next to KG, just as I think walk would look stupendous in ATL, or WAS, or ORL...

Nash: Vince. VC is younger, but has missed nearly two seasons. He might be a stretch though. VC's youth is also negated by Nash's ability and willingness to be the man on the team and take over games, and by his relative hardiness over the past 3 years.

EDDY Curry and Hinrich. Normally no, except Curry is still underachieving so he lacks the gleam a center that produces nightly would. Hinrich, though he's been given the reins in Chi, he's still a rook and prone to rook mistakes. His potential though looks very good, and Curry's is good as well.

Mike: picks 3-5 in any draft. Eric Dampier and a 2nd rounder in the top 3-5. Mike bibby. picks 3-5 should yield a star, Mike is or has been a star in this league, and is good enough to be a star on a team where he is the options 1 2 or 3. Sortof like the SAR Pau trade.

Damp's a good C, and a 2nd round prospect would even it out I think. I want to say more, but Damp, right now, is having a monster season, and Fin is having a so so season on the statsheet. That said, Damp isn't great, but his value is high now, and Fin isn't bad, but his value probably isn't as high as it could be now.

Bibby is a guy I think straight up is equal to Mike. Bib's younger and plays a position that is more coveted, but Mike's got the track record behind him.

Agree, disagree, or just submit your own list. And while I just limited mine to players on the same team, feel free to combine them, like Barbosa, Christie, and Jarvis Hayes for Mike Finley.