Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > Political Arena

Old 08-21-2008, 11:11 AM   #1
92bDad
Platinum Member

92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future
Default NBRA ... A dream recaptured

http://www.nbra.info/

Recently I caught a convention of sorts on TV...unfortunately, I can't remember what channel, nor the details...I should have wrote them down to research later.

Perhaps someone here can help me find some links.

One of if not THE key speaker was former Steeler Lynn Swann. He went on to discuss his 3 core platform thoughts:

1. Who am I?
2. What do I believe?
3. How do I act on that belief?

He was speaking to a room of Black Republicans and had some very powerful things to say, as did the rest of the room when they went to a panelist type of format.

Anyway, from watching this it prompted me to do a search in order to find a Youtube link or something so that others could view and listen to the words.

I love how Lynn Swan responds to the question regarding "How could you?" posed by other blacks. "How could you be a Republican?"

His answer, because I CHOOSE to.

He sticks to the issues and is casting his vote for McCain because he believes in McCains beliefs over Obama.

Lynn Swan is a leader who is showing by example how to not vote based on race, but rather on Who your are, what you believe and how you act on what you believe?

He speaks very clearly about the racism that is being portrayed by the black community...words that no white person could get away with, yet are so true and refreshing to hear and see.

If you have an open mind and are willing to read, and listen...then check out the NBRA link at the top of this post...check out what Blacks are saying to and for all, including others in the Black community.

Why are we NOT seeing any of these discussions on the main stream media?
92bDad is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-21-2008, 11:22 AM   #2
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Also, why don't more KKK members vote Democrat?

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2008, 12:20 PM   #3
rabbitproof
Diamond Member

rabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond repute

Must... secure... more... rep... to... rep... underdogggg!!

watch your thoughts, they become your words
rabbitproof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2008, 12:28 PM   #4
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

So you really think an equal number of KKK members and black americans will cast their votes based scrictly on race?

Uh huh.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2008, 12:44 PM   #5
rabbitproof
Diamond Member

rabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond repute

Certainly, a higher percentage of KKK members will.

Old 08-21-2008, 12:52 PM   #6
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

Well thank God a higher percentage of a voilent, white supremacist organization will vote based on color alone than an entire ethnicity.

Are you really comfortable using the KKK as an excuse for a large group of an ethnicity voting based on race alone?

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com

Last edited by jthig32; 08-21-2008 at 12:53 PM.
Old 08-21-2008, 01:01 PM   #7
rabbitproof
Diamond Member

I thought it was a funny point but you're right... if 'voting on race alone' made sense.

It's as if one's "race" exists in a silo to some people. Well, surprise surprise, it doesn't. One's background, world view and principles (aka reasons why we relate to one another and would accept someone's representation for us) are all partial byproducts of one's ethnicity. Is it that different than John McCain getting a larger share of the 70+ crowd?

Besides, as various posters have pointed out, the Democrats will only manage to maintain status quo, that is to continue to capture a majority of black voters - half-black candidate or not...

Last edited by rabbitproof; 08-21-2008 at 01:03 PM.
Old 08-21-2008, 01:03 PM   #8
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

Fair enough. I'm not denying the points you made. That would have been a much better response than the KKK comment.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
Old 08-21-2008, 01:14 PM   #9
rabbitproof
Diamond Member

IMO, it's not less obvious that a man who ran for Republican governor in 2006 would vote Republican.

Overall, I thought it was humorous but I will let UD defend himself.

Old 08-21-2008, 01:34 PM   #10
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

From the almighty, all knowing Wikipedia...
Quote:
KKK members have increased somewhat in recent years, but membership is estimated at 5,000 to 8,000 among an estimated 179 chapters
Old 08-21-2008, 01:49 PM   #11
rabbitproof
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flacolaco
From the almighty, all knowing Wikipedia...
That probably puts the members in Black Panther parties at around 1,000?

For all the desire to talk about percentage of blacks voting which way or another, Flaco brings up the good point about volume counting way more than percentage.

Mano y mano, 10% of the white vote counts more than 50% of the black.

Old 08-21-2008, 02:07 PM   #12
Usually Lurkin
Diamond Member

Usually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond repute

This is an interesting topic, that I wouldn't touch right now with a 10 foot pole.
I just wanted to say that I was really, really excited that this thread might be about the National Basketball Rifle Association.
Usually Lurkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2008, 04:22 PM   #13
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthig32
So you really think an equal number of KKK members and black americans will cast their votes based scrictly on race?
It has a lot less to do with race than ideals - what has Red done for Black lately/ever?

Old 08-21-2008, 04:23 PM   #14
Underdog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Usually Lurkin
I just wanted to say that I was really, really excited that this thread might be about the National Basketball Rifle Association.
I thought the same thing when I first read it...

Old 08-21-2008, 04:30 PM   #15
Underdog

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthig32
That would have been a much better response than the KKK comment.
Also better than the KKK comment (though, less of a punch in the throat):

Why don't more gays vote for Republicans?

Why don't more environmentalists vote for Republicans?

Why don't more "conservative" Mexican-Americans vote for Republicans?

Why don't more upper-middle class white males vote for Democrats?

Why don't more fundamental Christians vote for Democrats?

Why don't more soldiers vote for Democrats?

Last edited by Underdog; 08-21-2008 at 04:33 PM.
Old 08-21-2008, 04:41 PM   #16
mcsluggo
Golden Member

mcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant future

a really interesting question is why are more lower middle class white registered democrats apparently reluctant to support Obama?

(I am sure some of it is a personal appeal of Mac ... but not all of it)
mcsluggo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2008, 05:00 PM   #17
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcsluggo
a really interesting question is why are more lower middle class white registered democrats apparently reluctant to support Obama?

(I am sure some of it is a personal appeal of Mac ... but not all of it)
I'm not going to deny that race could, and does, play a role in that. But you certainly must recognize that it could also have to do with the fact that Obama is radically left, and McCain is definitely not radically right.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
Old 08-21-2008, 07:02 PM   #18
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog
Also, why don't more KKK members vote Democrat?
I've never figured that one out actually. Since they have the only ex KKK grand-wizard in their party. You'd think the boys would man-up for the old KKK wizard.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2008, 07:26 PM   #19
rmacomic
Platinum Member

rmacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond repute

I'm voting for Obama to prove I'm not racist.
Old 08-21-2008, 07:49 PM   #20
wmbwinn
Platinum Member

wmbwinn has much to be proud ofwmbwinn has much to be proud ofwmbwinn has much to be proud ofwmbwinn has much to be proud ofwmbwinn has much to be proud ofwmbwinn has much to be proud ofwmbwinn has much to be proud ofwmbwinn has much to be proud ofwmbwinn has much to be proud ofwmbwinn has much to be proud ofwmbwinn has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmacomic
If you are serious, that is the dumbest reason to vote I have ever heard...
"Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes...Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man." -Thomas Jefferson
wmbwinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2008, 08:18 PM   #21
jefelump

jefelump is a name known to alljefelump is a name known to alljefelump is a name known to alljefelump is a name known to alljefelump is a name known to alljefelump is a name known to alljefelump is a name known to alljefelump is a name known to alljefelump is a name known to all

Quote:
Ah, Affirmative Action is alive and well....

"Suppose you were an idiot. And suppose you were a member of Congress.. But I repeat myself."
-Mark Twain

'Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,'
--Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .
jefelump is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2008, 09:45 PM   #22
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

I visited nbra.com. It looks like typical tawdry propaganda to me.
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2008, 10:16 PM   #23
rmacomic
Platinum Member

rmacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by wmbwinn
If you are serious, that is the dumbest reason to vote I have ever heard...
You don't understand. The 3 black people I know will be in the booth with me, judging my every vote.
Old 08-21-2008, 10:17 PM   #24
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
You don't understand. The 3 black people I know will be in the booth with me, judging my every vote.
And the bitch of it is, you won't know whether or not they are armed.
Old 08-21-2008, 10:19 PM   #25
rmacomic
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by chumdawg
And the bitch of it is, you won't know whether or not they are armed.
You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to chumdawg again.

That made my day.
Old 08-21-2008, 10:23 PM   #26
wmbwinn
Platinum Member

wmbwinn has much to be proud ofwmbwinn has much to be proud ofwmbwinn has much to be proud ofwmbwinn has much to be proud ofwmbwinn has much to be proud ofwmbwinn has much to be proud ofwmbwinn has much to be proud ofwmbwinn has much to be proud ofwmbwinn has much to be proud ofwmbwinn has much to be proud ofwmbwinn has much to be proud of

Quote:
Ah...
I get it now.

Like when the plantation owner stood behind his black man at the polling booth...

only reversed...
"Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes...Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man." -Thomas Jefferson
wmbwinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2008, 10:28 PM   #27
rmacomic
Platinum Member

Quote:
Ah...
I get it now.

Like when the plantation owner stood behind his black man at the polling booth...

only reversed...
Never let it be said, "sarcasm is lost on dallas-mavs.com."
Old 08-21-2008, 10:46 PM   #28
chumdawg
Guru

Quote:
Ah...
I get it now.

only reversed...
Um, the boss's boys weren't allowed to vote, my brother. Don't you know your US history?
Old 08-21-2008, 11:02 PM   #29
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

I know some ... we'll call them "latin" people, who said they wouldn't vote for Obama because, quote: "porque es un pinche negro."
Old 08-21-2008, 11:19 PM   #30
chumdawg
Guru

Well, when (and if) we decide to let those folks vote, we will take their opinion under consideration.
Old 08-21-2008, 11:28 PM   #31
Usually Lurkin
Diamond Member

Usually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by chumdawg
I visited nbra.com. It looks like typical tawdry propaganda to me.
wasn't that on your list of reasons why you like Obama?
Usually Lurkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2008, 11:45 PM   #32
chumdawg
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Usually Lurkin
wasn't that on your list of reasons why you like Obama?
Come again?
Old 08-22-2008, 12:11 AM   #33
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Judge says...point to UL
Old 08-22-2008, 12:32 AM   #34
chumdawg
Guru

What the hell is UL even talking about? I would love to respond, but first I would need to know what he's gettng at.
Old 08-22-2008, 08:29 AM   #35
92bDad
Platinum Member

92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future

So when a Democrat speaks he/she is educating us...

But when a Republican speaks its propoganda?

I still love what Lynn Swan said..."I am Republican because I choose to be" ... then in his Key Note address, his 3 points are great:

1. Who am I?
2. What do I believe?
3. How do I act on my beliefs?

He has used this in reference to others in the black community trying to guilt him into voting Democrat and voting based on skin color.

He then goes on to discuss the issues and clearly he believes in the same solutions as the Republican party...thus the reason he supports John McCain.

It's funny to hear Lynn Swan call fellow Black Americans RACIST, yet it is also sad.

This country is no longer about the freedom of speech...as there is no white person who could get away with saying the things that Lynn Swann and the Black Republicans are saying about other blacks.

I love reading about how the Democrats too over after the freedom of slaves and that the Democrats have kept blacks in Virtual Slavery.

It's as if the Democratic leadership are the masters and the democrat constituants are the slaves.
Old 08-22-2008, 08:54 AM   #36
Underdog

Quote:
Originally Posted by 92bDad
So when a Democrat speaks he/she is educating us...

But when a Republican speaks its propoganda?
Who said that in this thread? Anyone??? (or are you just repeating what someone on TV said?)

Quote:
I still love what Lynn Swan said..."I am Republican because I choose to be" ... then in his Key Note address, his 3 points are great:

1. Who am I?
2. What do I believe?
3. How do I act on my beliefs?
Repetition is the key ingredient to propaganda (regardless of whether you're Republican or Democrat...)

[not to mention that this reads like Politics for Kindergardeners...]

Quote:
This country is no longer about the freedom of speech...as there is no white person who could get away with saying the things that Lynn Swann and the Black Republicans are saying about other blacks.
That's because black people never owned black people in this country...

Quote:
I love reading about how the Democrats too over after the freedom of slaves and that the Democrats have kept blacks in Virtual Slavery.
[in my best Sam Jackson voice]: English, motherf*cker - do you speak it???

Quote:
It's as if the American leadership are the masters and the American people are the slaves.
fixed. (you're finally starting to make sense...)

Last edited by Underdog; 08-22-2008 at 09:12 AM.
Old 08-22-2008, 09:22 AM   #37
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Pretty off topic here, but...where has Janett been lately?
Old 08-22-2008, 11:20 AM   #38
92bDad
Platinum Member

UD,

Was it not Blacks in Africa who sold Blacks into slavery to begin with?

Did you not have White as endentured servants, basically a different name for slavery?

As for the propoganda term...I believe it was chum who spun this into propoganda.

Personally I am hoping to Praise the Black Republicans in America. They have great courage to stand up for what they believe in, especially as they are attacked by first Black Democrat/Liberal America and second by certain White Republicans who are too scared to stand up and speak for the truth.

It's refreshing to fins some with a segmant of the population working on a grass roots effort to stand up and speak out.

Perhaps some day, we CAN put this whole subject of race behind us, but as long as some choose to make it an issue and choose to use it as a tool/weapon against the freedoms of this nation, then it is vital to give a voice to those within the label to speak out.
Old 08-22-2008, 11:31 AM   #39
Underdog

Quote:
UD,

Was it not Blacks in Africa who sold Blacks into slavery to begin with?
What does that have to do with "blacks owning blacks in THIS country"?

And you do realize that only a tiny percentage of Africans were sold out by other African tribes, right? (but no - let's pretend that Africans were responsible for slavery while at the same time patting black Americans on the back for taking the "path of righteousness" by voting for McCain - it's nice to see they're out-growing their childish monkey ways, right?)

The worst part is that your name is 92bDad - someone with as little grasp on reality as you should never have procreated (and not because you're a Republican, but because you're VERY poorly educated...)

Old 08-22-2008, 12:00 PM   #40
rabbitproof
Diamond Member

You sound like this black quarterback hater:

http://thinkprogress.org/2008/08/20/...o-a-black-guy/

Tags
fluffy banter