Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > Political Arena

Old 08-22-2008, 01:58 PM   #41
Kirobaito
Platinum Member

Kirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant futureKirobaito has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by 92bDad
UD,

Was it not Blacks in Africa who sold Blacks into slavery to begin with?

Did you not have White as endentured servants, basically a different name for slavery?
To add onto UD, no... indentured servitude is NOT the same thing as slavery. One became an indentured servant WILLINGLY, at least in the Americas (for the most part). It was a contract that ran for a certain amount of time. You were not forever your master's property, your children were not property (though very, very few indentured servants married before their service was up). Were conditions for them good? No. But it was not slavery. Indentured servants were quite different.

Last edited by Kirobaito; 08-22-2008 at 02:01 PM.
Kirobaito is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-22-2008, 02:58 PM   #42
92bDad
Platinum Member

92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by rabbitproof
You sound like this black quarterback hater:

http://thinkprogress.org/2008/08/20/...o-a-black-guy/
# 1 he's correct in his view.

#2 where did he ever say he was a "Black QB Hater"?

Last I heard, he stated that a QB who happened to be black was overrated...I agree with him as it relates to Donovan McNabb. He also stated that their was a lovefest with McNabb because he was black...can't say that I disagree.

But never once did he say he hates "Black" QB's.

This is a key example, when someone White makes a comment about someone not measuring up to the Media Hype, they become a "Black" hater...clearly a double standard, other than the fact that those same people are putting down the NBRA.

I wonder what type of example are they teaching as it relates to tolerance of opposing viewpoints?

Obama is NOT qualified and has NOT earned the position based on experience and I believe Rush' point is well taken and justified.

Funny, when I was young I was liberal, the older I get the more conservative I become. The more conservative I become the more I enjoy and appreciate my freedoms and the less I want to do with any Democrat control!!!
92bDad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2008, 03:11 PM   #43
Arne
Golden Member

Arne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud of

Quote:
# 1 he's correct in his view.

#2 where did he ever say he was a "Black QB Hater"?

Last I heard, he stated that a QB who happened to be black was overrated...I agree with him as it relates to Donovan McNabb. He also stated that their was a lovefest with McNabb because he was black...can't say that I disagree.

This is a key example, when someone White makes a comment about someone not measuring up to the Media Hype, they become a "Black" hater...clearly a double standard, other than the fact that those same people are putting down the NBRA.

I wonder what type of example are they teaching as it relates to tolerance of opposing viewpoints?

Obama is NOT qualified and has NOT earned the position based on experience and I believe Rush' point is well taken and justified.

Funny, when I was young I was liberal, the older I get the more conservative I become. The more conservative I become the more I enjoy and appreciate my freedoms and the less I want to do with any Democrat control!!!
So John McCain who fought Iraqis would love to have US troops in Iraq and that it would be nothing more than a cakewalk and now suddenly thinks that the US might need to stay in Iraq for a hundred years IS qualified? Or do you mean the McCain who a few months from now said that he thought that the US is not headed for a recession and now thinks he's Mr. Economy even though he previously even admitted that was his weakness? How can a guy who constantly makes predictions about the two most pressing issues for American voters that then turn out wrong be more qualified than Obama?

"Truth is treason in the empire of lies." - Ron Paul The Revolution - A Manifesto
Arne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2008, 03:13 PM   #44
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

I like when non-Americans tell me what the 2 most important issues are to me.

Just sayin...
Old 08-22-2008, 03:17 PM   #45
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Obama is NOT qualified and has NOT earned the position based on experience
Honestly, this sentence is all you need to say during the election (and I agree), but please leave "race" the hell out of it...

(because I certainly hear a lot of "race card sighting" from Team Red, but you guys always seem to be the ones bringing up the issue around here!)

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.

Last edited by Underdog; 08-22-2008 at 03:22 PM.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2008, 03:18 PM   #46
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Last edited by Underdog; 08-22-2008 at 03:19 PM.
Old 08-22-2008, 03:26 PM   #47
Arne
Golden Member

Arne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud ofArne has much to be proud of
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flacolaco
I like when non-Americans tell me what the 2 most important issues are to me.

Just sayin...
It might not be the most pressing issue to you but to the average American. Or just try to give me two other most pressing issues the average American has on his mind? Maybe shopping and eating? That's what George Carlin would say... Still, both need the well-being of tye conomy first...

Just sayin...

"Truth is treason in the empire of lies." - Ron Paul The Revolution - A Manifesto

Last edited by Arne; 08-22-2008 at 03:27 PM.
Arne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2008, 03:38 PM   #48
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

Yes, I'm a stupid ugly American and I like shopping and eating.

I'm more concerned with taxes, energy, education, illegal immigration, and a firm hand when it comes to national defense....than I am with specifically the war in Iraq.

What's going on in Iraq doesn't affect my every day life (apart from the fact that 3 very good friends of mine are there, and happy to be so btw). It doesn't affect the vast vast majority of Americans every day life at all, and if they didn't have the media shoving it down their throats, they wouldn't even know it exists.

What they do (should) know is that their electric bill sucks, their gas costs too much, their kids aren't getting properly educated, and the illegal immigrants are abusing the resources of our police, firemen, paramedics and health care...and not paying taxes.

Or how about the issue of politics itself? Maybe that's #1. Maybe I care the most about having people in the government that care about my family, rather than people who would rather go on vacation than have a simple up and down vote on off-shore drilling.

Last edited by Flacolaco; 08-22-2008 at 03:39 PM.
Flacolaco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2008, 04:10 PM   #49
GermanDunk
Diamond Member

GermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond repute

National Black Republican Association - is that a joke ?

I saved the Elephant button to my disk. Fellow germans will think, i´m going to ´em.

Last edited by u2sarajevo; 08-28-2008 at 11:23 AM.
GermanDunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2008, 04:26 PM   #50
rabbitproof
Diamond Member

rabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

Re: McNabb, Rush said:

"Sorry to say this, I don't think he's been that good from the get-go," Limbaugh said. "I think what we've had here is a little social concern in the NFL. The media has been very desirous that a black quarterback do well. There is a little hope invested in McNabb, and he got a lot of credit for the performance of this team that he didn't deserve. The defense carried this team."

It's laughable. Dude clearly has an agenda to dog black people and I think he represents a large group of people, unfortunately.

watch your thoughts, they become your words
rabbitproof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2008, 10:17 AM   #51
92bDad
Platinum Member

92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future92bDad has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by rabbitproof
Re: McNabb, Rush said:

"Sorry to say this, I don't think he's been that good from the get-go," Limbaugh said. "I think what we've had here is a little social concern in the NFL. The media has been very desirous that a black quarterback do well. There is a little hope invested in McNabb, and he got a lot of credit for the performance of this team that he didn't deserve. The defense carried this team."

It's laughable. Dude clearly has an agenda to dog black people and I think he represents a large group of people, unfortunately.

Not once did he make a negative remarks about blacks or black QB's. He merely pointed out that the Media is and was riding McNabbs jock simply because he was a Black QB on a good team.

It's funny, it's the same thing that the media is now doing with Barrack Osama.

They've latched onto this "Race Card" hope, failing to acknowledge that perhaps he does not merit this Media lovefest.

McNabb had some good stats, but what Rush pointed out was that McNabb got more credit than he deserved for the success of that team. I agree with that statement.

So because Rush spoke truthfully, he got blasted...typical
92bDad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2008, 10:19 AM   #52
Underdog

Quote:
How can you tell when someone loaded on oxycotyn is telling the truth?

[a.k.a. - never trust a junkie...]

Last edited by Underdog; 08-25-2008 at 10:21 AM.
Old 08-25-2008, 11:21 AM   #53
jefelump

jefelump is a name known to alljefelump is a name known to alljefelump is a name known to alljefelump is a name known to alljefelump is a name known to alljefelump is a name known to alljefelump is a name known to alljefelump is a name known to alljefelump is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog
How can you tell when someone loaded on oxycotyn is telling the truth?

[a.k.a. - never trust a junkie...]
So just because Rush said it while on pain pills, it's untrue? Would it be any more true or untrue if Howard Stern said it?

"Suppose you were an idiot. And suppose you were a member of Congress.. But I repeat myself."
-Mark Twain

'Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,'
--Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .
jefelump is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2008, 11:34 AM   #54
Underdog

Quote:
Originally Posted by jefelump
So just because Rush said it while on pain pills, it's untrue? Would it be any more true or untrue if Howard Stern said it?
The same...

(because I don't get my politics or belief systems from uneducated talking heads on the radio...)

Old 08-25-2008, 11:52 AM   #55
rabbitproof
Diamond Member

rabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Not once did he make a negative remarks about blacks or black QB's. He merely pointed out that the Media is and was riding McNabbs jock simply because he was a Black QB on a good team.

It's funny, it's the same thing that the media is now doing with Barrack Osama.

They've latched onto this "Race Card" hope, failing to acknowledge that perhaps he does not merit this Media lovefest.

McNabb had some good stats, but what Rush pointed out was that McNabb got more credit than he deserved for the success of that team. I agree with that statement.

Quarterbacks typically get more credit than deserved and more blame than deserved. McNabb's race has nothing to do with his professional feasts or famines.

Old 08-25-2008, 02:20 PM   #56
rabbitproof
Diamond Member

92bdad, maybe the way Republicans relate to people is part of the problem..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ikR1H3mh90

Old 08-28-2008, 11:21 AM   #57
mary
Troll Hunter

mary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond reputemary has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmacomic
I'm voting for Obama to prove I'm not racist.
Or maybe you just hate POW's.

"I don't know what went wrong," said guard Thabo Sefolosha. "It's hard to talk about it."
mary is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fluffy banter